Benefits as a College Program Participant

A friend of ours has invited us to Disney while she is there working. So my understanding is she gets a discount at the resort. Does she reserve our room for us or do we do it? We are coming in January, so hopefully there will be lots of rooms to pick from. We are hoping for Riverside.

Also we are planning to visit Disney either during the very last week of her work, or the week after she is done. Will the discount still be in effect for a week when she is actually already done? I think her actual last week is the week of New Years, and I doubt there's a discount available during a holiday, so that's why I'm thinking the week after New Years.

your friend must reserve for you, and as far as the holiday, i doubt it, because its all based on availability, but if you need a room, your friend must make the reservation via the cast portal..or by calling the reservation line.

A friend of ours has invited us to Disney while she is there working. So my understanding is she gets a discount at the resort. Does she reserve our room for us or do we do it? We are coming in January, so hopefully there will be lots of rooms to pick from. We are hoping for Riverside.

Also we are planning to visit Disney either during the very last week of her work, or the week after she is done. Will the discount still be in effect for a week when she is actually already done? I think her actual last week is the week of New Years, and I doubt there's a discount available during a holiday, so that's why I'm thinking the week after New Years.

I believe New Years is blocked out.

Also, you have to have a current ID to get the discount.

Hey guys!
Does anyone know if CP participants received discounts on the cruiseline or even ABD??

Thanks-have a great weekend!!!

Hey guys!
Does anyone know if CP participants received discounts on the cruiseline or even ABD??

Thanks-have a great weekend!!!

Yes, there are discounts for the DCL. But you have to be a CM (or a CP) for 90 days before the discount kicks in.

one of these days Joanna....we're going to stump you with a question you don't know. :) Thank you for your help!! :)

I believe New Years is blocked out.

Also, you have to have a current ID to get the discount.

Thanks for the info....could you clarify a little. So when this gal sets up our resort ressie, she'll be current. And I assume we'll pay in full prior to our visit.....but the actual stay might be the week she is leaving . . . so that won't work? When we check in, will they check to see if she is current?

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info....could you clarify a little. So when this gal sets up our resort ressie, she'll be current. And I assume we'll pay in full prior to our visit.....but the actual stay might be the week she is leaving . . . so that won't work? When we check in, will they check to see if she is current?

Thanks for the info.

I don't see why there should be a problem, as long as the reservation is made while the Cast member is currently employed..just make sure it's not during a blackout date or high peak period...

I don't see why there should be a problem, as long as the reservation is made while the Cast member is currently employed..just make sure it's not during a blackout date or high peak period...

I just want to further clarify this point- the reservations system won't allow a booking when the rate isn't available, so no one need worry about that. The other thing to keep in mind is that the person sponsoring the resort friends & family ("guest bedroom") reservation needs to show a current & valid cast member ID anytime prior to ten days of the arrival date to that resort's front desk. Otherwise the rate may be converted to the rack rate.

Hoosier Mom: As long as she presents her ID before arrival as mentioned above, you shouldn't encounter any issues since the rate will already be validated.

For the cast member staying-in-room discount, a current & valid cast member ID needs to be presented upon check in.

one of these days Joanna....we're going to stump you with a question you don't know. :) Thank you for your help!! :)

You're welcome.:)

Thanks for the info.

If the CM is staying in the resort, the CM has to present a current ID at check-in.

Another thing with the Cirque tickets, if you're statused to DTD you will get a free pair of tickets. Mine were 3rd row. They give them to you for shows in the begining of november, for nights they have extra tickets. It helps with the apperance of a fuller audience.

When do benefits start? My family wanted to go to the parks on the first day I get down there, but I can't remember if you get your ID the first day, or after the first day of work (i.e. traditions). Let me know!

When do benefits start? My family wanted to go to the parks on the first day I get down there, but I can't remember if you get your ID the first day, or after the first day of work (i.e. traditions). Let me know!

Most of your benefits are valid and available for use after you've completed Traditions (day three or day four for most participants). On your second day, you may receive your blue main-gate, which essentially is your park entry pass for your guests, but you shouldn't really use it until you have cast ID.

Most of your benefits are valid and available for use after you've completed Traditions (day three or day four for most participants). On your second day, you may receive your blue main-gate, which essentially is your park entry pass for your guests, but you shouldn't really use it until you have cast ID.

I just tried to send you an IM asking you this question before I posted! But you weren't on - shame! Thanks for the help, Chris!

You get your work ID after Traditions, which is on Day 3.

do we get a discount on disneyland resorts or disneyland tickets?

Yes, although I do not have specifics offhand.

Your blue-maingate is valid at the Disneyland Resort in California. Keep in mind that the six admission limit (which is a total between WDW/DLR/Paris) still applies, and your cast ID will not admit you to any non-FL parks.

Hey everyone..
I got accepted for Fall '08 in Attractions!! I can't wait to get there! :) I have a question about resort discounts for family.

I know during off peak times you get a 50% discount if you stay in the room and 40% discount if you do not. What about during peak times (specifically right around Christmas)?? Is the discount not available at all or is it just less?

My parents are teachers so they get 2 weeks off from school during Christmas (somethin like Dec. 17th-Jan. 2nd) and were thinkin about comin to Florida at that time. Thanks for your help in advance!

Hey everyone..
I got accepted for Fall '08 in Attractions!! I can't wait to get there! :) I have a question about resort discounts for family.

I know during off peak times you get a 50% discount if you stay in the room and 40% discount if you do not. What about during peak times (specifically right around Christmas)?? Is the discount not available at all or is it just less?

My parents are teachers so they get 2 weeks off from school during Christmas (somethin like Dec. 17th-Jan. 2nd) and were thinkin about comin to Florida at that time. Thanks for your help in advance!

Yes and no... if there is enough room availability when you book, Cast Member room discounts may be available for that period (there are no blackouts for room discounts, they're based on rolling availability). I have just checked several resorts (including deluxe, moderate and value), and all those I've checked have full cast member discount currently available for the week of Christmas.

That's not to say that it will stay that way (it pays to book as soon as you can, which means as soon you complete Traditions), but the availability is there now.

Yes and no... if there is enough room availability when you book, Cast Member room discounts may be available for that period (there are no blackouts for room discounts, they're based on rolling availability). I have just checked several resorts (including deluxe, moderate and value), and all those I've checked have full cast member discount currently available for the week of Christmas.

That's not to say that it will stay that way (it pays to book as soon as you can, which means as soon you complete Traditions), but the availability is there now.

Ahh I see.. I'm guessing you have to check through the Hub or something (not just on the disney world website) to be able to see which resorts have rooms open to the cast member discount for certain days??

Thanks Chris.. you rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter