BeeperMD - Free PCR Test

Why passports? I’d be comfortable with just about any other form of ID but not my passport. Ultimately I don’t know who these people are and I don’t trust them with literally the most important piece of ID I have.

If a passport is lost or comprised it’s a huge hassle when you travel. Several of our passports were lost when we were in the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting in 2016, and some people in our group still have extra checks they have to do at the border.

I think I’ll stick with Walgreens if they don’t accept other forms of ID. I totally understand that is just personal preference. I probably wouldn’t have cared before that experience.

Why passports? I’d be comfortable with just about any other form of ID but not my passport. Ultimately I don’t know who these people are and I don’t trust them with literally the most important piece of ID I have.

If a passport is lost or comprised it’s a huge hassle when you travel. Several of our passports were lost when we were in the Fort Lauderdale airport shooting in 2016, and some people in our group still have extra checks they have to do at the border.

I think I’ll stick with Walgreens if they don’t accept other forms of ID. I totally understand that is just personal preference. I probably wouldn’t have cared before that experience.

I could have used drivers license, but I also needed one for my son and he's only 11 :)

I was able to just use my drivers licence when I used them last month. It was no problem

We are driving back to Ottawa from Pop Century on Jan 7, 2022. And plan to be back in Canada by Jan 9. We were thinking of getting tested on the day of departure (Jan 7) or should we get our PCR test earlier? This is so stressful 😫

We are driving back to Ottawa from Pop Century on Jan 7, 2022. And plan to be back in Canada by Jan 9. We were thinking of getting tested on the day of departure (Jan 7) or should we get our PCR test earlier? This is so stressful 😫
We are driving and are planning to test Dec 23, leaving Dec 24 (early AM) and crossing the border Dec 25 PM. Testing early just in case something happens & one of us needs to retest.

We are driving and are planning to test Dec 23, leaving Dec 24 (early AM) and crossing the border Dec 25 PM. Testing early just in case something happens & one of us needs to retest.

I'm curious, why would you need to retest? If you're driving then you can cross the border whether your test is positive or negative - wouldn't it be easier to get back to Canada as quickly as possible with a positive test, then figure it out from home?

I'm curious, why would you need to retest? If you're driving then you can cross the border whether your test is positive or negative - wouldn't it be easier to get back to Canada as quickly as possible with a positive test, then figure it out from home?
There have been tests that have come back as inconclusive, so not necessarily negative. There was an American family on a DCL FB group I'm in. They were tested (for their cruise), then flew to Florida only to discover right before boarding that one of the kids' tests came back inconclusive (now, the testing site is supposed to immediately notify you if this is the case, but 🤷‍♀️). They were denied boarding and missed their cruise.

Last edited:
We had terrible experience with them. See my new thread about it!

There have been tests that have come back as inconclusive, so not necessarily negative. There was an American family on a DCL FB group I'm in. They were tested (for their cruise), then flew to Florida only to discover right before boarding that one of the kids' tests came back inconclusive (now, the testing site is supposed to immediately notify you if this is the case, but 🤷‍♀️). They were denied boarding and missed their cruise.

Apologies if I'm being dense - what happens if you test inconclusive? We are driving across the border and flying from Cleveland to MCO. If we get a positive test, or even an inconclusive test, we (technically) could fly back to Cleveland and drive back home. In reality, with a positive test, we would skip the flight, rent a car and still make it back. If we had an inconclusive test I could see retesting to confirm positivity to know whether we should be flying or not. But if we were driving all the way home from MCO, I still don't see where it's necessary?

Apologies if I'm being dense - what happens if you test inconclusive? We are driving across the border and flying from Cleveland to MCO. If we get a positive test, or even an inconclusive test, we (technically) could fly back to Cleveland and drive back home. In reality, with a positive test, we would skip the flight, rent a car and still make it back. If we had an inconclusive test I could see retesting to confirm positivity to know whether we should be flying or not. But if we were driving all the way home from MCO, I still don't see where it's necessary?

If your test was inconclusive you would need to take another test. I wouldn’t stress about it too much though. There are places that offer rapid PCR tests (get your results in an hour). It costs $$$$ though.

Some people prefer to plan for all contingencies. Personally we’re driving so it will give us time to arrange another test if the results get lost or are inconclusive. If you get a Walgreens test and it comes back inconclusive you might be able to arrange another if you give yourself enough time before your flight. Everyone will do what they’re comfortable with 🤷🏼‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter