Been meaning to post this for awile re. POTC

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
Alright: for the past several months I've noticed something on POTC that I've meant to post about. After the second drop as you begin to round the corner where the first skeleton is (with the seagull on his hat), you'll notice on your right the various shapes of rock that hang down from the ceiling. I've thought for several months now that the one closest and perpendicular to the boat slightly resembles the famous heads on Easter Island (see pic below). The next time anyone rides POTC, please take a look and let me know if you agree. I'm about 95% certain that this wasn't intentional but still... I wouldn't mind a second or third opinion.

Incidentally, I've tried to snap of pic of the rock(s) in question but I can never get it to come out well.

Rob

EI head.jpg

Interesting, I have not noticed that though I am usually focused on taking pics of the skeletons. I will be back down at the end of the month and will try to snap a few of the rocks.

So hanging down ..so you think it looks like an upside down mo'ai?

Yes, a little. It kind of looks like it's hanging from the ceiling. Again, though: I don't think it was intentional. I mention it merely as an interesting coincidence.

Last edited:
Yes. a little. It kind of looks like it's hanging from the ceiling. Again, though: I don't think it was intentional. I mention it merely as an interesting coincidence.

I've seen things that sometimes remind me of something else from a certain angle, but once you see it you can't unsee it, so then you always "see" it after that. I'll keep an eye out for this next time i'm there.

You never know with Walt Disney though. I did a tour of various places in Germany including Neuschwanstein castle and saw SO many things that reminded me of Disneyland I thought to myself that Walt must have done this same tour i was on. So maybe he visited Easter Islands and threw that in as an "easter egg"( no pun intended) along with the obvious one in small world.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Easter Island heads, but I feel like it was chicken overload when we were there. Have they added more? I feel like once past the auction scene, there are chickens everywhere.

I just went on it and I "see" and like your logic. I don't think it was intentional though. The accordion playing pirate is back but the middle pirate is now on vacation.

Last edited:
It sounds familiar to me. I must have seen it and thought the same thing. Next time I go, I'll look for it intentionally. I just hate it when I look for something and see it and then I can't take my eyes off of it ever again, lol. The "donut" which I never saw until someone posted a picture of it being a flask - I see that flask first thing in that scene every time - even when I try really hard to not look at it.

There are Easter Island heads in Finding Nemo and IASW... are there other places where they show up?

I did find I had some wide angle shots of that area. They are overexposed on purpose to show the rocks a bit better-so they are a bit grainy.

8419_zpspxelqvyr.jpg

8092_zpsxvlmxwbh.jpg

Or did you mean right after the skeleton with the sea gull (third skeleton)?

I did find I had some wide angle shots of that area. They are overexposed on purpose to show the rocks a bit better-so they are a bit grainy.

Or did you mean right after the skeleton with the sea gull (third skeleton)?

This is exactly what/where I'm talking about. Thanks for posting. However, it's more evident a little farther back. That is, taken a few seconds before this one.

I've circled the rock formation I'm talking about.

DL Easter Island head.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter