Bed Bugs Bw Park Place

We just stayed at BWPPI weekend of Oct 9. Spent 3 nights and had no problems. I'm not sure that changing hotels will prevent you from running into these fellows. Seems to be the entire area. I've seen reports of them from many hotels there.

Phew! Glad I'm staying at the Candy Cane Inn. I hope they don't have bed bugs. Sorry you got bitten. What's the old saying, "Don't let the bed bugs bite!"

Has anyone called the BWPPI and asked them if they are aware of so many reports of bed bugs? I am going there in a few weeks and thinking I should call.

That is exactly what I would do if I had another trip planned. I would call them and tell them there is a report of bed bugs in at least two of their rooms on the dates the OP gave and ask them what they have done to get rid of them. Recent treatment of their rooms might actually make it less likely to find them there than at other hotels in the area. The article posted here says that cleanliness has nothing to do with infestation, nor does the price of the room. They have recently been found in luxury hotels also.

The 3 hotels that people are claiming to have been bitten with bedbugs are Candy Cane Inn, BW Park Place Inn and Grand Californian! I agree with the above, check your room before you bring your luggage in.

Wow. I am so sorry for that terrible experience! What is involved once you get home? They say the clothing.....and suitcase? gosh. you just want to leave everything there! Again, I am just so sorry for you!

There was a report on another board of bed bugs at the Howard Johnson. No hotel is immune so switching doesn't necessarily mean you won't have them. As many others have said, check your room thoroughly when you arrive.

I have stayed all over the Anaheim area and in the Disneyland Resort Hotels. I never have looked for bed bugs. I always will from now on. I can't believe I didn't know about this before! I am staying at the Best Western in October and frankly am a bit worried. I also am staying at the Best Western by the Port, and will be checking that one out for sure also!

I haven't found any other reports about bedbugs for the Candy Cane Inn, the Best Western Park Place Inn, or the Grand Califonian. I looked on tripadvisor.com and Expedia.com, and there's no mention of bedbugs in any trip reports. So if it makes you feel better check your room when you check in, but beyond that don't worry about it. Go and have fun! :thumbsup2

Hermosa11 said:
Wow. I am so sorry for that terrible experience! What is involved once you get home? They say the clothing.....and suitcase? gosh. you just want to leave everything there! Again, I am just so sorry for you!

Yep they come home with you in your luggage and clothing. Once they get in your home it is very costly and difficult to get rid of. Most people are not aware of how bad they are to get rid of. I think people view them like roaches or spiders, where a can of raid will do the trick. Even bombing the place does not work! Most people have to throw out the beds, bedding, pillows, and most likely their clothes and carpets. Even furniture, like couches! I've seen pictures online where they infested a couch and other furniture. Just gross. I've seen a show where they had to knock a wall down to get rid of them because they were living in the wall, and spraying was not doing the trick. Very expensive, I know we could not afford to replace all that while paying for someone to come out and kill those bugs a few times over! This is a why a few minute check before getting settled is worth it. Yeah it's a hassle and not exactly fun when your starting a vacation, but then again I don't have fun on a trip if I wake up finding my body full of bites anyway!

Sadly not everyone knows they had bugs in their rooms, because not everyone reacts to the bite the same. Some people don't get itchy bumps or welts. That's why you see stories about only some family members with bites while others didn't get any. What's bad about that, they probably still are bringing them home, only they don't know it!

I know they can no longer use the poison that wiped them out in this country ages ago, because it's a cancer causing agent. But I sure wish they'd find something that WORKED. Because I think it's going to be a huge problem at all hotels and then our homes! Checking is all we can really do, I refuse to not travel because of the problem. After I check out my room we relax about it and enjoy our vacation. I'd advise anyone else to do the same! Don't worry about it once you've checked.

The other thing that has really increased their numbers is the practice of taking away an old matress when a store delivers a new one. A lot of time they don't seal them up or anything so if any of the old matresses have bed bugs they will come out when it gets dark in the truck and infest the new ones. So not only should you be checking hotel rooms, but you should be asking a store's policy on wrapping old matresses they may pick up before you buy any furniture from them. It's not totally a pesticide issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter