Bean Counters and shortsightedness

Oh, I meant a little better than Alien Swirling Saucers, though that kind of ride has it's place too. I'm thinking something more like Body Wars was - a reiteration of Star Tours, popular enough, but not one of those things that's going to need a Virtual Queue to avoid lines that are literally 12 miles long.
Why you gotta bring up the pavilion that’s been basically abandoned since 2007 Brian!!!

Not saying it needs to be exactly these rides but IMO the parks need long, high capacity people eater rides like Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride. Rides like Smuggler's Run and Rise don't really help with crowds because their capacity is so low.

I just think you are an experienced park goer though, and many people do not have that level of knowledge. For a newbie family they have a few rides on their must do list, and then they are trying to fit in the rest. Lower wait times on something will be appealing in this scenario, even if it's not a great ride.
also true, but when they get off the ride what will they be saying, worth the wait, or it wasn't worth it. The more of the latter you get, the less appeal the parks have.

The Norway ride thingy (Maelstrom) used to be nice people eater in Epcot. Now with the Frozen theme it is super popular and likely on many peoples must do list.

i mean...ok. but lines pull people out of open spaces in the parks, therefore helps with crowd controls.

disney has even talked about that in the past.
yes to an extent you are correct. How did that work for SWL or TSL or to a lesser extent Avatar. The parks seem more crowded because those rides can't swallow as many people as are flocking to the parks to see them

The Norway ride thingy (Maelstrom) used to be nice people eater in Epcot. Now with the Frozen theme it is super popular and likely on many peoples must do list.
That was always a walk on and IMO it was better that Frozen. Don't really care if that's clouded by nostalgia.

Frozen is another one that has low-ish capacity. It has a slow load/unload and the boats aren't as big as the ones on Pirates or Small World. I rode it on sunday with my party of 4 and we had to be split into 2 different rows to fit.

yes to an extent you are correct. How did that work for SWL or TSL or to a lesser extent Avatar. The parks seem more crowded because those rides can't swallow as many people as are flocking to the parks to see them
they need more shows and attractions to eat some of that crowd up. for every "E ticket", that brings in loads of people, a few shows and lower level attractions will help.

when they built GE, they added two E tickets, no shows and no lower level attraction.

Pandora they added in an E ticket and one smaller ride. While i'll wait 30 minutes for living with the land, i wont wait 30 minutes for this one.

Same with Toy Story land, one E ticket, and one smaller attraction.

Not saying it needs to be exactly these rides but IMO the parks need long, high capacity people eater rides like Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride. Rides like Smuggler's Run and Rise don't really help with crowds because their capacity is so low.

Right, and basically all this stuff that appeals to, ahem, nerds, is always going to draw a crowd. We need some great, fun stuff that is appealing but not part of that FOMO ferver.

This is where Voyage of the Little Mermaid is somewhat missed. Just another show building to draw away from other things. IMO that whole courtyard should be redone.

me personally, yes! Ask most people in my family and you'll get a resounding no
I would also wait 30 minutes for that ride but I would suspect most people would not.

I agree with you that there needs to be a better balance of top tier rides and bottom tier rides when thinking about additions. The Mary Poppins ride would have been a nice addition even if it would have been as simple as what leaked out with it being tea cups. It is an attraction that would help eat some crowds.

Shows would also help especially in the summer with A/C.

This is where Voyage of the Little Mermaid is somewhat missed. Just another show building to draw away from other things. IMO that whole courtyard should be redone.
If there was more space, I would love to see a new land but I don't think it would be practical to do. I loved the mermaid show but other than that, It truly feels like wasted space.

they need more shows and attractions to eat some of that crowd up. for every "E ticket", that brings in loads of people, a few shows and lower level attractions will help.

when they built GE, they added two E tickets, no shows and no lower level attraction.

Pandora they added in an E ticket and one smaller ride. While i'll wait 30 minutes for living with the land, i wont wait 30 minutes for this one.

Same with Toy Story land, one E ticket, and one smaller attraction.

But Toy Story Land also consumed TSMM, which is a mid-tier ride and exactly the kind of thing that I am talking about. The lands all need at least three rides - I still can't believe SWGE only has two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter