Beach Club Villas Refurb 2022

I'm hoping they remember to put back the clothes lines to dry swimsuits in the shower again. That was a weird thing they left out when they did the previous refurb. (I'm sure the mounted shampoo is coming, too, which is fine by me but I know others don't care for it.)

I'm hoping they remember to put back the clothes lines to dry swimsuits in the shower again. That was a weird thing they left out when they did the previous refurb. (I'm sure the mounted shampoo is coming, too, which is fine by me but I know others don't care for it.)
Yes, I love having that line for suits, but hate the wall-mounted soaps! I am not usually over picky about things like this, but the idea of using a pump filled with liquid that who knows how many people touch on my whole body and the contents can be accessed by whoever is in the room before me (especially with all the germs from our on-going situation) is just a no for me! Guess I will have to be bringing my own shampoo and soap from now on lol!

Thanks for sharing! I can’t wait for our next BCV trip. It won’t be until 2024, unfortunately, because we are using all our points for an Aulani trip this year.

I am REALLY hoping they add the Murphy beds like they did a Poly during that soft goods refurb. We stayed there last year and absolutely loved the Murphy bed. It was so much more comfortable than the current sofa beds at BCV.

I am REALLY hoping they add the Murphy beds like they did a Poly during that soft goods refurb. We stayed there last year and absolutely loved the Murphy bed. It was so much more comfortable than the current sofa beds at BCV.
When they announced at the annual meeting a few years ago that the queen Murphy bed/couch combos were coming to RIV, they promised that they'd be rolled out to all the DVC resorts during coming refurbs. Poly and VGF1 got them last year during their (out of turn) refurbs, so I'm pretty certain that BCV and BWV will get them too during their refurbs this year.

Assume with me that the BCV are getting the pull-down queen bed in place of the sleeper sofa (I really think they are based on past comments from DVC), does that make the 1BR any more usable for families of 5? Is there any chance they would add the small twin-ish size extra pull-down under the tv or does that only happen in studios?

Last edited:
There are no Pictures of rooms yet?

i think they started on Jan 7
They are working for about 14 days

I just saw on a different thread that the person saw carpet pulled up and sofas wrapped up - looked like murphy bed style. They didn't post pics because they felt they shouldn't. Of course, now I can't remember which thread it was!

does that make the 1BR any more usable for families of 5? Is there any chance they would add the small twin-ish size extra pull-down under the tv or does that only happen in studios?
During the current refurbishment at Boulder Ridge, they are not adding the pull-down twin beds to the living room of One and Two Bedroom villas. Those rooms are remaining with a max sleeping capacity of 4/8. It COULD be an issue specific to BRV. They did add the twin beds when refurbishing Saratoga Springs. But I wouldn't bet on it for BCV until we know otherwise.

During the current refurbishment at Boulder Ridge, they are not adding the pull-down twin beds to the living room of One and Two Bedroom villas. Those rooms are remaining with a max sleeping capacity of 4/8. It COULD be an issue specific to BRV. They did add the twin beds when refurbishing Saratoga Springs. But I wouldn't bet on it for BCV until we know otherwise.
They can’t add the single Murphy beds to BCV, BRV or BWV 1BR or 2BR living rooms due to the location of the connecting door between living room and studio. However, the sofa beds in the living rooms and studios are being replaced with the queen or double Murphy beds in living rooms and studios respectively.

They can’t add the single Murphy beds to BCV, BRV or BWV 1BR or 2BR living rooms due to the location of the connecting door between living room and studio. However, the sofa beds in the living rooms and studios are being replaced with the queen or double Murphy beds in living rooms and studios respectively.
I know the connecting door is an issue at BWV. But I believe it was moved up to the front of the unit by the time they added BCV.

BCV_T000b.JPG

About 99% sure that's due to the location of the passage door between the 1BR and studio units. The door isn't in the middle of that wall, but it's far enough out to fit a chair between it and the exterior (balcony) wall of the unit, leaving just enough room for a TV cabinet between the door and the kitchen cabinets.

thumbnail.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter