Beach Club Crib Question

Tysdad747

Earning My Ears
Hello, we are staying at the Beach Club Villa's (Deluxe Studio) in March. We will have a 6 year old and a 1 year old with us. We reserved a crib from A Baby's Best Friend, but I just read that Beach Club lends out cribs (based on availability). I called and requested one, and have a few questions.

The crib isn't full size that Beach Club provides. Has anyone used one of these for a one year old and was it big/deep enough? He's about 28" right now at 7 months.

I know availability depends on the number of people requesting these, but have any of you had failures getting one from Beach Club?

Thanks!

popcorn::

Tim

The studio will have a pack and play in the closet.

I felt the same way as you about the Pack n Play, and we could not be guaranteed a regular crib. I was actually told that they were phasing out the full sized cribs, and that if there actually was one on property, that the chances of us getting one would be slim. So to just save us the worry, I just went ahead and booked the one with Baby's Best Friend. We weren't sorry at all! They are a wonderful company and we have used them twice now. Last year, we got the crib and this year we got a toddler bed. Kept our little one safe and secure and feeling like she was more at home....and helped us get better sleep :cloud9: When you consider how much you're spending on this vacation as a whole, don't even worry about another $90 or so if it makes the overall vacation easier.
Brandy

That's what I figure. We'll keep the abbf reservation and go with that. We used them 5 years ago when our older son was a baby and they were great.

Hopefully the deluxe studio will be big enough for a full size crib!

:)

Thanks!

Tim

That's what I figure. We'll keep the abbf reservation and go with that. We used them 5 years ago when our older son was a baby and they were great.

Hopefully the deluxe studio will be big enough for a full size crib!

:)

Thanks!

Tim

As long as you aren't pulling out the sleeper sofa.

We just got back and had a crib while we were at SSR. I requested one also and it was waiting for us when we got into the room. My ds is 6m & 25" and he had enough room, however I really don't think he would be comfortable in one at a year old. If you were going to fit it in a studio you wouldn't have any problems, but a full size in a studio is going to be tight. You are going to have to put it in the area where the sink is. I just don't see where you are going to have room for it anywhere else unless you don't pull out the couch for your oldest.

Good luck! I am really glad that we had a crib for our ds to sleep in!

I just looked at the pictures and it looks like a crib might fit at the end of the bed between the bed and tv. Fingers crossed, but either way I'm sure we'll figure something out.

Tim

I would bring a set of sheets with you as well. We were at BLT a few weeks ago and I had brought a port-a-crib sheet with me b/c that's the size we had in January at SSR. The crib at BLT was actually a full size but housekeeping only had pack n play sheets or regular queen size. So we used the queen. But my DD was not happy with the feel of the fabric so it was a difficult few days.

It is going to be tight. Especially with the sofa out. We have 2 DD 11 months apart. It is a Graco pack n play. You can buy the sheets and bring them if you want. They will be so tired that it won't matter to them. Their bodies are too flexible to feel uncomfortable in them.

I think a full size crib will fit at the end of the pull out sofa. You will need to move around the table and chairs. Luckily, you can put the pull out away during the day.

I was also concerned about a crib but just found out you can request bed rails from housekeeping. My grandson will be close to 2 yrs old for our Jan 2016 trip and def would not fit in a pack a play! We r staying in a SSR Grand Villa so there's 2 queen beds in each spare room so I'm hoping that will solve the problem!

I would request a crib, and ask again when you check in. And then use the bed rails as a backup. The reasoning is that the bed rails are not flush against the bed. There's a small gap about 4-5 inches, there's something against the mattress. Both my kids end up "stuck" in the gap. The rails have stayed put, but they end up sleeping against the netting. Also, you can't cover every inch of the bed. The rails cover from just short of the pillow to a foot before the end of the bed.

You might also use some pool noodles under the bottom sheet all the way around to keep the little ones from rolling out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter