Be Our Guest Lunch FastPass Thread [PLEASE read the FAQs in the first post!]

Sorry if I missed this being answered already...

We arrive September 1st and I can now select that day, but I want the FP for September 3rd and it is not coming up. Do I need to wait a couple more days? I thought once it opened up for my arrival date I would be able to reserve for a later day in our stay. It looks like I have to wait 27 days out from the date I want, not from my arrival date - is that correct?

That is correct.

Sorry if I missed this being answered already...

We arrive September 1st and I can now select that day, but I want the FP for September 3rd and it is not coming up. Do I need to wait a couple more days? I thought once it opened up for my arrival date I would be able to reserve for a later day in our stay. It looks like I have to wait 27 days out from the date I want, not from my arrival date - is that correct?

Here is the info posted on the very first post of this thread

"When can I book?

This seems to be somewhat variable as the testing process is still ongoing, but at present you can book up to 27 days before the planned date of your meal. So for example on August 1st you can book a meal time for August 28th.

The system currently only allows you to make pre-bookings within the first SEVEN days of your hotel stay, and those dates will still only open up one day at a time (there is no "arrival date plus 10" system like there is with ADRs). So if you are arriving on August 28th, then on August 1st you can book for your first day, on August 2nd you can book for your second day, on August 3rd for the third day, etc., up to a maximum of seven days into your stay.

If you want to book for some time later within a longer stay, this only becomes possible after your hotel arrival date. On your arrival day you will be able to book for day eight, on your second day for day nine, etc.

Note: the system will start displaying all seven of your possible booking dates as soon as you have linked your reservation details. However if you try to make any booking before that 27 day window you will be shown a message saying there is "no availability". Do not be concerned about this wording, it does not mean the restaurant is sold out, just that your booking window is not open yet."

That first post is the FAQ and thanks to andrewilley, it is a GREAT one!!!

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

Does no one else see the wrong dates when they log in (about 7 weeks before trip)? I called Disney and they insist it should update myself when I am within the 28-day window, but they also say they can't see the system directly or support it. One nice person I talked to logged in under her own account (with no pending trip) and saw a bunch of random dates as well.

That's fine, I'll be at Pop anyway.. Does it count as one of your available 3 FP+ selections? or is it considered a dining selection?

Neither. It is totally separate from FP+s and ADRs. It does not count as an attraction FP.

I just re read the info on the main page! Couldn't figure out why I couldn't book! I was looking at a date outside of the 27 days! Thanks for all the info provided, I appreciate it :)

So does anyone have any ideas about my kids not showing up? Do you all think I should try to book for my DH and myself anyways and hope to add them when we get there?

I did not see this addressed, but sorry if I missed it:
Can I book more than one FP+? I want to try to book one at exactly 27 days out from our arrival day for that afternoon, but then also want to book a second one for our 4th day. Does the system allow for that if I do it 27 days out from our fourth day also?

I did not see this addressed, but sorry if I missed it:
Can I book more than one FP+? I want to try to book one at exactly 27 days out from our arrival day for that afternoon, but then also want to book a second one for our 4th day. Does the system allow for that if I do it 27 days out from our fourth day also?

Unfortunately, no, the system only allows you to hold one FP+ (per resort reservation) at a time. So, you can't hold two (or more) at a time ahead of your arrival.

Once you visit BOG and use your first FP+ you can use the system again for a second one during your visit, however, the availability will likely be much lower. I couldn't get a second one during my February visit because no more were available. But, others have been successful getting a second one.

So does anyone have any ideas about my kids not showing up? Do you all think I should try to book for my DH and myself anyways and hope to add them when we get there?

Unfortunately I think this is going to be one of those random things that happens in tests. The real problem is that there seems to be no one at Disney providing support or accepting any feedback, so these things keep on happening to guests.

If your kids are on the same room booking as you I'd suggest trying a different email address and re-linking your reservation first, and if that doesn't work just book for whoever you can and then turn up with the kids in tow. It's their system glitch - what are they going to do, ask you to leave the kids outside while you eat?

Andre

I tried this today, and it worked great :cool1:

However, my mom who is going during the same time could not get it to work. When she logs in it gives her just the next 7 days, she can't get to the days she will actually be at Disney per her reservation (MK day is Sept 1). It also shows a party of 2 when her party is 5.

The only thing I can think of as to why it doesn't work for her is that she had planned a trip for earlier this spring for a party of 2 that she ended up canceling. Perhaps she checked for a reservation back then (with the canceled trips 10 digit number) so the system is not "seeing" her current 10 digit number with the trip she is now taking with a party of 5. Is there any way to verify what 10 digit number the system is using?

Of course the Disney IT people cannot assist her, I was wondering if anyone on the DIS has any advise for her? She is distressed because she really was looking forward to this, and I feel bad I got it for my party with no problems.

I tried this today, and it worked great :cool1:

However, my mom who is going during the same time could not get it to work. When she logs in it gives her just the next 7 days, she can't get to the days she will actually be at Disney per her reservation (MK day is Sept 1). It also shows a party of 2 when her party is 5.

The only thing I can think of as to why it doesn't work for her is that she had planned a trip for earlier this spring for a party of 2 that she ended up canceling. Perhaps she checked for a reservation back then (with the canceled trips 10 digit number) so the system is not "seeing" her current 10 digit number with the trip she is now taking with a party of 5. Is there any way to verify what 10 digit number the system is using?

Of course the Disney IT people cannot assist her, I was wondering if anyone on the DIS has any advise for her? She is distressed because she really was looking forward to this, and I feel bad I got it for my party with no problems.

Your theory about a previous attempt is a likely answer to what is happening.

I have not seen anyone report how to verify what resort reservation number is being used with your BOG login. (And it's 12 digits, not 10.)

Creating a new Disney login (username) may work as a way to sign in to BOG and associate with the current resort reservation number.

I have not seen anyone report how to verify what resort reservation number is being used with your BOG login. (And it's 12 digits, not 10.)

Creating a new Disney login (username) may work as a way to sign in to BOG and associate with the current resort reservation number.

Thanks so much for the info, and sorry about the number of digits I'm a little out of it today (recovering from an illness). I appreciate you sharing an idea to try, we will try it out.

I had to invite everyone in my travel party to my Disney experience before they showed up. I had to send them an invite via my email address and then accept them. It was kind of crazy but it worked:)

Here is the info posted on the very first post of this thread

"When can I book?

This seems to be somewhat variable as the testing process is still ongoing, but at present you can book up to 27 days before the planned date of your meal. So for example on August 1st you can book a meal time for August 28th.

The system currently only allows you to make pre-bookings within the first SEVEN days of your hotel stay, and those dates will still only open up one day at a time (there is no "arrival date plus 10" system like there is with ADRs). So if you are arriving on August 28th, then on August 1st you can book for your first day, on August 2nd you can book for your second day, on August 3rd for the third day, etc., up to a maximum of seven days into your stay.

If you want to book for some time later within a longer stay, this only becomes possible after your hotel arrival date. On your arrival day you will be able to book for day eight, on your second day for day nine, etc.

Note: the system will start displaying all seven of your possible booking dates as soon as you have linked your reservation details. However if you try to make any booking before that 27 day window you will be shown a message saying there is "no availability". Do not be concerned about this wording, it does not mean the restaurant is sold out, just that your booking window is not open yet."

That first post is the FAQ and thanks to andrewilley, it is a GREAT one!!!

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

Thanks!

Can you post if that works by creating a new account? I did create an account under my mom's name and put in the latest reservation number and NOTHING. Error message again.

Just wanted to update: it worked :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: Thank you so much jcarwash for making my mom's day!

Unfortunately I think this is going to be one of those random things that happens in tests. The real problem is that there seems to be no one at Disney providing support or accepting any feedback, so these things keep on happening to guests.

If your kids are on the same room booking as you I'd suggest trying a different email address and re-linking your reservation first, and if that doesn't work just book for whoever you can and then turn up with the kids in tow. It's their system glitch - what are they going to do, ask you to leave the kids outside while you eat?

Andre

Thank you! That's a good point about the kids. It's Disney, they're not going to make them watch us eat, right? I guess worse case scenario, my Dh orders ours and I go get the kids something at the Village House. So I went ahead and booked it for just the two of us and I will try to report back our experience.

Just wanted to update: it worked Thank you so much jcarwash for making my mom's day!

That's great! Yes, it's a quirk of the system that some previous users are tied to an old or past reservation. I can still log in and see times for the next week based off my February visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter