Be Our Guest Breakfast - How Was It?

I had BOG breakfast this morning. Our reservation was for 8:05. It was rainy and we were running late. Here's how it went..

The check-in at the front of MK was on the left side today, not the right as I had read mentioned in other posts.
We were let into the park (the part I was looking forward to the most!) and got to walk down Main street in the rain with very few other people. :-) We walked thru the castle and at the carousel there were some cast members that directed us toward BOG.

I had my 10 and 12 yr old children with me. I'm not much of a breakfast person so we ordered one child's menu item (French Toast) and one adult entree (Egg & bacon sandwich). We shared these - I know a lot of people have been asking about sharing.

Both of my kids REALLY wanted to try the cronut too, but the youngest is a type 1 diabetic and I thought pastries and french toast were enough sweets for one morning!

The sandwich was delicious!! My daughter said it was her favorite too, my son prefered the pastries, especially the chocolate chip one. This was plenty of food for the 3 of us.

Because we were about 15 minutes late getting to the restuarant it was 8:59am when we stepped outside. We checked the line at 7DMT and it was already 45 minutes long!

So we headed farther into the park. We walked right in to have a photo with Ariel. Walked right onto Dumbo and had a train to ourselves on Barnstormer before that area had many guests at all.

What did you do about drinks? Did you share two bottles/cups of something or did you order three drinks? Thanks for the info.

What did you do about drinks? Did you share two bottles/cups of something or did you order three drinks? Thanks for the info.

I had a few sips of my daughter's fountain drink. I'm not sure if you can buy a seperate drink.

I wonder what the chances are of breakfast being available For our trip in December. I just want to see the interior of BOG. I'm willing to take any ADR that is available for any meal just to get inside. *fingers crossed*

I had BOG breakfast this morning. Our reservation was for 8:05. It was rainy and we were running late. Here's how it went..

The check-in at the front of MK was on the left side today, not the right as I had read mentioned in other posts.
We were let into the park (the part I was looking forward to the most!) and got to walk down Main street in the rain with very few other people. :-) We walked thru the castle and at the carousel there were some cast members that directed us toward BOG.

I had my 10 and 12 yr old children with me. I'm not much of a breakfast person so we ordered one child's menu item (French Toast) and one adult entree (Egg & bacon sandwich). We shared these - I know a lot of people have been asking about sharing.

Both of my kids REALLY wanted to try the cronut too, but the youngest is a type 1 diabetic and I thought pastries and french toast were enough sweets for one morning!

The sandwich was delicious!! My daughter said it was her favorite too, my son prefered the pastries, especially the chocolate chip one. This was plenty of food for the 3 of us.

Because we were about 15 minutes late getting to the restuarant it was 8:59am when we stepped outside. We checked the line at 7DMT and it was already 45 minutes long!

So we headed farther into the park. We walked right in to have a photo with Ariel. Walked right onto Dumbo and had a train to ourselves on Barnstormer before that area had many guests at all.

Thank you so much scrapjacks! Your post answers so many of the questions I had! Glad you enjoyed the breakfast!!

I was able to great a reservation for 8:25am on a day when the park opens at 9:00am. How long should I plan for this breakfast? Also, will we have difficulty finding a table to be seated at with that arrival time?

I had my 10 and 12 yr old children with me. I'm not much of a breakfast person so we ordered one child's menu item (French Toast) and one adult entree (Egg & bacon sandwich). We shared these - I know a lot of people have been asking about sharing..

Thank you soooooo much for your report!!

So it sounds like they didn't mind that there were 3 of you there and only 2 breakfast items ordered :) Also had the rope already dropped when you came out at 8:59 as I see the park was suppose to open at 9am? I have a pre-park adr in April and hoping to be done before park opens and a chance to hit 7DMT first thing :)

I would be very interested is hearing about substitution options for some of the meals. For example, can you request scrambled eggs instead of poached on the open faced sandwich, or request no sour cream or chives on the eggs florentine? Several items are starred on the menu indicating that they are "cooked to guest pereference", so I am hoping that some additional options are available.

I would be very interested is hearing about substitution options for some of the meals. For example, can you request scrambled eggs instead of poached on the open faced sandwich, or request no sour cream or chives on the eggs florentine? Several items are starred on the menu indicating that they are "cooked to guest pereference", so I am hoping that some additional options are available.

The "cooked to guest preference" line often just means "don't sue us if you get sick from having a poached egg with a runny yolk, if you didn't want it runny you should have told us"!

How easy is it to make substitutions at the ordering kiosks at lunchtime? My guess as well would be simple things like no chives is OK but switching poached eggs for scrambled might be harder.

BOG menu.jpg

Ok as promised I went this morning and am reporting back. To recap my husband is gluten free so most of my information is geared toward the gluten free diner. There were four of us. My reservation was for 9:20 and it was probably close to that when we got back to the Castle. We checked in and went right in.
First off, for those that asked about being adequate seating...there is plenty of seating and it was by no means anywhere near full. We sat in the Library and maybe three other tables were filled in there.

Ok we totally managed our own experience at the ordering experience so there is no way they are going to care if you order one meal person or one per every two. We managed our total gluten free ordering as well.

I forgot to take a picture of all the allergens you can click off but included in the list were dairy, soy, wheat, corn, peanuts, tree nuts and probably a few more. When we clicked on wheat a disclaimer came up and then we got this screen with the gf options
BOG menu.jpg

Sorry about the duplcate photo...learning this new computer at the condo.

Ok at the table we sat down and got our drinks and a server was there almost immediately with the gluten free meal and the gluten free pastries.

BOG.jpg

We asked about the gf breads and was told as of now the chef is experimenting with breads/pastires that eliminate as many of the allergens as possible and the three that were available today were cinnamon, lemon and chocolate.

For those asking about the size of the pastry basket (which is really an oblong plate). We had about 6 on ours. The table next to us had more people and had two of the plates on there table. They definitely bring out a good number for the people seated.

As for drinks. You can add as many as you wanted to your meal no extra charge. For example under my daughter's order she added milk and Perrier and received both.

Ok let me know if there are any other questions.

Liz

Traveliz-

Being WDW vet and GF I am sure you have eaten other GF meals at Disney. How would you rate this one? My daughter is GF and we are always looking for new places to try. Currently her favorite breakfast is at Kona, she loves their pancakes. How were the breads, and is that all they offered you for a GF option for the pastries? Thanks for the update.

I just tried to book ADR's through the app and it will not let me. It is telling me that they do noT open until 10:30. Is this because they are full, or can you no longer make ADR's for BOG breakfast? By the way, the ADR's are for May21-26, which ever day I could get.

Traveliz-

Being WDW vet and GF I am sure you have eaten other GF meals at Disney. How would you rate this one? My daughter is GF and we are always looking for new places to try. Currently her favorite breakfast is at Kona, she loves their pancakes. How were the breads, and is that all they offered you for a GF option for the pastries? Thanks for the update.

It's actually my husband that is gluten free and he enjoyed his meal. I would say he would prefer a buffet over this just because there are more options at breakfast but he/we are glad we did this once. He ate all of the breads and liked them as well. The server made it sound like the chef is still experimenting with the gf "pastry" options and it may vary.

Liz

Thank you soooooo much for your report!!

So it sounds like they didn't mind that there were 3 of you there and only 2 breakfast items ordered :) Also had the rope already dropped when you came out at 8:59 as I see the park was suppose to open at 9am? I have a pre-park adr in April and hoping to be done before park opens and a chance to hit 7DMT first thing :)

And also that they don't mind if three "adults" order kids meals.

Are those waffles? I didn't see waffles on the menu online.

Yes those are waffles however that is on the gluten free menu. I think the gluten free menu semi mirrors the regular menu and the waffles/french toast option are the gf answer to the cronuts that cannot be made gf.

Liz

I am thinking that many people must think the breakfast looks good as I can't get an ADR for 4/30...nothing available for breakfast at all. However, we already have a lunch ADR for another day so that will have to be sufficient, but I will keep trying.

Has anyone been able to confirm where the CMs make you go after you eat assuming the park hasn't opened yet? I booked an 8am and was hoping to wander/head to a ride after. Sounds like that may not be possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter