Be Kind Out There and Hello Fellow Disboard Members

I like this idea! Wasn't around when this first happened, but would do it now. Wish I had the time to do it, but maybe someone could get these made up for purchase with a percentage of the purchase price as a donation going to Give Kids the World.

Dear OP: God bless those beautiful boys!! I will be wearing my lime green Mickey pin on my hat for ten days starting Oct. 24th. PLEASE say Hi if we cross paths.
Thank you! Will definitely say hi if spot you sometime. Have a wonderful trip in October!

I like this idea! Wasn't around when this first happened, but would do it now. Wish I had the time to do it, but maybe someone could get these made up for purchase with a percentage of the purchase price as a donation going to Give Kids the World.
Id buy some, surely there’s a Pinterest/etsy person around here…?

Disney World is expensive and it requires a lot of planning. Kids are involved for many of us. It’s become a high-stakes game where tensions are often high. The heat doesn’t help either.

So here’s a thought, mainly because I have found some of the kindest, most supportive people on Disboards. And almost all of us are Disney fanatics.

What if there was a membership (nominal, not fee-based) for us who participate on the Disboards? Something to help us recognize each other when we visit parks or resorts.

I guess I imagine it mainly providing friendly hellos and maybe a reminder to be empathetic when seeing a stressed out parent or child. Just one more reminder to provide a kind word to someone in need of one.

Ultimately, I would hope a lanyard or button wouldn’t be necessary to do this, but we humans sometimes need visual reminders.

It’s just a thought since I’m often the parent in need of a kind word.

So if you are there now or will be soon, be kind and patient with others.

And one last thing, we visit WDW two weeks from tomorrow. I have three boys (8, 5, 3) and we’re staying at the Poly (Moorea) and AKV-Kidani. Feel free to say hello if you see us. Here’s a pic of my three caballeros.
Disney World is expensive and it requires a lot of planning. Kids are involved for many of us. It’s become a high-stakes game where tensions are often high. The heat doesn’t help either.

So here’s a thought, mainly because I have found some of the kindest, most supportive people on Disboards. And almost all of us are Disney fanatics.

What if there was a membership (nominal, not fee-based) for us who participate on the Disboards? Something to help us recognize each other when we visit parks or resorts.

I guess I imagine it mainly providing friendly hellos and maybe a reminder to be empathetic when seeing a stressed out parent or child. Just one more reminder to provide a kind word to someone in need of one.

Ultimately, I would hope a lanyard or button wouldn’t be necessary to do this, but we humans sometimes need visual reminders.

It’s just a thought since I’m often the parent in need of a kind word.

So if you are there now or will be soon, be kind and patient with others.

And one last thing, we visit WDW two weeks from tomorrow. I have three boys (8, 5, 3) and we’re staying at the Poly (Moorea) and AKV-Kidani. Feel free to say hello if you see us. Here’s a pic of my three caballeros.
Our oldest daughter went through the Disney College Program 3 times. They have a Facebook page where they sell T-Shirts that have a similar message that you are expressing. I have one that says, "Proud Parent! My Daughter Makes the Magic!" They have another one that says, "Be Nice to Cast Members, one could be Mine!" We could something like that.

DISers Unite! I met some of my Disboard heros because of my lime green Mickey heads! I made mine into tags on my backpack and while I haven’t sported any in a while, I still have them and will be wearing them during our trip at the end of August! See y’all real soon!

I’m going to do the same with the green ribbon. And I’m sure I will be jealous come the 24th and I’m sitting at home (but it will be a good kind of jealous, one with me hoping you have a wonderful WDW vacation). Thanks for sharing your story. There’s a lot of kindness in the world, especially small acts, that get overlooked and forgotten. I’m happy you didn’t forget that one. Saints aren’t made in a day. Have a wonderful vacation!!!
I hope your vacation is magical and full of kindness. We will be there 8/12-8/20.

I'm in! Your boys are adorable btw and we will miss you by one week.
Sounds like we might be visiting at the same (or close) times. Have a magical trip!

Just a few weeks ago, I pulled out a fanny pack that hadn't been used since 2015 (last trip) and there was one of my LGMHs. On our first trip (2007), after I put a LGMH on our door, we came back to waters, drinks, and snacks left for us by a fellow DISser that was departing. After that, my husband made sure I had the LGMH every time we left the room so I could "attract" other DISsers. I have to say that never once did I spot a LGMH in any of the parks much to my disappointment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter