BCV Report and MNSS Halloween Party

Jay C

Earning My Ears
16 of us just returned from our trip (9/25-10-1) and I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have. First a huge thank you to all of you here that provided us with so much information. It was increduibly useful to us. I'm going to try and provide only the info I haven't found in previous posts.

First, the last week of September was a great time to visit. The parks were empty, never used a fastpass, walked on most rides, and never waited more than 7 minutes (Dumbo).

BCV was great. Check in for the first time ever was done in less than 30 minutes for all of us. We stayed in 2 2-BRs and had requested they be NS and next to each other. We got both.

Because there were 16 of us, we had a magical gathering number. While we didn't do any MG activities, we were told that the MG parties are first on the list in assigning rooms. That was told to us by the MG person that called us a week out to confirm our ressies.

While planning for our trip, we decided we wanted a family photo and we hired a photographer to meet us. I'm not sure if the boards allow me to give out his name or not but he couldn't have been better. Very accomodating, reasonably priced, and the pictures are terrific. I have his info and can give more details to anyone interested.

We also used wegoshop.com for delivering groceries and they were also great. Will use them again in a second.

This was our first time attending the Halloween party and we were pleasantly surprised.

We arrived at 6pm for the party and were let right in. Free stroller rentals. The cast members gave us a wristband and trick-or-treat bag and directed us down the left side of Main street and then left toward Adventureland. Right side of Main Street was for the people exiting the park.

Parades were at 8 & 10pm, fireworks at 9:15.

Overall we were very impressed and thought the party was a good value. There were a ton of cast members handing out candy. Characters for pictures and autographs were all over. 5-6 villains were in front of the castle for autgraphs/photos after the fireworks.

We never waited more than 7 minutes for any ride we wanted to go on. Most we walked on. The park was like this all week however so can't be sure if it was due to the attendance allowance for the party or the time of year.

The parade was neat but not all that unlike the regular parade. A couple of additons that were fun.

The firworks were awesome. Great music, great narration, great display. About 15 minutes long and the best we've seen there. Again, our first time at the Halloween Party so we can't compare it to previous versions.

A couple of nitpicks but it is truly nitpicking. 99% of BCV and the staff was first rate.

Had to call housekeeping 3 times to ask for the same thing.

Last nitpick is just a personal preference and that is about SAB. Our 4 year old and 3 year old loved the waterslide at BWV and spent the better part of the day using it last visit while we waited at the bottom of the slide to catch them. Not possible at SAB. The waterslide at SAB requires a much longer walk, actually exiting the pool area to use the slide. It also requires (our preference for safety reasons anyway) the parents to walk them. Short opinion is it is just not as user friendly and our kids didn't enjoy it as much as we hoped. To them any waterslide is good one and a user friendly one is better.

Any questions?

Thanks for all the details - did you eat any special meals? If so, did you have trouble getting into any of the restuarants? We've been reading that the free dining promotion was filling up the restuarants and I'm wondering about your experience.

Nice to hear you all had such a good time!

Best wishe s-

Great question about the meals and something I forgot to mention.

All of our reservations went smoothly and we were seated on time.

One interesting thing did happen: We had made our reservations pretty far in advance and made one at Spoodles (on the Boardwalk).

We called the dining number the day of the ressie and asked to change the time, originally set for 5 pm. We were told the restaurant was booked and there was nothing until 8:10 pm.

We said no thanks, cancelled the ressie and just walked over there at 6. The restaurant wasn't even half full. We were seated immediately. I mentioned to the host that the dining number told us they were completely booked and they didn't seem surprised or concerned.

I don't know if our good luck will hold out during the food & wine activities at the epcot resorts but just becuase some of the restaurants say they are booked doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

Good meals- Princess lunch at Norway in Epcot. Spoodles. Teppanyaki in Japan at epcot.

Enjoyed your report and glad you enjoyed BCV.

How were the temperatures during the day and evening?

Sorry you were disappointed with the slide at SAB. I do think it is better for older children. Did your little ones try the small slide?

Glad you enjoyed BCV. I love it there. What type of view did you have from the rooms? Did you try the BC Marketplace, and if so, what did you have?

Great report and good to know about the MG number. We're doing a large family party next year and I was wondering whether there would be any benefit to it, it sounds like there is. You have to give them everyone's names and birthdays?

I've never stayed at BCV but my kids are not great swimmers...your description of SAB, although I'm sure it is an exciting and beautiful pool, sounds about like what I thought - not relaxing in my case.

Thanks for the report :)

Hi,

Thanks for sharing!!! Can't wait to go home.

Hope all of you enjoy your trip!

We stayed in room 323. Dedicated 2 BR, NS, short walk from the elevator, and it overlooked the front entrance. Family had room 324, directly across the hall, also a NS dedicated 2 BR, and their view was over a stream toward EPCOT. We never heard any noise. I didn't ask them.

The temps all week were upper 80s-lower 90s during the day and 70s in the evening. Sticky walking in the park.

I'm not sure we tried the BC marketplace. They have a small deli in the back of the gift shop and we tried that. Sandwichiches are very good, gelato also was good. Probably 4-5 different kinds of each. We didn't try their breakfast but they had muffins and made to order yogurt with different fruits and such. Looked very good.

All we had to do to get the MG # was give names, ages, and I believe our ressie numbers as well.

After playing on the slide at BWV last year, they weren't interested in the small slide though lots of younger kids were having a great time there. They loved the slide at SAB just got tired of the walk and the many stairs on the spiral staircase. The layout was also less convenient for us. I completely agree that if our kids were older it would not have been an issue.

Our kids are poor swimmers as well but the pool provides nice life vests which you can keep for the entire trip. Just return them before you check out. At the bottom of the slide, the current pushes them in seconds right to you so neither of us was worried at any point.

Thanks for the report! We are looking forward to our second MNSSHP on Oct. 25th. So glad you enjoyed your first. DD remembers the first and is so excited to go trick or treating at MK again!! :)

Enjoy your trip!

Please let us know how the MNSSHP is. I'm interested to see if our good luck with the small crowds is due to the time of our visit or if the crowds at the party are limited other time periods as well.

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. Is there a fee for providing the life vests during your stays at either the BWV or the BCV?

Thanks. We had a great time and want to do it again soon.

I do not know about the BWV. We did not use the vests while we were there.

There was not a fee to use the life visits during our stay at the BCV. If we did not return them before we checked out, we would have been charged $50 apiece.

Thanks for your reply about temps. We've never been at the end of Sept. and that still sounds a little hot for us.

You did try the Marketplace. It is the new name for that gift shop.

Patty 3, all the WDW resorts we've stayed at don't charge for life vests but do require a deposit in case of non return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter