• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BC proximity to EP realistic in August?

blam84

Earning My Ears
Clarification: I'm not asking specifically about getting just to EP from BC. I'm asking a general question about the convenience of using EP as a launching pad to the skyliner/other parks and also to EP itself)

Original post: Family of 5 (15, 11, 9yr old) headed to BC at the end of August and chose that resort mostly because of its proximity to EP and ease of transportation. But the more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that the walk from BC to EP in the blazing heat will be something we will not want to do every day. Even though the buses might take longer, sitting in an air conditioned bus might be what we end up doing.

I don't want to spend extra money for BC only to get there and find out that because of the heat of August, the transportation benefits are nullified.

Can you speak to your experience at BC during the heat of the Summer?

Last edited:
It is a short enough walk from the international gateway exit that I don’t have a problem with the heat. You could always take a friendship vessel also.

I wouldn’t do the walk from because to EP in August and buses won’t be an option. Riviera or Carribean beach would be better

BC to EP is a very short walk. Like under 5 minutes.

When we stayed there the line for skyliner after Epcot fireworks was further away than the distance to our beds.

And you’ll also have an easy time to HS. We like the boats but it’s also a ~15 minute walk to HS. About a mile.

I would take the walk from the International Gateway to BC 10 times out of 10 vs the trek to the front of the park for a bus to another resort. There’s more shade and places to stop with the new middle Epcot section, but it’s still a pretty exposed and hot gauntlet.

Family of 5 (15, 11, 9yr old) headed to BC at the end of August and chose that resort mostly because of its proximity to EP and ease of transportation. But the more I think about it, the more I'm concerned that the walk from BC to EP in the blazing heat will be something we will not want to do every day. Even though the buses might take longer, sitting in an air conditioned bus might be what we end up doing.

I don't want to spend extra money for BC only to get there and find out that because of the heat of August, the transportation benefits are nullified.

Can you speak to your experience at BC during the heat of the Summer?
You’re walking from Beach Club to Epcot every day?

As someone already mentioned, there aren’t buses from there to the front of Epcot, and you would have to walk from them to the entrance if there were buses.

Depending where you end your day, the walk to the buses could be further than the walk to BC. Haven't done August, but have been there in September, which is just as bad or worse. Seemed we often were in World Showcase at the end of the night anyway, so the walk back isn't bad. We love BC and how close it is to Epcot. Plus as someone else said, you can always take a boat.

Definitely would take walk to IG over walk from buses at front of park in the worst of heat or rain or anything else. Take a look at the resort map ... you don't have to exit to the outside at the main lobby. You can follow interior (air-conditioned) hallways all the way to the end of the resort and be let out onto the "secret" path -- just before the bridge over to Boardwalk. Relative to travel to HS, I'll say the skyliners are surprisingly breezy. Handheld battery powered fans have saved us on many summer visits -- might be worth getting (pull out for security screening).

There are only two ways to get to Epcot from BC: walking or taking the boat (which takes longer than walking plus the time to wait for the boat). It's a 5-8-minute walk, depending on where your room is located. We have done late August and it's no worse than waiting for a bus. The best part is being able to directly walk back to your resort at the end of the day without having to contend with lines.

I wouldn’t do the walk from because to EP in August and buses won’t be an option. Riviera or Carribean beach would be better
Nope. Lightening takes the Skyliner down which is a gigantic pain in the rear. Just went through that at RIV.

I’d stick with BC. Any benefit you’d gain by AC bus time you lose with the walk from the front of EP to the bus stop, the standing around waiting for the buses and then the walk from the bus stop to your hotel. Go through all that and you will absolutely kick yourself over giving up a 5 min walk in the sun that would deposit you right into your hotel.

Nothing beats watching Luminous from France/UK area (some great views here) and walking back to Beach Club in front of the exodus crowd! No park/resort combo gets better than that lol. Show ends 9:17pm, in room before 9:25pm.

If you do choose BC and plan to rope drop Frozen - Go Left. Most people are inclined to go right at International Gateway but going left is something like a half mile shorter walk, and quicker too.

I've not stayed at BC but have gone in the heat of August many times and stayed at many other resorts and have walked from HS to EP.
IMHO if you're concerned about it being too hot to go from BC to EP then I wonder if late August is the best time for you to go.
I've never sweat so much in my life as I have at EP in World Showcase in late August.
I'm talking sweat rolling from head to toe. (Still I wouldn't trade it because the crowds are so light)
I am prepared for it but if you're not it can be miserable.

I've not stayed at BC but have gone in the heat of August many times and stayed at many other resorts and have walked from HS to EP.
IMHO if you're concerned about it being too hot to go from BC to EP then I wonder if late August is the best time for you to go.
I've never sweat so much in my life as I have at EP in World Showcase in late August.
I'm talking sweat rolling from head to toe. (Still I wouldn't trade it because the crowds are so light)
I am prepared for it but if you're not it can be miserable.
We plenty prepared, just unsure of distances

If you’re going to AK or MK, there are buses from Beach Club that you would use. Epcot or Hollywood you could boat or walk. For Epcot, it’s closer to walk since boat dock is on Yacht Club side and it’s goes to Boardwalk before Epcot. HS boat stops at Swan/Dolphin before HS and it’s a longer walk than the one to Epcot.IMG_7479.jpeg

The walk from BC to EP IG is shorter than any walk you will take from a resort bus to the front entrance of EP. As others have said, walk through BC to the side entrance and you are steps from the bridge that takes you into the IG entrance area. There is no other hotel on property that is closer to a Disney park. As PP mentioned, request to be as close to IG as possible. We've stayed at BC/YC countless times in August (used to go last week of August for about 8 years) and that would absolutely be my first choice of resort for that month. IG entrance is super close as is the entrance to the Skyliner for DHS. The bus stop is also fairly close to the lobby for the days you are going to MK and AK. The only other resorts that might offer some type of AC advantage (Poly, if you stayed in a building close to GCH, GF main building or a close outbuilding and CR tower) will probably be more expensive. POFQ offers fairly short walks to the bus area, but you can't sleep 5 in one room at that resort. I, personally, would not stay at any of the values or mods that sleep 5 if your goal is to reduce steps to transportation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter