BC Folks - RESTART PLAN!!!

Any other BCers crying with happiness after todays announcement? We're going to get our life back, everyone! I can hardly believe it :)
So happy for you and now also Alberta! Our reopening plan in Ontario is ridiculously slow and restrictive in comparison :(
Our step 1 doesn’t even start til mid June, we can’t get a haircut til sometime in July and can’t do anything indoors with others (restaurants, movies etc) til sometime in August? No sports for kids until step 2 (July?)
I think mid August is when we may be 50% reopened in Ontario.
I am happy for you guys though!
(While contemplating a move to BC. Lol)

So happy for you and now also Alberta! Our reopening plan in Ontario is ridiculously slow and restrictive in comparison :(
Our step 1 doesn’t even start til mid June, we can’t get a haircut til sometime in July and can’t do anything indoors with others (restaurants, movies etc) til sometime in August? No sports for kids until step 2 (July?)
I think mid August is when we may be 50% reopened in Ontario.
I am happy for you guys though!
(While contemplating a move to BC. Lol)
For us in Alberta...it also means keeping up the vaccination levels we have had. Let's hope that the promised shipments of vaccine keep arriving on time and in the numbers we have been told that are arriving - so all of Canada can start to get their second shot. All of this will be taken away again and another wave hit us if they CAN NOT get our second doses to all of us in time. That is the key to all of this as well. I can't even imagine the uproar here that will follow if we can't get our second shots on time.

For us in Alberta...it also means keeping up the vaccination levels we have had. Let's hope that the promised shipments of vaccine keep arriving on time and in the numbers we have been told that are arriving - so all of Canada can start to get their second shot. All of this will be taken away again and another wave hit us if they CAN NOT get our second doses to all of us in time. That is the key to all of this as well. I can't even imagine the uproar here that will follow if we can't get our second shots on time.
Oh absolutely. It all comes down to the vaccines. It’s same for Ontario but we have entirely different thresholds as to what we will reopen when at the same level of vaccines as Bc and Alberta for example.

:offtopic: This is totally off topic...but I laughed as soon as I thought about it lol.

Can you imagine the circus that will happen in Alberta if we don't get our second doses in the time we are being told.

That being said....NOT everyone is like that backwards redneck oilfield worker....and does NOT represent me or my family :rolleyes1 :o :lmao:

I know this is the BC Reopening thread, but NS is releasing ours today.

Maybe we should start a new thread called Provincial Reopening Plans and put this thread in there...?

BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario, Quebec, have released their plans. Has NB yet? I thought I read something about that but can't find it.

So Manitoba & NFLD, plus the territories, and NS is coming later today? I'm feeling hopeful... probably shouldn't be lol but here we are!

The local water park is rumoured to be hoping to open in July at 30% capacity... I'm hoping it does and we can go a couple times. Not as fun as Disney but still fun especially when the weather is nice. I'm not sure what phase that falls under in Ontario though.

It would be nice to have the plans all in one thread to kind of see the differences? I think most are based on % vaccines, first and second doses, along with rates of positivity and hospitalization.

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about the Beach Club?
For those of us who live in Canada it was pretty obvious but OMG, you gave me a good chuckle! Most of our "active" threads right now are COVID-19 focused while we wait for the border to open up again and it's exciting to see how the different parts of the country are handling the daunting task of returning to whatever the new normal will become.

So Manitoba & NFLD, plus the territories, and NS is coming later today? I'm feeling hopeful... probably shouldn't be lol but here we are!
I am not completely sure about the NWT plan, but we do have family that lives there. Many of the people there already have both shots already. I know that my bil if they travel to see us in Alberta, they will still need to isolate for 7 days upon returning IF they have both their shots. If they don't, they will have to isolate for the full 14 days. They also have to present their isolation plan at the boarder before being allowed to cross into the NWT. Hopefully once Alberta starts giving out second doses in bigger numbers their restrictions will lift even more.

NS briefing is on...I don't have a good feeling about it, they are going be very cautious.

They said it will be different to the other provinces plans.

I am thrilled with NBs plan - I thought they were going to be very cautious and this would drag on in some form all fall. But basically, if we can keep our vaccination rates up, July 1 = open to rest of Canada & Maine, Aug 2 - emergency order ended and all restrictions lifted.

I cried as I watched the briefing. Our premier got choked up and Dr Russell looked so happy. This must be a great moment for them too. For the first time in a long time, I feel hope.

Those are dates and goals I can live with ... I will do whatever it takes and live with whatever restrictions I need to to get us to Green by Aug 2!!

https://www2.gnb.ca/content/dam/gnb/Departments/eco-bce/Promo/covid-19/path-to-green.pdf

@Minniemoo15, oh you mean like NS? lol

Did you see our Phase 5?

Living with COVID
Reduce border restrictions
Increase gathering limits
Ease public health measures
Federal regulations and requirements need to be considered

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE MARH 2020. So pi$$ed.

*end rant*

@Minniemoo15, oh you mean like NS? lol

Did you see our Phase 5?

Living with COVID
Reduce border restrictions
Increase gathering limits
Ease public health measures
Federal regulations and requirements need to be considered

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN DOING SINCE MARH 2020. So pi$$ed.

*end rant*
I’m so sorry - I would be really frustrated too.we are all so sick of this and need to know a point when this will all come to an end. My ILs are in NS so I did tune in to the conference. The phasing seems confusing and it is frustrating to not know when we will see them again - after almost a year apart. Hoping the Atlantic bubble will open sooner rather than later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter