Based on your birthdate , when were you roughly conceived?

Funny. I have the opposite opinion of the OP. I assumed they were younger and bored. Unlike some posters I also do not think they have nefarious intentions with the questions.

Honestly, even though they never interact after posting the question. The questions do seem to get conversations going between other posters.
This has been one of the most interesting threads I've ever seen on this board. It did get some very unique reactions and comments.

I have met a few women who have struck up similar conversations. I found it bizarre that they supposedly knew exactly when each one of their children were conceived. I could have a general idea of the timeframe based on math, but would have absolutely no clue what particular act within that timeframe was "the one".
I knew when mine were. I was a participant in the planning. I think we are all generalizing the time. Unless we have a spectacular memory, we wouldn't know for sure.

Last edited:
I knew when mine were. I was a participant in the planning. I think we are all generalizing the time. Unless we have a spectacular memory, we wouldn't know for sure.
I was a participant in the planning too, but I don’t know the exact moment/event that each conception resulted from. Because I didn’t keep track of each and every time my spouse and I were intimate during each potentially fertile cycle.

The women who have mentioned this to me were not generalizing. They claim that they know the act specific act in which their child was conceived. Like, Johnny was conceived two days after Thanksgiving and Suzie was on January 13th.

The women who have mentioned this to me were not generalizing. They claim that they know the act specific act in which their child was conceived. Like, Johnny was conceived two days after Thanksgiving and Suzie was on January 13th.
This could be due to lower rate of sexual activity so those were the only options during the fertility window that were possible.

I was a participant in the planning too, but I don’t know the exact moment/event that each conception resulted from. Because I didn’t keep track of each and every time my spouse and I were intimate during each potentially fertile cycle.

We were lucky I guess because we planned the first pregnancy to end in January of the next year because my wife was getting her BS degree in Nursing in December and she wanted to have it happen just after her graduation. Not the official one that was in the spring, but the actual point when she had enough credits to be finished and the baby would not be a newborn when that official ceremony happened. The second was also planned and there was only one occasion during that window and sure enough it worked. It helped that we were both extremely fertile. The second one I'm sure of but the first has a margin of error but it is very small. I could guess the week at the very least. After that we were very careful with use of Birth Control. It appears that she could get pregnant if she just stood downwind from me.

Not in Canada. Vital statistics records - birth, marriage, deaths - are sealed from 50-100 years.
Interesting. Is this the same for certificates? In the states, anyone can order a birth or death certificate from a local municipality online for about 15$USD. This is extremely helpful when dealing with estates or other matters. Is this not the case in Canada?

Not in Canada. Vital statistics records - birth, marriage, deaths - are sealed from 50-100 years.
Yes, extremely difficult in Canada as my wife as discovered with her search of my family records.

Interesting. Is this the same for certificates? In the states, anyone can order a birth or death certificate from a local municipality online for about 15$USD. This is extremely helpful when dealing with estates or other matters. Is this not the case in Canada?

Birth:​

1. You, if the application is for your own certificate.
  2. Parents named on the record of a child.
  3. Guardian (must submit guardianship papers).
  4. A representative with written authorization of a) b) or c) above. Written authorization of person entitled to certificate must accompany the application.

Marriage:​

1. Either party to the marriage.
  2. The children or parents if both parties are deceased.
  3. A representative with written authorization of a) or b) above. Written authorization of person entitled to certificate must accompany the application.

Death:​

1. Any person with a valid reason.
  2. Only next-of-kin may obtain a certified photocopy of a death registration.
Restrictions

Births less than 100 years ago
Marriages less than 80 years ago
Deaths less than 70 years ago

If either the party concerned or the immediate next of kin (spouse, children, parents, or siblings) are living, written proof of their consent to release the requested information is to be attached to the application.
There are genealogy certificates available.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter