$ bargains

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
I am starting to plan for Dec hols. Can people who have been recently or who are going soon tell me what bargains if any are in the area at present? I am just wondering with the credit crunch if the Americans are dropping prices in their shops as we are in the UK. I know there are bargains to be had but with the $ so strong at present I am curious what deals there are at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:banana:

We were there in December and there were loads of sales going on. We bought what we considered to be bargains in clothes and jewellery. I didn't buy any gadgets but if I am after anything I usually just go on the Walmart site and see what they are selling it for to see if it is worth me buying over there or not.

Clothes are always a bargain. We were out last year and got plenty of branded jeans and the teenager stocked up on Abercrombie/Fitch and Hollister gear - apparently it is about 40% cheaper even with the dollar at 1.50 to the pound.

TK Maxx is also great for bargains if you like a rummage around. Best malls for us were Pr1me and Florida Mall. if you want upmarket try the Mall at Millenia.

Pozz

just got back and there were loads of bargains to be had when buying clothes, especially in Macys, there was lots of designer gear on the clearance rails, Calvein Clein, Ralph Lauren etc. Ralph Lauren store at premium outlets was also good value.

We went out with $4000, $2000 of which we purchased at a rate of $2-£1 and the rest at around $1.80-£1 so we had a 'strong' exchange rate.
I can't comment on if it was cheaper or more expensive than before as it was our first time, but I can tell you some things that we considered to be bargains!

Men's 3 in 1 Timberland coat (fleece inside a waterproof big coat) = $80
Skechers Woman's Boots (like UGGS) $26
Gap hoodies - adults, = $15-$18, kids $13
Adidas Superstar trainers..buy 1 get 1 half price, = $44 each but total of $66 for 2 pairs (they are £50 to buy in UK!)
Oakley Sunglasses = $50
Oakley/Quick Silver t shirts = $10 each

We had a Chrysler jeep, hubby says it was an HHR and it cost us less than $20 to fill the tank, which gave us around 500 miles!

We found loads of bargains, hence going out with 3 half full cases and coming home with 3 bulging cases as well as 2 large and bulging holdalls.

We haven't lived in the UK for close to 4 and a half years now so can't comment on the effects of the credit crunch there, but we agreed that the prices of things in Florida were amazing. We were there over Christmas which could have been the reason for it, but there were a lot of stores advertising sales or buy one get one half price type deals.

Basically, if you buy anything in the USA at full retail right now, you're crazy. Prices are slashed everywhere, for everything. PLEASE...come to Florida and spend lots and lots of your money! ;)

Basically, if you buy anything in the USA at full retail right now, you're crazy. Prices are slashed everywhere, for everything. PLEASE...come to Florida and spend lots and lots of your money! ;)

Sounds great to me :thumbsup2
Fingers crossed its like this when we come in june.;)

There were sales absolutley EVERYWHERE! Seriously, as the other poster said no way should you be paying full price for anything out there!
We found gadgets to be more expensive than here - mainly due to the exchange rate change - for example an I pod touch worked out at about £25 more there than to buy here!

Clothes etc were much better prices, I got some Tommy jeans for about £12 they were 60% off the already discounted price what a bargain huh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter