Baked Bean Recipe needed

Cruise04

<font color=CC0099>Oh that is so incredibly cool!<
My cousins wife has made these baked beans with ground beef, beans (several different kinds I think), bacon and then some sort of sauce. I can't get her to answer my email and am wondering if anyone else has this recipe that they would be willing to share. We are doing a cookout for dd's confirmation and I'd like to have these as a side dish.

Thanks in advance
Chris

Cruise04 said:
My cousins wife has made these baked beans with ground beef, beans (several different kinds I think), bacon and then some sort of sauce. I can't get her to answer my email and am wondering if anyone else has this recipe that they would be willing to share. We are doing a cookout for dd's confirmation and I'd like to have these as a side dish.

Thanks in advance
Chris

I found this, it seems like what you are looking for. You could doctor with yellow mustard, brown sugar, worchestire, or ketchup to make it taste like what you want.

Calico Beans
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 pound bacon
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 (15 ounce) can great northern bean, drained
1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
2 tablespoons ground dry mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. In the same skillet, crumble ground beef and cook over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Mix in onion and continue to saute until beef is browned and onion is golden. Drain grease if desired.
In a 4 quart casserole dish, mix together bacon, beef, onion, great northen beans, kidney beans, pork and beans, dry mustard, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Cover dish and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly

Here's the recipe we use all the time. It's hearty enough to be used for a main dish or as a side. So yummy!

Cowboy Beans

1 large can pork and beans
1 small can lima beans, drained
1 can kidney beans
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tbsp. dry mustard
6 strips bacon

Brown meat and onion in a large skillet; drain. While meat is browning, mix the remaining ingredients then add all together. Put into a large casserole dish. Cut bacon strips in half and lay on top of casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 3 to 4 hours uncovered.

Hope this helps you!

Grandma Rose's Baked Beans

2 large cans butter beans
1/2 lb bacon
1 onion chopped
couple tbsp brown sugar
small bottle of ketchup

Mix beans, chopped onion, brown sugar and ketchup in dripping pan. Lay bacon strips on top and bake in oven until beans are sticky and most of liquid is gone. YUM!

Thank you all very much. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter