• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bagels and bread

MalkaR

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever seen the packaging for the bagels, bread, pastries, etc that they serve on board? Any idea what brand they are? Thanks!

I know at one point, they served Krispy Kreme Donuts, but I don't think that is the case any longer.
I once went into Cabanas and asked for plain white sliced bread untoasted to make my grandson a peanut butter sandwich.
The server came out with a long sleeve of it and it was in a plain clear wrapper, no name brand.

If you are worried about things following certain dietary guidelines then have the head server take you through the buffet on day 1 and tell you what is ok and what isn't.

If you are worried about things following certain dietary guidelines then have the head server take you through the buffet on day 1 and tell you what is ok and what isn't.

This. I'm pretty sure it's Udi's if gluten-free you're concerned about (unless things have changed). The gluten-free donuts are Kinnickinnick (however it's spelled).

This. I'm pretty sure it's Udi's if gluten-free you're concerned about (unless things have changed). The gluten-free donuts are Kinnickinnick (however it's spelled).
I'm actually looking for kosher, but both of those brands have lots of kosher products so we can always use that if the regular breads aren't kosher. Thanks!

I'm actually looking for kosher, but both of those brands have lots of kosher products so we can always use that if the regular breads aren't kosher. Thanks!
If you inform DCL that you require kosher foods, they will provide them. Don't wait until you are onboard to do this, however, they must put supplies onboard at the embarkation port, so they need to know beforehand.

If you inform DCL that you require kosher foods, they will provide them. Don't wait until you are onboard to do this, however, they must put supplies onboard at the embarkation port, so they need to know beforehand.

If you want to know about Kosher food and Disney cruise line here is a good place to start is http://kosherinthekingdom.com/kosher-disney-cruising-part-1-overview/

The meals are all pre-prepared by a kosher supplier and loaded on the ship at embarcation.

Yes, thank you. I actually really like that link, rcchello! I already have kosher meals requested, but I'd like to know if grabbing a bagel or donut from the buffet in addition to the packaged meals is going to work for us.

Apparently some of the bread items are OU but you should ask and they will check the wrapper. Obviously nothing on the ship is prepared under supervision.

Brands can vary by itenerary. For example, totally different gf products on the Europe sailings than the Florida sailings.

Update from the cruise we just left, they told us the breads at places at cabanas they didnt have packaging to show us and that it wasnt kosher. The donus are Krispy Kreme

Update from the cruise we just left, they told us the breads at places at cabanas they didnt have packaging to show us and that it wasnt kosher. The donus are Krispy Kreme
Thank you for the update!

On our last cruise, the Fantasy had Glutino brand muffins and rolls on board (we got them through special dining requests).

Are the Krispy Kreme donuts available daily at the breakfast buffet? Is it just the plain glazed one?

Are the Krispy Kreme donuts available daily at the breakfast buffet? Is it just the plain glazed one?

They are available for however long the supply lasts. It is possible they could run out mid cruise if someone really loves them. It is just plain glazed, unless it's changed recently.

All baked goods outside of the KK donuts are baked onboard. In December, I saw a CM in Cabanas handling the KK boxes and taking out the donuts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter