Back to the World (Disney that is) Day 5

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 5

Today is Dad’s birthday so I treated him by letting him wake me up with a coffee – ha ha. “So where’s my card then?” Little did he know that I bought him one on the trip to the Florida Mall, so there pops.

Another relative rest day today and a FIRST.

Had breakfast at Black Angus, not bad but not the best either and no patch on their dinners.

Now for the first – Boggy Creek Airboats. This was the smaller one of the two, not the one on Boggy Creek Road near the airport.
Disappointed by this as all I saw was the head of an alligator, well that’s what the guide said it was, looked like a branch to me and that was it! Very exciting zooming over the water and lots of banking turns but no sign of wildlife.

Later in the holiday we took a drive to the bigger Boggy Creek Airboats by the airport and it looked so much better, more professional. If I were to do one again it would be this one.

After that I felt an urgent burning in my pocket again and felt the need to spend money so headed over to Circuit City near the Florida Mall.
After about an hour, finally decided that I needed to get a new digital camera as the Fuji Finepix 1300 just didn’t cut it anymore. Laid my credit card down (feeling the burning in my pocket subsiding now) and spent $680 on a Sony DSC-S75 and 2 128MB memory sticks. 3.3 megapixels and lovely zoom Karl Zeiss lens – aaarrrggghhhh. Now I’ve got to juggle memory sticks for the Sony, Smartmedia cards for the Fuji and Compactflash for my HP Jornada palmtop, problems, problems, problems.

Popped into Publix on the way back and picked up some lunch, Dad only wanted fruit so got some prepared pineapple and melon and I had a sub with chicken tenders with bbq sauce and mayo – excellent, you need to try this.

Played another round of golf and I had to of course let dad win as it is his birthday after all (yes of course you let him win he says sarcastically)

Had another trip to Walmart, this time with me driving – this driving lark is far too easy in the USA, why did I wait?

As it’s dad’s birthday, thought I would treat him to a slap up meal at TGI Fridays, we always go there at least once as it’s a bit of a tradition.
Had a beer each and shared a starter of potato skins, you get so many, unbelievable.

We both had the JD chicken but the portions being so large there was no room for dessert (shame) but had to, of course have my usual, the extra large frozen Margarita (no, I wasn’t driving still).

Wound a weary, merry way back to the hotel and the usual. Just gotta love that Doc Otis lemon beer.

Quick question, can you buy this in the UK? If so, I need it now.

Universal tomorrow.

Night.

Greg

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter