Fiona R from UK

Mouseketeer
Saturday 2nd February 2002 – Day 1 - Heathrow Bound

Who, what, when etc!

Plan: Pick up Laura from sleepover 8.30am
Kate/Laura to orchestra 9.00am
Watch Kate’s concert 11am home 12.30pm
Into car and off to Granny’s in Essex
Abandon dog, crate, food and lead, and have dinner (hopefully!)
Drive back to Heathrow Holiday Inn
Bed!!

Yep folks, we did all of the above and were even packed on Friday night, how advanced can one get in the packing stakes!! Huge mistake, I decided to leave the themed teabags (well we were going to Coronado Springs so I bought Pyramid ones) and travel kettle at home as they weren’t needed, big mistake!! HRH and CS have coffee makers, I don’t like coffee, where was my logic, in the case I suspect!! Sorry guys, no time to DIS either, so I suppose we weren’t that organised. Spent the morning recovering fence panels from round the garden, hope the weather calms down by tomorrow!

Granny made us a very nice lasagne, Rolo was chuffed to be on holiday too, and after an easy drive back to Heathrow we found the new Holiday Inn and checked in easily. Phew, the first of my 98 independent arrangements has gone smoothly!! £79 for a family room and 21 nights parking is a deal. Heard no noise at all. Nighty Night, after setting one alarm clock and two mobile phone clocks to wake us at 6ish, don’t see the attraction in checking in earlier than you have to!!

Tomorrow: Getting there and Hard Rock Hotel

Hope Rolo got some lasagne. That is a deal on the Holiday Inn. We need 21 nights parking for our next trip, so might look into that.

That is a great deal on a family room Fiona - must bear that in mind for the future :)

I hope you cope without the tea bags - I succumbed when I remembered I forgotten mine and bought some Fortnam and Mason ones at the Airport in Duty Free! Expensive ----- but very nice :) :)

Glad Rolo gets a holiday too :)

Woo hoo ..... you're finally off!! (think you deserve a holiday after all that running around!)

Astrid :)

Thanks for the wonderful report - luv reading them!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter