Back to my Happy Place! My first ever PTR!

disneynat79

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

After originally thinking we wouldn't be able to go on holiday this year, we've booked and paid for 5 days/4 nights in DLP at Sequoia Lodge!

Had booked Hotel Cheyenne but I upgraded us after not too much fuss from DH :D

We're going 29th September and have a lot planned for our trip!

Our family consists of me (disney mad since birth), husband of 12 years and 2 daughters, Grace (7 years) and Lola (3 years) who love Disney nearly as much as me!

The condition of booking from DH was that we have to keep it as a surprise from the girls until the day we go!! Finding it very hard but this forum is keeping me going and I'm having fun planning the big reveal! I've bought personalised mini backpacks for them and will give it to them on the morning filled with bits like lanyards, pen, purse, sweets etc - the backpacks arrived over the weekend and they are fab! Pics to follow when I can figure it out.

Meals are sorted, will include Auberge, Cafe Mickey and BBWWS :)

Arrgh so excited!

Sounds like you have a great trip planned - sequoia Lodge is lovely!! Love the idea of keeping it secret they will be so excited - planning a secret trip myself here so know how hard that is! Loving your meal plans too ;)

Sounds like you have a great trip planned - sequoia Lodge is lovely!! Love the idea of keeping it secret they will be so excited - planning a secret trip myself here so know how hard that is! Loving your meal plans too ;)

It's so hard isn't it?! My poor husband is being subjected to daily doses of disney excitement otherwise I'd burst!

But it will be so worth it to see the look on my girls faces - there will be a video, so many of my friends have asked me to record it as they're all in on it!

I do love Sequoia Lodge but it's my dream to stay at DLH, you are so lucky!!

Thanks everyone!

We're being naughty and taking my eldest out of school - being a youth worker I am contracted to do extra activities, trips etc in school holidays so school holidays are not an option for me!

Thank you! Love your profile pic - my youngest LOVES Lilo and Stitch!

Thank you! We met them in the morning meet and greets in the studios! She was so busy hugging Lilo for ages, she almost didn't even notice Stitch was there (who was entertaining himself doing Elvis knee slides! lol). Then had a MASSIVE cuddle with him. They were great!

Sequoia Lodge is lovely!

C x

Look forward to reading about your surprise reveal too disneynat. I love the idea of that but have never managed it as I need so many permissions from so many different people to bring my sister on holiday.

It's so hard isn't it?! My poor husband is being subjected to daily doses of disney excitement otherwise I'd burst!

But it will be so worth it to see the look on my girls faces - there will be a video, so many of my friends have asked me to record it as they're all in on it!

I do love Sequoia Lodge but it's my dream to stay at DLH, you are so lucky!!

A video is a brilliant idea share here too! DLH is only possible *** of the great offer I got booking!! The Sequoia Lodge is so lovely too!

Following along!

Our next trip was supposed to be a surprise, but my mum suffered two huge strokes back in may, our boys were so so sad I just wanted to see them smile, so I talked DH into letting me spill the beans, they are so excited. We're staying in he DLH which is even more exciting!

I can't wait to see your reveal video and pics :goodvibes

Following along!

Our next trip was supposed to be a surprise, but my mum suffered two huge strokes back in may, our boys were so so sad I just wanted to see them smile, so I talked DH into letting me spill the beans, they are so excited. We're staying in he DLH which is even more exciting!

I can't wait to see your reveal video and pics :goodvibes

So sorry to hear about your mum, I hope she is on the road to recovery?

I've now made our ADR's - so excited! Got Cafe Mickey, Auberge, Buffalo Bills, Blue Lagoon and Restaurant Des Stars!

I'm thinking for the reveal to have a Mickey balloon waiting for them at the bottom of the stairs, then in the front room have their certificates and frozen back packs - might do a bit more with that but I keep changing my mind!

ADRs made!

Monday 29th Blue Lagoon (we did this on our first night last time and it was great - we were right by where the boats for POTC go past and I had my first Glowtini - amazing!)

Tuesday Lunch - Restaurant des stars, did this before, think the girls will enjoy picking their own food/pudding! Booked for 1.30pm as hoping to meet the characters at 12pm!

Tuesday Dinner
No ADR but somewhere quick and easy in Disneyland Park - cafe hyperion? Any recommendations gratefully received!

Weds Lunch
Cowboy cookout BBQ, loved this before, no characters this time but hubby especially loved the food!

Weds dinner Buffalo Bills! Haven't done this since 2005, so excited to experience it with my girls for their first time.

Thurs lunch - Cafe Mickey, much prefer lunch to dinner, less manic!

Thurs dinner - girls choice! (oh er!) This could be interesting!

Fri lunch - Auberge - then home in the afternoon, boo!

Other prep:
Frozen hoodies from Disney store, frozen playing cards for their backpacks, disney t shirts from Uniqlo (that place is fab, check it out!), multipack of sharpies (24 pack in WHSmith for £6.99 at the mo!).

6 weeks to go!

We loved Cowboy Cookout too - such a shame the characters are no longer there as it was by far the best character meal we had, but we went back last trip as the food was so nice and a great price!

Loving your PTR!

Great meal plans!! Counter service in disneyland - have a look at Toad Hall, Hakuna Matata, Fuerto del Oro (I think it's called!!), Colonel Hathis.... The menus are all on DLP guide.com!

C x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter