Back from our first DVC vacation, and, all I can say is...

goofy4wdw59

Long Time Disney Fan
I love it...I love it...! I love it!! I'm so happy to call VWL our "home away from home". The set up in the one-bedroom is terrific (especially if you have younger children) and, IMHO, is much better than a regular hotel room--even if you throw in concierge service.
Having the kitchen is great--we did one stop at the grocery store and saved $money on meals. The king-size bed is nice and the bathroom layout is so spacious! How about that whirlpool tub? It sure beats our experience in a regular hotel room!
We found the VCR a great plus for our 2 and 4 yo kids and were able to check out tapes at the General Mercantile at no charge. The tapes needed to be returned by 10:30am the next day to avoid any charges.
Also, I didn't mind that we didn't get daily housekeeping--in fact, I didn't miss it much at all. It really does begin to feel like your own personal space. Having the stackable washer&dryer is so convenient! We did several loads of laundry, including a load of towels--not a hardship.
I know I'm not saying anything knew to all the experienced/long-time DVC members. I'm just so pleased with our DVC, I had to let you all know too! Now, I'll have to get busy planning our next trip...

:cool: :)

You described the experience perfectly!

I'm a long time OKW member, and I'm looking forward to enjoying our add on at VWL next month. You just made me doubly excited!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

In Oct 2003 hopefully I'll be saying the same.
I just joined yesterday (having dreams about points).
Im planning on banking this years points with next years and plannin on the Disney Magic cruise Dec 2002.

goofy4wdw59,

I'm sure that after staying in the 1BR, you just can't imagine ever staying at a Days Inn again!! This leads some people to call us DVC'ers snobs. :smooth:

MikeBW,

That is so funny because this summer we stayed overnight at a "regular" hotel to go to Seseame Place for the day. My spoiled children said, "This room is soooo small." It is amazing how quickly you get use to DVC.

4 weeks and 3 days and we'll be saying the same thing, I'm sure.
That'll be our 1st trip home. We were thinking of using the studio only when we joined. Haven't stayed yet but just know that we will like the 1 bed so much more. We have 2 dd's 5 & 2 1/2.

Glad you had a great time!

VWL 11/2001
BWV 5/2002

BuzzandWoody -- Yes, be careful. Once you "taste of" the one-bedroom it's hard going back to the studio. ;) LOL!

Goofy I'm so glad you had such a good time and are enjoying DVC! Many more happy years.

I am SO glad to read that you enjoyed it that much!! It makes DVC worth it in every way!! It makes me VERY excited to go back. YAH!!! :D

Glad you had a great time. everyone is right about the 1br units, no one really wants to go back to a studio after staying in a 1br.

You just totally psyched me up!!! We leave in 13 days for our first trip and I am sooooo excited. Our home is also VWL and I am so glad to hear that you LOVE IT! Can wait to post a similar reaction when we return. :bounce:

Sesame Place???? Was there about 12 years ago....now I feel old our kids are 21,20,20,18!!!!!!!!!!! No place like DVC they still ask when are we going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter