Back from HK Disneyland Nov 10

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Had a great trip finishing the year of Disney with visits to HK Disney and Tokyo parks after going to California, Florida and Paris earlier in the year. It was such a fun 2012 doing Disney!!!

We went to HK Disney last - on Sat Nov 10th. The weather was very hot and muggy - cloudy in the morning, then sunshine that boiled down worse than the Florida summer heat. Little area for shade and places that had benches in the shade were quickly claimed by park goers who seemed to spend the day on the bench - we saw many people sleeping in the park which was odd.

The queue system is a little off there as people don't seem to queue very well - they go in thru exits and do not give the amount of personal space we are used to from America. The workers were fair to good, but definitely the least friendly of all the Disney parks.

We got there at 9:30 for a 10 opening and glad we brought an umbrella for the shade which most people did as well. Park opened on time and was beautiful - I think this may be the most beautiful setting with the mountainous background - especially by the castle and into Fantasyland.

There was no line for anything more than 10 minutes - we walked to Grizzly Gulch for the new train which was great, but nothing else in the section, then did all the rides in Tomorrowland and Fantasyland before 1 PM. We were the only ones in it's a small world. It was slightly decorated for Xmas, but nothing much. One small tree in the front of the park.

The castle is small but beautiful. WE ate at Starliner diner and shopped main street which was fantastic - they definitely have some great souvenirs in HK Disney and we bought some shirts and other gifts. The snack food was also very good including Mickey ice cream bars and waffles.

We did everything pretty much once and Philharmagic twice because it was fascinating and nicely air conditioned :) Jungle cruise was the best in all the parks.

Overall, a beautiful park, great for one day - we left at 7:10 PM, park closes at 8 and were heat exhausted. Not sure if we would come back - love Tokyo and Florida parks more, but still a great day trip if you are in HK.

Thanks for this recap! I'm thinking of making a trip there on Jan 5, another Saturday and I wonder if the lines will be just as light.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you had a great time with low crowds. Lucky you!

Xiphoid,

It sounds like you would be the ultimate person to do a big comparison thread on the various parks since were at all of them in one calendar year. WOW!

How about starting with the major differences (or similarities, I suppose) bt HKDL and WDW? I've only ever been to WDW (5 times over 28 years) and while I'm a rockstar planning/navigating around WDW, I'm only just getting a feel for what it might be like on my 2015 trip to HKDL. I'm thinking TDL will be in there too but I'll leave that for another forum.

What do ya think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter