Back from a terrific trip!

abk96

Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters
We arrived home on Friday 7/27 from a beautiful trip to BWV and SSR. Then DH surprised us with a trip to Cape Cod for a few days. Needless to say we are all very tired but it was very exciting.

The view from our BW view room was incredible. I enjoyed going out there and sitting in the morning and late in the evening just watching the people walking by and the boats coming and going. Our room was very clean and everything was in working order.

We arrived very early and had to wait for our room, which is what I was expecting anyway, so we took a dip in the pool for a while. We used the fitness center to change and used the lockers there too. This was very convenient. The pool there is so cute. My kids loved the elephant that sprayed water out its trunk. My DH loved the pool bar.

Our room was ready at about 3 PM and we were very excited to get settled and start our first 4 days of vacation at the BWV.

I would definitely stay here again. The resort is beautiful, the staff is very helpful, and the location is the greatest.
disney1064.jpg

I'll post about our SSR resort later. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

Thank you for the great trip report! It's always nice to read about someone having a wonderful time at WDW. :)

Glad you had a great trip....

did you like SSR....what section were you in?
thanks
Kerri

We arrived home on Friday 7/27 from a beautiful trip to BWV and SSR. Then DH surprised us with a trip to Cape Cod for a few days. Needless to say we are all very tired but it was very exciting.

The view from our BW view room was incredible. I enjoyed going out there and sitting in the morning and late in the evening just watching the people walking by and the boats coming and going. Our room was very clean and everything was in working order.

We arrived very early and had to wait for our room, which is what I was expecting anyway, so we took a dip in the pool for a while. We used the fitness center to change and used the lockers there too. This was very convenient. The pool there is so cute. My kids loved the elephant that sprayed water out its trunk. My DH loved the pool bar.

Our room was ready at about 3 PM and we were very excited to get settled and start our first 4 days of vacation at the BWV.

I would definitely stay here again. The resort is beautiful, the staff is very helpful, and the location is the greatest.

I'll post about our SSR resort later. If anyone has any questions I'll try to answer them.

Thank you for the great trip report! It's always nice to read about someone having a wonderful time at WDW. :)

Are you sure you can't come up with a few "lumpy pillow" complaints?

Just kidding, glad to hear you had a great time.
Did you make a room request?
How were the eats?
Thanks
Chris

How old are your children? We taking our DGC to BWV next June, they will be 3, 4 and 5 years old.

I'm glad you had such a great time at BWV. We too have used the fitness rooms to change in when our room isn't ready or after check out to enjoy the resort for a time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing your impressions. :)

WOW you are doing what we are doing in two weeks...FROM TODAY. WOOHOO. We are staying at SSR for 5 nights followed by BWV for 3. Glad to hear you had so much fun and I am sure we will too. Thanks for the report.

Glad you had a great trip....

did you like SSR....what section were you in?
thanks
Kerri

We loved SSR also. We checked in at about 11 AM and they had a room ready for us to enjoy our next 6 days. We did request CP but there wasn't any availablity there so they had us in the Paddock section. I kindly asked if we could be put in the Grandstand section and there was a room with a view of the Grandstand pool available so we took it.

The room was beautiful. Very clean and brand new. We felt the difference between beds from BWV and SSR. I guess because SSR is so new and the Grandstand is the newest section.

The kids loved the Grandstand pool play area with the squirting horses. My dh even had to try them out. He's such a kid. And the pool bar was a nice touch. Frozen drinks were a little pricey, but they were so yummy! :cloud9: You could even fill your refillable mugs there.

Getting over to the Springs section was so easy from here too. Maybe a 2 minutes walk over. We had to check out the High Rock Springs Pool while we were there. We all loved the slide there but preferred the pool at the Grandstand. Most days there were only a few other people there. Very enjoyable.

We tried the Turf Club Bar and Grill and thought it was ok. We don't think we'll go back in Nov. but maybe another time.

We did walk once from DTD to the Grandstand and it took us about 10 minutes. I love to walk so it wasn't a big deal to me.

disney1159.jpg

disney1157.jpg

disney1257.jpg

disney1170.jpg

disney1276.jpg

Are you sure you can't come up with a few "lumpy pillow" complaints?

Just kidding, glad to hear you had a great time.
Did you make a room request?
How were the eats?
Thanks
Chris

No lumpy pillows.;)

We didn't have a request for BWV but we did request for CP at SSR and we didn't get it. We got the Grandstand section and that was great.

Loved BW Bakery (choc. twist was the best), Seashore Sweets was great for an afternoon pick me up like a sundae or milkshake, SSR has a good CS and I like that they have specials everyday.

How old are your children? We taking our DGC to BWV next June, they will be 3, 4 and 5 years old.

I'm glad you had such a great time at BWV. We too have used the fitness rooms to change in when our room isn't ready or after check out to enjoy the resort for a time.

Bobbi:goodvibes

My kids are 6, 8, and 10. Enjoy your trip.

WOW you are doing what we are doing in two weeks...FROM TODAY. WOOHOO. We are staying at SSR for 5 nights followed by BWV for 3. Glad to hear you had so much fun and I am sure we will too. Thanks for the report.

Have a great trip!:goodvibes I know you'll have a great time too. Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

If anyone is interested. I can't make them smaller. Sorry.

BW view, we need to get back there for that-so good.:thumbsup2

glad you all enjoyed!!! I am a big BWV fan...

curious would you go back to BWV or SSR

Well to tell you the truth we have a ressie to stay at OKW in Nov, but when we came home we got on the waitlist for BWV. We'll see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter