• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Back from 3 nights at HRH-the Good and the Bad (IMHO)

Cast

DS-10
DD-11
Me & DD (40's)

Flight left Newark right on time 9:00 am-Landed in Orlando 11:45. Easy time. Went to pick up car at Emeral Aisle. No full size cars left. This worked out good for us as we got upgraded to a mini-van. Before we went to the hotel we stopped for lunch at Sizzler. Nice salad buffet. Then we went off to Super Walmart and stocked up on sodas, beer and some snacks. I brought along a collapsible cooler and it worked great. At the rate my kids drink sodas, it was well worth it.

Arrived at HRH around 3:00 pm. The security guard checked us in and told us the FOTL was only good until 12:00 pm each day. I was a bit confused but figured I would wait until we got to the front desk. We decided to do Valet parking. It worked great for us. Valet people and staff outside the hotel were very friendly and efficient. Check in was easy and when I inquired about the FOTL he informed me that the guard was wrong. He thanked me for letting him know who had been giving out false information all day. He excused himself and made a call (which I believe was to the security guard) to give him the right info. After check in, we were whisked up to the 6th floor. As I had reported earlier, I was disappointed that we did not have a pool view. My family were delighted as to the size of the room. So 15 minutes later we were off to US.

We rode Twister, King Kong, Earthquake and BTTF. I cannot begin to tell you how great FOTL access is. I would pay double the price for the hotel room if I could still have FOTL. We walked around a little and finally went into T2. When we came out it looked like a storm was abrewing. Boy was I right. We got drenched . Ran back to the the hotel and rung out our clothes. I figured it was just easier to eat dinner in the Hotel. But to our dismay it was an hour and 1/2 wait. So we got into our van(so glad we decided on valet) and ended up at Pizzeria Uno.

I do not know if it was the particular time of year, or time. but on Aug. 13th at 8:00 pm International Drive was a Parking Lot. It took us over 20 minutes to go one mile. UGH! We were all tired at this point, so we got pizzas at Uno , ate fast and went back to the hotel.

Big first day. I vowed never to go back out to eat out of the park.

Thanks for the report.

I know what you mean about International Dr. We got stuck in that mess last year so we knew to stay far, far away on our return trip!!

Nan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter