[B]Southwest Included in Magic Express??[/B]

Winter921

Earning My Ears
I read on mousesavers the airlines included in the new Magic Express and Southwest wasnt one of them, has anyone called to check on this? Has anyone asked exactly how it works, how will you know where to go when you get off the plane?

you can take the Magic Express transportation - but WDW won't move your luggage for you - you must take it.

spiceycat said:
you can take the Magic Express transportation - but WDW won't move your luggage for you - you must take it.
Actually, you can take the Magical Express transportation -- and WDW will move your luggage for you, to and from WDW -- regardless of the airline.

Disney's Magical Express is available to passengers flying any airline that serves Orlando International Airport from any city of origin -- foreign or domestic. The service is exactly same, regardless of whether the airline is on the "participating airlines" list.

For flights home, the list of "participating airlines" only comes into play for Resort Airline Check-in, which allows passengers on some airlines to check their baggage and obtain their boarding passes right at their WDW resort hotel. But any WDW resort guests who are departing from Orlando International Airport can use Magical Express to get themselves and their luggage back to the airport; it's just that some folks will have to retrieve their baggage from the hold of the motor coach and check it in at the airport, while those who can use Resort Airline Check-in can go straight from the motor coach to Security.

marriedmarylander said:
When I called like 2 weeks ago they said Southwest wasn't include... When did it change?
Nothing has changed. Southwest is not on the "participating airlines" list. But, as I wrote above, the "participating airlines" list only applies to the Resort Airline Check-in feature, not to the entire Magical Express service. It seems that many CMs do not yet fully understand Magical Express.

If a CM told you that you can't use Magical Express if you're flying Southwest, that CM was mistaken.

If a CM told you that you just can't use the Resort Airline Check-in feature if you're flying Southwest, then that CM was correct.

Is anyone flying southwest in May and trying this out? It will be interesting to see what happens in regards to the luggage pick up at arrival.

Another question I have is where at MCO will the ME pick up spots be in reference to say Mears/other companies?

I am flying Southwest late May and have signed up for ME for now... waiting to hear some results before I make a final choice.

Mike :3dglasses

I'm going May 16-22. They said they don't take your luggage from Southwest so you have to pick it up from baggage claim. But they will transport you and your luggage in the shuttle.

I booked through AAA and they said I get a voucher - I'm guessing when they send me the vacation packet? And I am hoping there are signs in the airport where to go. If AAA can't answer my questions I'll try calling a Disney Rep on the phone.

We are going in May also. I was told by the CM who took my flight info that Southwest was included, but everything that I have read on this and other boards says that Southwest is not. When looking back at the press release regarding Magic Express and info provided on Mousesavers, I have come to the conclusion that was already stated earlier: our luggage will be transported with all of the other luggage to our resort, but we will not be able to do the check in at the resort like the participating airlines (for our return). I really wanted to find a cheap flight with a participating airline, but the price difference was so big! :sad2:

The information I just got is:

For Arrival - they will take your luggage for you from Southwest.
For Departure - you will have to take your own luggage to the airport and check it in yourself...

I am flying Southwest in May also, and was told by the CM that she would send two Magical Express luggage tags per person for my party. She also asked for my flight number and time of arrival-and departure. Magical Express will pick up your luggage from MCO --but you will not be able to do an airline check in from your resort when you are ready to check out.

marriedmarylander said:
The CM said I can use Magical Express but I have to pick up my luggage myself.
That's only true when it's time to return to the airport. Southwest passengers will not be able to the Resort Airline Check-in feature.

However, for the inbound service, it does not matter what airline you are flying. You'll receive your Magical Express package around 3 weeks before your flight. You'll put the Magical Express tags on your bags before you check them at your home airport. At Orlando International, the your bags will be intercepted before they get to baggage claim. Once you check in for your motor coach, your bags will be released to a luggage truck (not put onto your motor coach). You'll see your bags again in your room. This service is available, regardless of the airline.

Okay so it seems we established that Disney will pick us and our luggage up. But the other question I had was how to be find them or how do they find us???

Winter921 said:
Okay so it seems we established that Disney will pick us and our luggage up. But the other question I had was how to be find them or how do they find us???
Here's the official word from Disney in Disney's Magical Express FAQs - Planners:

Q: Where is the airport pickup location for motor coach transportation?

A: You will be directed to the Disney Welcome Center located on Level One in Terminal A.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter