Avoiding Motion Sickness Help!

I usually take 1 Bonine the morning of and I was always so drowsy. I've never heard of taking it the night before and I'm interested in trying it. For those of you that take it the night before, do you do 1 pill or 2?
My husband will start taking one a night 2 days before we leave and keep taking it at night for the whole trip. He managed to do star tours twice that week we were down, usually one ride and he is done with everything for the day and that ride for the week.

I take Bonine (2 pills) at bedtime starting 2 days before the trip (helps with the flight too, if there is turbulence) and take it daily for the whole trip. I still avoid "spinny" rides like teacups (spinning is my kryptonite) but I can handle coasters, ride simulators, and the more intense dark rides like TSMM as long as I take the pills. Bonine is less drowsy (than Dhramamine) anyway but taking it at night lets me sleep off what little sleepiness I do get.

I find it helps to space rides out too, no doing intense rides back-to-back, but wait times usually force this anyway, even with FP.

Also keeping a pleasantly full (but not stuffed) stomach helps me, counter intuitive I know but whatever works, right?

If all else fails and I feel it coming on during a ride (rare if I take the pills), I close my eyes for the rest of the ride, that will keep it from getting worse.

I used to feel meh coming off some rides particularly the ones with video and motion (like the Forbidden Journey in Universal). A friend said that getting used to being upside down helps with that. I was highly skeptical but whenever I was at the gym, I would take some straps and bend over backward-ish like a bridge but modified for my lack of flexibility. The stretch felt good so I did it fairly often. Sure enough. At our last visit to the parks I didn’t feel any inner ear issues coming off of Star Tours or the Matterhorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter