autograph books

kidzmom3

<font color=green>DIS Veteran</font><br><font colo
Hi, we were at WDW last year and already have the blue autograph book. I was looking to buy an autograph book plain; or maybe with a character on the cover but I am having trouble finding any. Does anyone have any ideas on where to find a pre-made autograph books. There are some good ideas on how to make a special one, but we leave soon, and I have 3 kids to make one for. So any help would be great! thanks

Could you find a plain one at a store and decopage a character on the front of it? You could download a multitude of different pictures from different web sites (i.e. www.disneyclipart.com) and put a child's favorite character on the plain autograph book to disney-ize it.

Have you checked e-bay for one? Just an idea there.

a plain one is a great idea, any ideas on where to find one?

I found some on www.ebay.com. There were a few WDW ones never been used. I found a smiley face one from www.oriental.com. Just let your fingers do the walkin' with a search!

If all else fails, there are small books for journals at Ross or maybe you can find something that would work at Michaels.

Good luck and have a great trip!!!!!!

We saw inexpensive spiral-bound autograph books with Disney covers at the Publix near WDW (in the Main Gate East area.) I think they were < $3. We didn't buy them because we had other autograph plans. We had the characters autograph 6" fabric squares which will someday be made into a quilt. (I made a hard surface out of a 6" square of foam board, and attached a stack of fabric squares with an Acco fastener. The kids just flipped to the next square for each character.)

I also brought a plain zippered tote bag (< $5 at WalMart) and an embroidery hoop to hold a section of it taut. Now I have my own autograph tote bag. I'm going to use fabric paint and a potato to make potato-print Mickey heads on it.

9yo DD bought a white hat with the characters on it at one of the kiosks and had the characters autograph the hat. It won't hold a huge number of autographs, but we didn't spend a lot of time in character lines anyway. 3yoDD bought a pink hat with the princesses, and just got Cinderella and Snow White to sign it.

How about a small inexpensive photo album? If you don't have time now to do any printing of pictures, then you could take note cards for the characters to sign. When you get home slip that in one side and a picture of the character with your child on the other. Another thought is take a plain autograph book and buy some Disney stickers to dress it up.

Barb, I've been thinking about using your fabric square idea, but I don't want the kids fighting over it. Plus the last thing I need is another sewing or craft project. I'm leaning toward taking either totally plain T-shirts or sailor hats (dh is Navy, and we have a few of these in dress-up box) for autographs. My kids liked the extra attention characters gave them because of the elaborate books I made last time. I don't know if I want to cart those around again, though. I've tried suggesting no autographs - just pictures, but it's an idea whose time has not yet come.

i would love to do the plain autograph books, any ideas on where to get one. I have looked everywhere and can't find a one.

kidzmom3--

Have you tried Michael's or another craft store? Look in the scrapbooking dept. for a mini-scrapbook with blank pages. I can't remember the company that made the one I saw at Michael's, but they made a couple that might work for you. Both were spiral bound, with a cardboard-type solid colored cover. The pages were cardstock weight (if I remember correctly) with no lines. Anyway, one was about 4-5 inches square and the other was larger, maybe 6X8 inches.

I personally decided to go with a small inexpensive photo album. I'll paper clip a card to the album so the character has something firm to sign on, then slip the autograph into a photo pocket when it's done. The pages would be protected with the (polyethelyne--?) pockets and I can add photos of my kids with the characters opposite their autograph. This way the kids can look through their books repeatedly without damaging them. I also plan to scan the autographs to use on regular scrapbook pages later.

Of course, this is my plan and I haven't tried it yet...but I'm hoping it works!! :D

Travelitis, I got fabric for all three of my kids to make quilts, but decided it would be way too much hassle to deal with 3 sets of squares, plus sew three quilts. We're doing a family quilt instead. I actually made two of the foam-board-acco-fastener surfaces, and had DS get the male characters and DD get the females. We only got about 10 or so since we didn't have time to stand in a lot of lines, so it will be a fairly small wall hanging. I'll post a picture when we get it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter