• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Australian prices and itineraries are up

...and its ridiculous. They're pricing it similarly to the Wish. Nah, I'm good. It's only marginally more expensice for us to fly to the US and do back to back on the Fantasy.
I agree, for people who haven’t been they think it’s great, Facebook is blowing up!
But for those of us who cruise Disney these prices and itineraries are just horrible.

I think I’ll book the Feb 12 out of Sydney but I’m not sure.
Our alaska 8 night is almost this price

I can see the prices but it doesn’t show the actual itinerary of the port stops yet or am I just missing where this information is. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hm, I can select the south pacific category, but then no cruises are available. I think Disney's still working on uploading everything. I don't see a category for the Hawaiian cruises, either.

I'm not surprised about the prices. These are new itineraries and everything in Australia costs more, anyway.

Hm, I can select the south pacific category, but then no cruises are available. I think Disney's still working on uploading everything. I don't see a category for the Hawaiian cruises, either.

I'm not surprised about the prices. These are new itineraries and everything in Australia costs more, anyway.
I’m Australian, everything doesn’t cost more here. The pricing is high for no reason other than they know Aussies have no parks here so want this badly.

If you choose the departing port you can see the Aussie sailings.

The itineraries with stops are here
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...44_SpecialItineraries_WhatsNew_ChartPrice.pdf

I’m Australian, everything doesn’t cost more here. The pricing is high for no reason other than they know Aussies have no parks here so want this badly.

If you choose the departing port you can see the Aussie sailings.

The itineraries with stops are here
https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...44_SpecialItineraries_WhatsNew_ChartPrice.pdf
OK. Many, many things, especially American things, cost more in Australia. I know this because every time something new is released, people in Australia complain that it costs more in Australia. Often, quite a lot more!

I'm confused. On the Disney cruise line website, it states that there will be a 4-night cruise for Sydney to Hobart Feb 12 to 16, 2024. But I thought that the Wonder is suppose to be in Sydney on Feb 16, 2024 to begin its transpacific crossing to Honolulu. :confused3

I'm confused. The website states that the Wonder will cruise to Hobart from Sydney on Feb 12 to 16, 2024. But on Feb 16, 2024, the Wonder is suppose to be in Sydney to begin its transpacific crossing to Honolulu.

It will be back in Sydney on the 16th and will leave the same day

Once you disembark they get it ready pretty quickly for the next sailing

Yes the prices are ridiculous, cheaper to fly to LA and cruise from San Diego. I will still book a cruise though, but instead of my usual verandah I may have to go for an inside cabin, especially as I was hoping to do the first Sydney cruise and then two from my home port of Brisbane.

What am I missing? 4 and 3 nights - B2B Auckland starting at $4,600 total for 3? I must be numbed by Disney prices because I don't think that's bad at all. I think that's close to B2B pricing on the Dream, isn't it? And it's cheaper than a lot of cruises on the Fantasy, especially holiday/summer.

What am I missing? 4 and 3 nights - B2B Auckland starting at $4,600 total for 3? I must be numbed by Disney prices because I don't think that's bad at all. I think that's close to B2B pricing on the Dream, isn't it? And it's cheaper than a lot of cruises on the Fantasy, especially holiday/summer.
I pay that for 7+ nights on Fantasy and even the Wonder to Alaska I'm paying not much over $5 for 8 nights so yes, these prices are very high.

When I can fly to the USA and also combine my cruise with a trip to Disney Parks then the value is 100% not with these Aussie sailings.
I was hoping to do two, but will be doing one instead.

I honestly think $6700 for 2 adults and a kid for four nights is too much. We’re sailing Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas next January on pretty much the same dates (school holidays) and we’re paying $4000 for the three of us with a balcony and that’s seven nights. I’d be putting that money towards going overseas again.

I honestly think $6700 for 2 adults and a kid for four nights is too much. We’re sailing Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas next January on pretty much the same dates (school holidays) and we’re paying $4000 for the three of us with a balcony and that’s seven nights. I’d be putting that money towards going overseas again.
Yep agreed, I might do one if they get discounted as the dates approach.
Until then I’ll be spending my money on flights to somewhere.

I originally only looked at the cruises out of Auckland. $4000NZD for our family of 4 on a 3 night, or $5000NZD for the 4 night. I think that is pretty good and very similar to what we paid last time we cruised a 4 night on the Dream.

Looks like the ones out of Australia might be quite a bit more expensive which seems weird,

Although I’m surprised by everyone saying they’ll fly to the US instead for not much more. I recently priced a Disneyland trip and had to give up on the idea because flights alone were $9000 for my family. I guess flights from NZ are way more expensive than from Australia right now.

The Auckland ones are a lot cheaper. I thought the same as you, that the pricing isn’t bad, and was surprised by these comments about it being ridiculously expensive. But just looked at the prices from Australia and they are much higher

I originally only looked at the cruises out of Auckland. $4000NZD for our family of 4 on a 3 night, or $5000NZD for the 4 night. I think that is pretty good and very similar to what we paid last time we cruised a 4 night on the Dream.

Looks like the ones out of Australia might be quite a bit more expensive which seems weird,

Although I’m surprised by everyone saying they’ll fly to the US instead for not much more. I recently priced a Disneyland trip and had to give up on the idea because flights alone were $9000 for my family. I guess flights from NZ are way more expensive than from Australia right now.
They aren't more expensive from NZ than Australia, the difference is you're getting more "bang for your buck" so to speak.
When we go to the US for our cruise we also go to the Disney parks, we are going on a whole adventure lasting weeks.
To spend more on a trip like this for me is worth it, I'd rather save double or triple and get an entire month long vacation than spend this type of money on 4 nights.

You're comparing different seasons. Jan here is winter. Jan there is summer there - peak season. RC and Disney prices are much higher here in the summer.

I pay that for 7+ nights on Fantasy and even the Wonder to Alaska I'm paying not much over $5 for 8 nights so yes, these prices are very high.

When I can fly to the USA and also combine my cruise with a trip to Disney Parks then the value is 100% not with these Aussie sailings.
I was hoping to do two, but will be doing one instead.

A 5 night Fantasy in July is $5,776! Jan is Australia's summer - peak season - and a 6 night from Sydney is $4,870. Still not sure what people are comparing or looking at but you can't compare off-season to peak season. (The cheapest 8 night Alaskan is $4,501 so not that much difference.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter