Australian Karen's Trip report: be gentle with me

Thanks Karen for such a great report. Can't wait for next years instalment. You have even got me looking at a 2103 cruise just to test the waters so to speak. Maybe just a little Bahams DCL cruise.

thanks guys, the DH enjoyed the read as well...great to remember bits and pieces...and our clown car will always have a soft spot in our hearts:rotfl2:
Cruising is a great way to see things in style..so we highly recomend it..and disney does it so well.

so get your TR's out.......lets compare food ......

115 days til Disney in Hawaii.....:cloud9:

Wow - I thoroughly enjoyed your TR, mainly because you write with such wit and sarcasm. My two favourite things :rotfl2:.

Loved all the pictures and the commentary, I truly felt like I was there with you.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Thanks for a great trip report. I love reading along. The cruise photos were my favourite because after one cruise I fell in love with DCL!

You'll have to make sure to do a TR on your next trip now!!

Thanks for all the encouraging comments...

I got my photopass CD today:banana: so here are a few more shots :)

I love how all 300+ photos turned out, it was the best $99 we spent.....well worth pre-purchasing online, saves you $50 from the $149 park price.

love the TR -- hope mine turns out even 1/10th as good!

also... i just turned to my SO and said 'honey, i think we need to book a Disney Cruise in 2013'...

lol. you make it look easy & fabulous, when we all know travel can be tiring & exhausting.. hope you had the most amazing trip :)

Oh Karen, what a great trip report!! I just thought I'd start reading it while I was eating my lunch on my lunch break but I couldn't stop reading it so have put down my work for a lot longer than I had planned. :lmao: The Disney boats do look lovely but I loved Freedom of the Seas :love: However, your room service dinner looked amazing and, although we never did room service dinner, I can't imagine RCCL's would be like that.

Oh Karen, what a great trip report!! I just thought I'd start reading it while I was eating my lunch on my lunch break but I couldn't stop reading it so have put down my work for a lot longer than I had planned. :lmao: The Disney boats do look lovely but I loved Freedom of the Seas :love: However, your room service dinner looked amazing and, although we never did room service dinner, I can't imagine RCCL's would be like that.

hey there

I have to admit, we enjoyed freedom of the seas more than the Disney wonder...on freedom we had a junior suite, and it was still $1500 cheaper than the disney suite upgrade..the activities were more to our liking and there was so much more to do on our at sea days :)

Here's a few of our favourite shots from October 2010 on freedom of the seas

our junior suite on FOS

enjoying a welcome aboard cocktail

Jamaica..huge ship

Dining room

Cooking class...awesome

So freedom was awesome......will do it again in a heart beat:cheer2: and I'm a Disney fanatic...

Great photopass photo - I have told everyone on the next trip we are stopping whenever we can for the photopass man, and everyone is carrying a card. On the last trip we didn't make the most of it.

seriously folks, you have to use the photo pass......they do a great job, and you get shots you normally wouldn't get..plus the quality is good enough to enlarge etc.....better than our dinky handheld cameras can do...

if you dont have your card, just keep getting a new one from the photographer, then load them all on....works great...so no excuses to not getting those night time main street shots due to lack of card:rolleyes1

Love your TR and pics, had a little giggle at the clown car too LOL

Wow Karen, you do travel in style on cruises!! :thumbsup2 I was so excited just to get my first balcony cabin while we were on Freedom as I've only ever had Oceanview on our past cruises. :lmao:

Thanks for posting the great photos and that's really interesting to hear your thoughts on Disney versus Freedom. I thought the Disney boat looked lovely from the outside but I knew that a Disney cruise after two weeks of Disney would be far too much for my DH so never even considered it :rotfl2:

Wow Karen, you do travel in style on cruises!! :thumbsup2 I was so excited just to get my first balcony cabin while we were on Freedom as I've only ever had Oceanview on our past cruises. :lmao:

Thanks for posting the great photos and that's really interesting to hear your thoughts on Disney versus Freedom. I thought the Disney boat looked lovely from the outside but I knew that a Disney cruise after two weeks of Disney would be far too much for my DH so never even considered it :rotfl2:

I do enjoy a bit of luxury when I travel.....too many years wiith the kids at motels and camping.....I'm old and need my comforts now:banana:

I think we wont do a disney cruise again, just doesnt really cater for what we are looking for at our stage of life.....Royal carribbean is our first choice now.pirate:

Hi Karen how did you pre purchase your photo pass I tried looking it up on the disney website but it only has the $149 price?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter