Austin, TX or Oklahoma City DISers?

texasbelle12

Mouseketeer
Hello!

Any DISers in Austin or OKC? I recently moved to OKC from ATX, but FREQUENTLY visit ATX to see family and friends. I also really want to host a DIS meet sometimes in the next year or two-anyone else game? I interned for Make-A-Wish two years ago and have seen how much GKTW helps the wish families. It's such a fantastic organization and I would love to help!

Thanks!

I just moved to Austin from Seattle last summer. I'm new to the boards (long time reader, new poster) and wanted to participate in the GKTW meet happening today, but heard about it too late since they're booked full.

I was thinking it might be cool to do a meet for when Maleficent comes out on May 30th and catch the movie.

I'm open to any other ideas though. ::yes::

I just moved to Austin from Seattle last summer. I'm new to the boards (long time reader, new poster) and wanted to participate in the GKTW meet happening today, but heard about it too late since they're booked full. I was thinking it might be cool to do a meet for when Maleficent comes out on May 30th and catch the movie. I'm open to any other ideas though. ::yes::

Same here! I am in the DFW area for the weekend but realized it too late to sign up...oh well, maybe next year!

The Maleficient meet sounds great! I cannot wait for it to come out, and will probably see it multiple times. Hopefully there are some other DISers in the ATX area, and I hope you are enjoying my hometown! I'm ready to be back in April!

I am currently in OKC, but really don't know how much longer I will be here. We are looking to move to Florida within the next month or two, but have to see about a couple more things. But I have some awesome places here that I can recommend!

I am currently in OKC, but really don't know how much longer I will be here. We are looking to move to Florida within the next month or two, but have to see about a couple more things. But I have some awesome places here that I can recommend!

After the winter we've been having, Florida seems like a great place to move to! Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. We've been in the area since August but haven't had the chance to go to OKC much so I'm not very familiar with it.

After the winter we've been having, Florida seems like a great place to move to! Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. We've been in the area since August but haven't had the chance to go to OKC much so I'm not very familiar with it.

A couple places worth noting...

1. Sean Cummings Irish Pub on May Ave. Traditional pub (don't go in expecting it to be an Americanized Irish pub), traditional food, and nightly live Irish music. It is family friendly up until 9 or 10pm, at which point it is 21 and over (not that it gets crazy...same atmosphere, just wanting to limit age), and I have even taken my toddlers there. It is on my mind because I will be heading there this evening.

2. Coffee Slingers on Broadway and 10th. They buy and roast their own beans and have the best lattes in town.

3. If you like bubble tea (although they'll make any drink without the tapioca and gels), Teapioca Lounge on 23rd and Western is absolutely fantastic. Their menu is huge.

Let me know what you like/don't like and I will try to help out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter