Aulani: What's the One Thing You Wish You Knew?

This is a great thread! We are planning to go in October, 2016. We plan on arriving on a Friday staying in Honolulu one night then taking the 7 day cruise on NCL's Pride of America to see some other islands. Then we plan on 8 nights at Aulani. My DBFF has some mobility issues so we plan on doing some excursions through the resort (Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center) and some things on our own. We will be renting a car.
Someone mentioned that the seating at the Starlit Hui was on grass mats. Are there chairs available for those who can not sit on the ground? If you go to the beach where the sea turtles are is it easier to walk along the beach or along the path in front of the resorts?

There are some chairs available to watch Starlit Hui. You need to get there early to claim those. The beaches where the turtles/monk seals are in front/behind the new Four Seasons. The path ends at the end of the lagoon for Aulani and the FS. There is no path there...only sand and/or rocks.

Sounds like an amazing trip. Happy planning! :beach:

For all you aviation enthusiasts, the lagoon beach is a great place to watch planes approaching HNL airport in the landing pattern.

Last edited:
Any tips/reviews for the Spa at Aulani? Thinking about doing a couples package (we're honeymooning) but of course it's pricey, so would love to know if its worth it!

Another question. Are there salt and pepper shakers in the rooms? We plan on doing some cooking and making a list of things we might need.

Another question. Are there salt and pepper shakers in the rooms? We plan on doing some cooking and making a list of things we might need.
I can't remember! We brought our own seasonings in a divided pill container. But I do know that you can get butter, sugar, salt, and pepper, in packets or ask at the restaurants.

The spa is WONDERFUL! Make sure to take time before or after your treatment to enjoy the hydrotherapy garden. It's definitely worth it.

Has anyone noticed that they post the daily iwa up on the aulani website? I was just looking around today and saw the next few days posted.

With that said, I saw that they now charge for a bunch of the fitness classes :( They used to be free, now they are $15 per class. Does anyone know when they started to consider the yoga classes a premium activity?

Last edited:
Maybe it was just the ones they listed on the daily iwa that were an extra charge. I hope so because I really enjoyed starting my day with yoga on the beach. Thanks for checking.

-Heidi

You're welcome, Heidi! Hope your choice of yoga class is complimentary! The Daily Iwa is great, just don't forget to pick up the next day's version the evening before. They do not deliver them to your room. Have fun!

Has anyone noticed that they post the daily iwa up on the aulani website? I was just looking around today and saw the next few days posted.
Great tip on the daily iwa posting on-line. That helps when looking ahead a few days to plan for the kids to visit Aunty's and participate in specific activities.

Speaking of the Daily 'Iwa, why does it skip from tuesday to friday? Are there no activities on those days or did I miss something?

I'm here now. DW called. No longer complimentary. Today they're offering Sunrise and Ocean Yoga - both premium experiences

Last edited:
If you drive down to the bottom level of the parking garage, there is another exit onto `Olani Street. From there, you can easily turn left at a traffic light on Ali`inui Drive to head back to the highway. This avoids having to do a U-turn on Ali`inui drive itself.

You can also enter the garage here, with a room key, even though it says Cast Member parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter