Aulani Stay - rack rate?

one word of caution on getting facial on vacation. Most facials recommend that you stay out of the sun after, ensure that you or your daughter follow that advice. When we were in Maui on a company outing, one woman got a facial and went snorkeling the next day and her face was beet red at dinner.

one word of caution on getting facial on vacation. Most facials recommend that you stay out of the sun after, ensure that you or your daughter follow that advice. When we were in Maui on a company outing, one woman got a facial and went snorkeling the next day and her face was beet red at dinner.
Ohhhhh this is fantastic advice!! I have never gotten a facial on an outdoorsy vacation before, so that advice has never stuck in my head!! Thank so much for that reminder because I was considering one on an upcoming beach trip!! You saved me!

We just returned from our stay in a two bedroom island garden view. We had our adult kids with us and we decided that next visit we will probably spread it out to a few studios or hotel rooms. Having the kitchen I felt we needed to do Costco and be cooking a few meals. There’s quite a bit of dining options in the immediate area and I decided I don’t really like to cook and do dishes on vacation anymore. The kitchen in the one and two bedroom is the same size. It’s definitely adequate but compared to a kitchen at home it was cramped, so doesn’t really lend to group help. The rack rates are pretty high on the one bedroom ov. If you willing to go for a couple connecting hotel rooms or studios it might save quite a chunk. We had ground floor facing the luau so basically a free show for us on luau nights. Also no waiting for elevators and quick access to pools. There’s no shortage of ways to part with $ on property. If you plan spa time at the beginning of the trip your probably going to try and squeeze in more visits. It’s one of the best spas around but $$$.

I also felt having all of us in the two bedroom unit didn’t necessarily provide the same level of privacy as you’d have at home. Living room is adequate sized but again, pretty small compared to a typical house gathering place. Separate hotel rooms or connecting rooms would be great to give everyone a little more quiet time.

Aulani is one of our home resorts. Summer vacation is going to be pretty impossible to grab at this point. I booked our spring break stay almost 10 months in advance.

We have 2 kids 5 and 8 and are not DVC. We just got back and had 5 nights rack rate in a 2 BR. We did it because there were no 1 BR available. So you're not crazy to consider it. We opted not to buy points due to the inflexibility with cancellations and everything with COVID ( we booked in Dec when omicron was in full force). I think it's a great gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter