Aulani Questions

Golden Rose

Princess by Choice
We will be staying at Aulani for the first time soon, and I realized I still have a few questions. We are DVC members staying on points, if it matters.

Do we/can we make advance reservations for Auntie's Beach House? If the kids are there, can we actually leave the property for a couple of hours, or do they want you to stay close by on resort grounds?

I've heard good things about the spa, and wondered how hard it is to schedule treatments. Is it worth it to be sure to try something, and if so, what is particularly interesting or unique to the resort?

We're taking the advice we've seen offered here and planning on going by Costco to stock up on food since we'll be in a 2 bedroom and have a kitchen. I know I've seen particular suggestions in the past for things to pick up, but I couldn't find the recommendations.

How much do the scheduled activities vary from week to week, and how far in advance can you get the schedule?

How crowded are the various family pool areas right now? Is it stressful to try to get a couple of chairs together? I'm partially trying to decide if it is worth it to try to book a cabana for a day or two...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Great post.

I can't help you I'm afraid as my first trip will be this October. But I'm extra interested in the answers you get, particularly those related to the spa. I'd love to hear about people's spa experiences - everything from the treatment, to the hydrotherapy garden, to the complimentary pulu body scrub they make up for you. It all sounds so devine (and usually I'm not much of a spa person).

We were there last June and it was very crowded. I thought the best seats near the pool were the ones facing the ocean and I had no problem saving those early before breakfast. There is a time limit so you must sit in these chairs within an hour? I believe. We brought our old beach towels for this purpose. The staff will fold up the towels as sort of a warning that your seats are going to be open to others soon. As for the spa. I was not blown away. The outdoor area with aroma showers, cold and hot tubs, is interesting and fun, but as I recall there was a bit of a time limit beforehand and then I think you could hang around after your treatment if you wanted to. There was also a room with loungers, magazines and cookies. I didn't think I'd like to sit in there as much as I'd like to hang in the sun looking at Hawaii so I didn't stay. My massage was average and I didn't know until later that I could have chosen what music I wanted. There are several styles. Enjoy your stay! We Did!

We will be staying at Aulani for the first time soon, and I realized I still have a few questions. We are DVC members staying on points, if it matters.

Do we/can we make advance reservations for Auntie's Beach House? If the kids are there, can we actually leave the property for a couple of hours, or do they want you to stay close by on resort grounds?

I've heard good things about the spa, and wondered how hard it is to schedule treatments. Is it worth it to be sure to try something, and if so, what is particularly interesting or unique to the resort?

We're taking the advice we've seen offered here and planning on going by Costco to stock up on food since we'll be in a 2 bedroom and have a kitchen. I know I've seen particular suggestions in the past for things to pick up, but I couldn't find the recommendations.

How much do the scheduled activities vary from week to week, and how far in advance can you get the schedule?

How crowded are the various family pool areas right now? Is it stressful to try to get a couple of chairs together? I'm partially trying to decide if it is worth it to try to book a cabana for a day or two...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

We didn't use Aunty's (our kids were 11 and 9 and refused to go), but from what I read, you line up when Aunty's opens each morning to make reservations for the day. You cannot call, you have to physically get in line. At least that is how it worked as of this past October. I'm thinking maybe the activities you pay extra for allow advance reservations, but I'm not sure.

DD (who was 9 at the time) and I both had pedicures at the spa and they were wonderful! We were in the same room, with me in a massage chair and DD on a stool, I think. I was surprised they don't have pedi chairs for kids, but DD didn't care. DD got beautiful Minnie toes... very unique! I let DD pick out my polish and she chose an orange/coral color. I asked for white Hawaiian flowers painted onto my nails and they were gorgeous! Of course I paid a fortune (nail art is extra), but it was so special. I didn't use any of the spa amenities since DD was with me.

We didn't cook much, so I can't help there. We were planning to grill one night, but the fish at Safeway and Target looked terrible. We ordered pizza instead.

We checked in on a Sunday and got a weekly overview schedule that listed highlights for each day. Then every day you can pick up the Daily Iwa from the front desk. Since we were only there 5 nights, I can't say whether the activities changed from week to week.

We noticed a huge difference in pool chair availability on the weekends vs weekdays. Weekends were very busy, but weekdays we never had a problem. Of course that was in the "off" season in October. I would think spring break might bring in more crowds.

You will love Aulani. We can't wait to go back someday!

We took our daughter to auntys and she loved it. We went to diamond head for the day while she was there and paid for a meal for her and extra activity. So as of that time you could leave the property (about a year and a half ago) she would have rather gone to auntys everyday I think. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter