Aulani Luau is back!!

We are planning to do the luau when we're there in early June. I'm wondering if there will be some flexibility with the food. I understand why it needs to be a plated meal now, but what happens if you don't care for several of the items? My husband isn't much for seafood and would probably prefer some the kids options. And I will have an 11 year old that we'll pay for as a Disney adult, but he definitely won't care for the adult options. I'm hoping they would be able to bring more of some items or bring a child plate to an adult.

I really don't remember much seafood on the buffet line. It was mostly kalua pork, chicken, veggies, cold salads, fruit. I am sure if you contact them, they will let you know the menu and can keep off any items that you don't want. If you google Aulani luau, there will be a ton of pictures that pop up of the food that they served before covid. I can't imagine that they would change the options that much.

What about these alternatives

Chief's Luau
Paradise Cove
Fia Fia
We have lived in Hawaii for 20 years and dearly love Paradise Cove. Not only the Luau but the cove offers a hukilau , throw net fishing, lei making class and much more all included. It is located on acres of pristine land. Enjoy!!

We are planning to do the luau when we're there in early June. I'm wondering if there will be some flexibility with the food. I understand why it needs to be a plated meal now, but what happens if you don't care for several of the items? My husband isn't much for seafood and would probably prefer some the kids options. And I will have an 11 year old that we'll pay for as a Disney adult, but he definitely won't care for the adult options. I'm hoping they would be able to bring more of some items or bring a child plate to an adult.
We are also planning to do the Luau with Preferred seats on our trip in early June,We will be bringing a newborn,a 18 month old,a 6 year old,a 10 year old and a 12 almost 13 year old and my husband and me,so I am definitely interested in the kids food if they are booked as a adult,I know my oldest likes new food and is not a picky eater,10 year old might try some new stuff but my 6 year old is the kid that only eats burgers,fries and chicken tenders when we go to the Mexican restaurant lol 😂 anyways if you feel comfortable sharing what dates will you be there? Jw

We are also planning to do the Luau with Preferred seats on our trip in early June,We will be bringing a newborn,a 18 month old,a 6 year old,a 10 year old and a 12 almost 13 year old and my husband and me,so I am definitely interested in the kids food if they are booked as a adult,I know my oldest likes new food and is not a picky eater,10 year old might try some new stuff but my 6 year old is the kid that only eats burgers,fries and chicken tenders when we go to the Mexican restaurant lol 😂 anyways if you feel comfortable sharing what dates will you be there? Jw
We will be at Aulani June 1-June 8th. Planning to do the luau on Friday the 4th. It will be my husband and I, my 8 (almost 9) yo daughter and 11 yo son.

My wife and I will be there June 4-10 and have booked the Luau for Tuesday, June 8.

We will be at Aulani June 1-June 8th. Planning to do the luau on Friday the 4th. It will be my husband and I, my 8 (almost 9) yo daughter and 11 yo son.
We will be at Aulani June 1st-June 15th and also have the Luau booked on the 4th,it will be our party of 7 (me,my husband,12 year old daughter,10 year old son,6 year old daughter,18 month old son and newborn son who at the latest I would be getting induced in mid-May)

With it being plated food now, does anyone know if we can have seconds? My 13 year old has a very hearty appetite and I prefer not having a still hungry child afterwards!

Just wondering - Did they decrease the capacity for the luau?

I’m not sure about the capacity but I did talk with them earlier today and they said the table set-up was going to be different. Instead of the long tables they had previously that were shared amongst groups, it’s now going to be one individual table per group without any sharing.

With it being plated food now, does anyone know if we can have seconds? My 13 year old has a very hearty appetite and I prefer not having a still hungry child afterwards!

Just wondering - Did they decrease the capacity for the luau?
I was told it would be plated, but we can ask for more. Yeah!

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but "preferred" books into year 2046... general still books into 2021

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but "preferred" books into year 2046... general still books into 2021

This was my question!! I was hoping someone here would have an answer. The preferred seating says January 2032. Is there a date they're booking TO? I could always just call I suppose...

Just wondering if anyone has tried out the luau since it reopened... If so, how was it?

This was my question!! I was hoping someone here would have an answer. The preferred seating says January 2032. Is there a date they're booking TO? I could always just call I suppose...
My best guest is that they are no longer offering preferred seating for now. I also noticed that they were sold out for the month of April.

My best guest is that they are no longer offering preferred seating for now. I also noticed that they were sold out for the month of April.

The site started working correctly a couple of days ago, The date entry calendar is now current. I got a couple of spots for the end of May, and my date is now sold out. In fact, many dates have sold out since I first saw this working on Wednesday. So I'd hurry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter