Aulani island garden view

StormalongKay

Mouseketeer
Just curious - for those that have stayed at Aulani already - did you like the island gardens view? Were these rooms on the opposite side of the building from the pool? Low floor or high floor?

My understanding is that the "standard" views are on the outside of the building below the 6th floor. "Island Garden Views" are on the outside but 6th floor and above. We had this view and it was essentially a view of the JW Marriott hotel next door. "Great" view? Not really, but there have been so many complaints about the "ocean view" rooms that give you very little of an actual ocean view that you have to deceide if the higher points are worth it.

Thanks so much. I had already decided not to spend the points for Ocean view when I booked, but had wanted poolside gardens view. That wasn't available at the 7 month mark. So unless my wait list comes through, I'll have island gardens. Honestly view doesn't matter as much to us- just excited to be going to Aulani!

We just got back from aulani. And must say I loved it but. The island garden view is not the best. We were in room 709. And had a wonderful view of the Marriott and the spa hot tubs U could see the ocean but not the greatest. The best ocean view rooms on the end are all the grand villas. They are impressive. The balcony is the full width. Of the building. That being said I would go back in a heartbeat but would probably get at least the pool view..

Hi cotris, welcome to the disboards! Thanks so much for your reply. I am hoping my pool view wait list comes through. If not, at least I'll have a short walk to the spa!

What was your favorite part of Aulani?

We are in an island garden view, 4th floor. We aren't picky about the view, so it is fine with us. I'd rather use less points and stay longer.:thumbsup2

Just reading along. Going to Aulani as well, have garden pool view. Just love to read all I can about it! :goodvibes

We are in an island garden view, 4th floor. We aren't picky about the view, so it is fine with us. I'd rather use less points and stay longer.:thumbsup2

I agree with boiseflyfisher, we are going in May and are staying in a poolside view studio for 1 night, an ocean view studio for 3 nights and a 1 bedroom garden view for 6 nights. What I should have done when I originally booked the Aulani was to get a standard view and been able to stay in a 1 bedroom for the whole 10 nights! Oh well! I still can't wait to go. I am hearing such great things about Aulani! May can't come fast enough for me! :woohoo:

I stayed in an Ocean View studio when we stayed on points, which was stunning. We went back weekend before last and stayed in a hotel room on a kamaaina rate, booked the cheapest view they called "island view".

We thought it was gorgeous. Room 536.
2012-01-21%2B13.26.39.jpg

I stayed in an Ocean View studio when we stayed on points, which was stunning. We went back weekend before last and stayed in a hotel room on a kamaaina rate, booked the cheapest view they called "island view".

We thought it was gorgeous. Room 536.
2012-01-21%2B13.26.39.jpg

Taaren,
I agree-that view is gorgeous! I hope I am as lucky. Thanks for posting the picture, it gives me something to daydream about while I count down my days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter