Aulani..How far is resort from Honolulu airport?

What is wrong with the ferry service?? It sounds environmently friendly to me.:confused3
Is there any other way to travel between islands beside flying?

No there isn't. :(

A small group of very vocal environmentalists were able to get a court injunction that caused the Superferry to stop sailing, which essentially put them out of business. It was all about an EIS not being done, a judge finally ruled it needed to be done and that stopped the sailing. We were able to take it a few times to Maui before it was stopped and it was great, though a little rough. (rough waters out there)

Could it be the airlines that was behind this? how much does it cost to fly between island vs the fair of the Superferry ?

Locals know to go early. :) But you're right...parking is super limited at all lagoons but the last one. The last lagoon has the most parking, next to the marina. Beaches are open to the public, as all are in HI (except the military bases.)

I wonder if as a DVC member, I'll be allowed to pool-hop there? I'm not sure how the pool-hopping works at the other DVC resorts.[/QUOTE]

Pool hopping at the current DVC resorts only works if you are staying there on a reservation book with Member Services.

Marriott parking is free to all MVCI and MVCD members whether they own or not. They do charge other for self parking and valet.

We stayed at the Marriott KoOlina two years ago. My brother in law and his wife own there. We shared the two bedroom we had the studio part. We paid parking I think $10 a night when we stayed. Guess they only cover one car. :confused3

We stayed at the Marriott KoOlina two years ago. My brother in law and his wife own there. We shared the two bedroom we had the studio part. We paid parking I think $10 a night when we stayed. Guess they only cover one car. :confused3
If you were staying on their week you should not have been charged. If staying on an exchange, not sure what the rule is for a non owner staying with an owner.

Locals know to go early. :) But you're right...parking is super limited at all lagoons but the last one. The last lagoon has the most parking, next to the marina. Beaches are open to the public, as all are in HI (except the military bases.)

I wonder if as a DVC member, I'll be allowed to pool-hop there? I'm not sure how the pool-hopping works at the other DVC resorts.[/QUOTE]

Pool hopping at the current DVC resorts only works if you are staying there on a reservation book with Member Services.

Oh ok thanks, I couldn't recall what the rule was about that. I'm hoping to be to get a night here or there, we'll see!!! I'm a little afraid of being locked out by the 7 mo mark, since we aren't in the market to buy any more points. (we own BLT and SSR)

"Pool hopping" (using other pools while staying at a DVC resort on points) and "day use" (using pools and other guest facilities at our home resort when not staying there) are two different things.

At WDW, we have restricted "pool hopping" when staying at a DVC resort on points. We don't get "day use."

I don't expect "day use" for Aulani owners, and I certainly don't expect it for other DVC members who are not staying at the Aulani.

I don't expect either, and I do expect arm bands to be used. Seems to be popular with major resorts in HI. We recently used our points at the Grand Wailea and they made you get armbands everyday, when you checked out your towels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter