Aulani Honeymoon- August 2014

BKelly

Earning My Ears
Soooo excited! After over ten years together and finally getting married last September, we are finally going on our honeymoon!! :cool1:

We will be there for seven nights, one bedroom villa with ocean view the last week of August into September. I know that many rooms have an ocean view regardless.. but we have never taken a real vacation- just the two of us (plenty of vacations with the kids to WDW, of course!).

I have been researching crowds and capacity for this time of year, would anyone be able to offer any insight? Our flight is scheduled to arrive at
3:30pm into HNL, but I will be changing to an earlier flight time with an arrival at 1:30pm after reading about the weekday/rush hour traffic.

Thanks all- I am SO EXCITED!!

Hi! Currently, I live on the other side of the island from Aulani, so maybe I can provide a little insight. :) We visited Aulani last June for 4 days (for our anniversary/staycation) and the crowd there wasn't too bad. There were a few times that the line for tubes for the slides were long. The lines for the shave ice and food stand can get kind of long but not anywhere near a WDW like crowd or line. Not sure how crowds would be there in late August/early September, though. I would guess about the same as June but maybe slightly higher since it's around labor day. After going to WDW multiple times though, the crowds at Aulani are nothing! ;)

Also, definitely a good idea to change to the earlier flight that arrives at 1:30pm! Anything that arrives from 3 pm to 7 pm will be a nightmare in gridlock traffic on the H-1 trying to get from HNL out to Aulani, which is in the Ko'olina area. It is very quiet and beautiful out there and I love that corner of the island more than the windward side, which is where we are right now! (We are moving off island and back to the "mainland" the last week of August, actually.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter