Aulani early check in?

msaseifert

Hooked on Disney
You can check in 10 days prior right? Do they offer the text messages when your room is ready like at DW? We will be flying in on Fri and spending the night at a Marriott we booked with points. We figured we would hang out for a bit in the am but hit Costco/grocery store Saturday afternoon before checking into Aulani. Don't want groceries to sit around tooo long...was hoping a text message would let us know its OK to grocery shop.

If your room isn't ready when you arrive bell services can store the perishables in a cooler for you.

Frequently Asked Questions - Groceries

Groceries
  • Q:
    Where can I purchase groceries during my stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa?

A:
    At Aulani, you can shop from a limited selection of grocery items at Kālepa's Store. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can submit an order form to have groceries delivered to your room or villa.

Located near Aulani at Ko Olina Resort, Island Country Market features a full-service deli and groceries—like lunch meats, cheese, produce, salads, wine, beer and spirits. You can take advantage of complimentary shuttle transportation to Ko Olina Resort, with a convenient shuttle stop located just across the street from Aulani.
    At Aulani, you can shop from a limited selection of grocery items at Kālepa's Store. If you're a Disney Vacation Club Member, you can submit an order form to have groceries delivered to your room or villa.
    Read More

• Q:
    Can I store groceries at the Resort before check-in?

A:
    Due to space limitations, groceries cannot be stored at the Resort or delivered to your room prior to check-in.

Please check in to your room before you purchase perishable items or arrange to have groceries delivered.
    Due to space limitations, groceries cannot be stored at the Resort or delivered to your room prior to check-in.
    Show Less

Our first stop after getting off the plane is always Costco and Target. Even though I do online check in 10 days in advance, and arrive after 3, my room is never ever ever ready when I get there. I don't really care since I carry my swim suite in my carry on, so we just change and go play. Anyhow, I have never had an issue with them accepting my groceries, and I have seen them put everything in the refrigerators behind the valet station. They will text you when you're room is ready, but only if you're already on property.

Why both? What can you get at one that isn't carried by the other?

It all comes down to quantity :) We go to Costco for things we will have a lot of during our stay, like bottled water, lunch meat, snacks, croissants (for breakfast and sandwiches) and such. And I always buy my alcohol at Costco! Great selection and prices. Target is where we go for things like a jar of mayo, paper plates and plastic utensils, yogurt, fruit (because I don't need a Costco bundle of bananas!), and so on.

Just FYI, you have to bring your own bag to stores in Hawaii! I didn't know about, so had to buy Target re-usable grocery bags for $1 each while I was there. Cheap and I used them over and over, so it worked out. Speaking of re-usable bags, you should buy the Costco re-usable bags while you are there. It comes with two huge bags, and two medium bags, all with a Hawaiian themed design. I think it was like $9 for 4 bags. It's in the back by the ziplock bags on the lower shelf on the end.

Costco again is amazing guys - I didn't have the kitchenette I had the deluxe studio ocean view and they had WONDERFUL ready to heat and eat meals.

We didn't even request early check in but I know we arrived a bit early and they said the room was ready!

The cast members were such amazing people there truly blessed to have met them

They won't text you that the room is ready until you are at the hotel waiting for a room. Sometimes it's actually more likely for you to get into the room early if you get to the hotel early (like 10am). You would get that first bunch of rooms that were unoccupied the night before. I would suggest calling the resort to see if there is a room available before you head over, they should be able to give you an idea of the chances.

Do they still have the room for late flights? I remember there were showers and lockers along with a computer to print boarding passes?

It all comes down to quantity :) We go to Costco for things we will have a lot of during our stay, like bottled water, lunch meat, snacks, croissants (for breakfast and sandwiches) and such. And I always buy my alcohol at Costco! Great selection and prices. Target is where we go for things like a jar of mayo, paper plates and plastic utensils, yogurt, fruit (because I don't need a Costco bundle of bananas!), and so on.

Just FYI, you have to bring your own bag to stores in Hawaii! I didn't know about, so had to buy Target re-usable grocery bags for $1 each while I was there. Cheap and I used them over and over, so it worked out. Speaking of re-usable bags, you should buy the Costco re-usable bags while you are there. It comes with two huge bags, and two medium bags, all with a Hawaiian themed design. I think it was like $9 for 4 bags. It's in the back by the ziplock bags on the lower shelf on the end.

Thanks for the heads up about the bags! We will definitely check out the ones at Costco!

have you done this? the website says you can't pre order as they can't store the groceries? I was hoping to pre-order as we do at disney but based on the website didn't think it was possible.

Aulani actually does allow this particular service to deliver the groceries before you arrive. I was given the website by my Aulani Wedding Planner :) We just placed 4 orders for our 4 rooms next month and they called me to confirm everything.

Thanks -- We arrive on Saturday, so if this works it will save us an exhausted trip to the grocery store on arrival.

Thanks -- We arrive on Saturday, so if this works it will save us an exhausted trip to the grocery store on arrival.

They told me the way they do it is they deliver them to the resort early in the day and bell services actually stocks them in your room for you.

Have a great trip!

How early can one arrive & start using the facility on check-in day? TIA.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter