Aulani: DVC Ocean Room - which tower Waianae or Ewa tower? Floors?

Which tower would you pick?

• Waianae

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Ewa

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters
This is very helpful. I think the view of the Four Seasons would bother me too, so I'm leaning toward requesting a high floor in Waianae. How do you go about making a request for Aulani?

If you don't want a view of the Four Seasons, I think you will want to request Ewa per my earlier post.

I"m not sure if this will work but I found this picture of the view from Ewa tower and it shows the Four Seasons.

ocean-view-from-the-9th.jpg

Booked in a 1BR OV for our 1st stay... great thread and info so far! Also prefer the view and less noise as we are traveling as a family but our youngest will be 17 at the time we go! Following this helpful thread!

I"m not sure if this will work but I found this picture of the view from Ewa tower and it shows the Four Seasons.

ocean-view-from-the-9th.jpg

So that is the Four Seasons, but with the Aulani grounds in between. If you are in a room in the Waianae tower, which is the closest tower to the Four Seasons, and your room is on the right side of the hallway, it appears your view will be of the front driveway of the Four Seasons. I've never stayed in that tower so I could be wrong but thinking logically, it seems like the closer tower could potentially have an entire view of the Four Seasons. The closer tower is Waianae.

So that is the Four Seasons, but with the Aulani grounds in between. If you are in a room in the Waianae tower, which is the closest tower to the Four Seasons, and your room is on the right side of the hallway, it appears your view will be of the front driveway of the Four Seasons. I've never stayed in that tower so I could be wrong but thinking logically, it seems like the closer tower could potentially have an entire view of the Four Seasons. The closer tower is Waianae.

Ok I see what you're saying. In my case, I will have an OV room so I wouldn't see the Four Seasons if I were in the Waianae tower, but I would see it if I had an OV Ewa room.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]our room was 1482 in EWA tower, overlooking the pool. Amazing views!
Wow!!! We were in 482, ten floors below you. We enjoyed our room--the easy access via stairs and the price. But WOW what an amazing view!!!!! If we ever get back to Aulani, I know exactly where I want to be :) Thank you!!

Ok I see what you're saying. In my case, I will have an OV room so I wouldn't see the Four Seasons if I were in the Waianae tower, but I would see it if I had an OV Ewa room.
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I've never been in Waianae, but it seems from the way the building is pointing, there coukd possibly be rooms on the outside of the horseshoe that face the ocean (and the Four Seasons) too. Seems like the way to guarantee you won't see it is to say Waianae with pool AND ocean view, so you're guaranteed to be inside the horseshoe.

I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I've never been in Waianae, but it seems from the way the building is pointing, there coukd possibly be rooms on the outside of the horseshoe that face the ocean (and the Four Seasons) too. Seems like the way to guarantee you won't see it is to say Waianae with pool AND ocean view, so you're guaranteed to be inside the horseshoe.

Ah ok. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention that there are rooms on the outside of the horseshoe. Well, I also have another preference of the configuration of my OV studio with the bed and pullout couch facing in the same direction. So that might be my first priority.

Ah ok. I guess I wasn't paying enough attention that there are rooms on the outside of the horseshoe. Well, I also have another preference of the configuration of my OV studio with the bed and pullout couch facing in the same direction. So that might be my first priority.
Understand. But while we spent a lot of time relaxing at Aulani, we only turned our TV on once.....so keep that in mind too :)

Our bed and pullout sofa were on opposite walls, with the pullout closest to the balcony.

Understand. But while we spent a lot of time relaxing at Aulani, we only turned our TV on once.....so keep that in mind too :)

Yeah I don't mind so much the TV, but we're bringing my parents and I just think it would be less awkward if we weren't sleeping facing each other lol

Yeah I don't mind so much the TV, but we're bringing my parents and I just think it would be less awkward if we weren't sleeping facing each other lol

I was trying to post a picture with the pullout open, but I keep getting an error message. The two beds are not directly across from each other. In our room, the queen bed was close to the bathroom and the pullout was close to the balcony.

It doesn't feel like the grandparents in Willy Wonka.

Last edited:
I was trying to post a picture with the pullout open, but I keep getting an error message. The two beds are not directly across from each other. In our room, the queen bed was close to the bathroom and the pullout was close to the balcony.

It doesn't feel like the grandparents in Willy Wonks.

LOL, ok that's good! I appreciate you trying to post a picture though. I have a feeling there aren't many rooms with the pullout and bed side-by-side so we might just get what we get, and it will be fine.

Would this also be sunset view or morning view?

A couple visits ago, we received a top floor "ocean view" in the Waianae tower on the right side near the elevators that basically looked over the construction/remodel of what became the Four Seasons. Not my favorite view. It didn't ruin the trip for us, but I felt a little silly having expended the extra $$ on the view. I thought there was a mistake at first, but as the desk correctly pointed out, I could see the ocean over the buildings. We've been perfectly happy with our views on other stays. I like being inside the horseshoe. You should get a decent view of the sunset from pool/ocean Waianae, depending on how far south it's setting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter