aulani cabana rental-questions

We've stayed at all four of the main poolside cabanas. #1 provides the most shade. We actually prefer any of the other 3 for that reason. If I remember correctly the tree in front of #1 casts a shadow over #2 in the late afternoon. It seemed that we could move the loungers and extend the Sun-time, so we found it workable. #3 and #4 seemed to be shade-free for most, if not all of our visits. I didn't think traffic was too bad, but it's not something that I was looking for. It felt private enough for our family. The construction noise last November did not seem too intrusive.

You get a desert tray in the afternoon. We have dairy allergies in the family, so we usually declined, but it looked like a nice group of cakes (mostly chocolate).

We sadly left Aulani yesterday. My two favorite days where the days we reted Cabana #1. I could relax in the shade or part sun with a beautiful ocean view while the kids napped in the afternoon and someone brought me snacks and adult beverages. Too perfect.

I'm going to attempt to post pics, hopefully this will work. The majority of cabana pictures were taken around 7:30am.
Cabanas 2,3&4, one not visable in this pic

Cabanas 1&2

We sadly left Aulani yesterday. My two favorite days where the days we reted Cabana #1. I could relax in the shade or part sun with a beautiful ocean view while the kids napped in the afternoon and someone brought me snacks and adult beverages. Too perfect.

I'm going to attempt to post pics, hopefully this will work.
Cabanas 2,3&4, one not visable in this pic

Cabanas 1&2

Looking toward pool from #1

Tasty desserts

Cheese plate that we specially ordered & brought with us to the cabana

Even babies love this view

View of beach from cabana #1

Looking down row of cabanas. Most people closed the sides

:worship: Iggie - Thank you so much for posting those! From the lighting I am guessing that these pics were taken pretty early in the morning?! That is a LOT of shade over #1. Although I'm glad you were OK with it and that is a great view I am definitely calling the resort to make sure it's noted that we won't want that one!! Thank you again! Can't thank you enough!!

(Questions - are the 2 lounge chairs that are right in front of the cabanas dedicated to the cabanas or can any resort guests use those? Also, did you tip your attendants for anything other than when you ordered something - I mean like did you give them something extra at the end of the day regardless of how much your ordered or did you just run a tab or tip each time you ordered? I'm still trying to figure out the cabana etiquette. TIA)

(Oh, so you brought you own cheese plate...I thought they provided something in the morning & then something else in the afternoon?!)

You are very welcome. I'm happy to share and help out. The pics were taken around 7:30am, we snuck in before the cabana was technically open. We did have less shade as the day went on, but #1 does have the most shade.

The two lounge chairs out front are for cabana use only. We didn't tip extra than the usual food & beverage tip. The guys who brought us towels told us that they were not allowed to accept tipsb& our food server, while nice, didn't do anything different than she did for the non-cabana people who ordered food/drinks.

There is a delicious fresh fruit plate brought around 11am and a tasty dessert plate around 4pm. We like snacks and my 3yr old was eating constantly because she basically swam from 7am to 6pm daily, so we brought the Celebration Cheese Plate down with us.

You are very welcome. I'm happy to share and help out. The pics were taken around 7:30am, we snuck in before the cabana was technically open. We did have less shade as the day went on, but #1 does have the most shade.

The two lounge chairs out front are for cabana use only. We didn't tip extra than the usual food & beverage tip. The guys who brought us towels told us that they were not allowed to accept tipsb& our food server, while nice, didn't do anything different than she did for the non-cabana people who ordered food/drinks.

Oh that's REALLLLY early!! :rotfl: Another question. Looks like those are the only 2 lounge chairs for the cabana. Is that right? If we'd want another one to use rather than a reg. chair that looks like is provided can we steal a regular lounge chair & scootch it in there? There are 3 of us and I imagine we'll each want a lounge chair.

Oh that's REALLLLY early!! :rotfl: Another question. Looks like those are the only 2 lounge chairs for the cabana. Is that right? If we'd want another one to use rather than a reg. chair that looks like is provided can we steal a regular lounge chair & scootch it in there? There are 3 of us and I imagine we'll each want a lounge chair.

Ya, our kids never adjusted to the time change & were up at 4am every danged day. That was rough.

You can certainly grab a reg chair and bring it to the cabana. The people next to us also had 4 of the cabana lounge chairs, so I'm thinking that they asked and got, extra? Not sure.

I am assuming the ocean view was out of the back of #1- is that right?

is there a rope or anything seperating the cabanas from the other chairs (pic one is what i am thinking- I know the cushion-y ones are part of the cabana- but the other ones (in the bottom right) those are not right? If we go to the pool or something, might we end up in a "You are in our cabana chairs" situtation?

When the shade moved- is one chair ever fully in the sun? I like the shade, but DH like the sun- but I like the looks of #1!

Thanks so much for the pictures- they are awesome!!

This is FANTASMIC :yay::yay::yay:

We have to pick our cabana the day before, which is when we're flying to Hawaii, so this gives us the perfect views to make our decision. Someone should bookmark this page since it's so challenging to find pictures like this.

Thanks again!!!!

We have enjoyed the Aulani cabanas a few times and have pulled a third regular pool lounger to our area without being told that we were doing anything wrong several times. I do not know what the official policy was, but we were careful not to intrude on the walkway or the other cabana areas.

The two chairs in front are for the particular cabana guest only. I did not see anyone trying to lay down in any of these that wasn't a member of the cabana group.

We ran a tab while at the cabana, and tipped when we settled the bill. I believe we were also told by the cabana attendants that tips were not allowed to be received by them.

During our stays, (June and November), it seemed like later morning (after 9:00) to early afternoon were relatively shade free. Later in the afternoon, the shade in front of #1 was relatively hard to move around and was workable for one of the chairs in #2. It seems like #s 3 and 4 are relatively shade free for most of the day.

So bummed! I just called to reserve cabanas for July and they said the whole summer is booked! No wait list either. :-(

Oh bummer. I'd keep trying, even when you are at the resort. Cancellations happen as people's plans change. You can even check at 8am daily at the resort at Rainbow Reef.

Good luck!

Great post but wondering if anyone has any updates on the pool construction and new cabanas? We are going in November but read that the pool area was going to be done by June??? Makes sense for the busy summer season.

We are leaving the kids at home...silly, I know but we have points to burn and have not traveled alone since our engagement. So hoping there are some good cabanas by the quiet pool or a good ocean view.

Thanks!

We are in a Casabella today, beautiful view of the ocean but some traffic. It's a large deck that seats 8 people, we have a safe but that's about it. There was a cabana cancellation so we did look at it but the 2 cabanas are by the bridge which would be good for someone with younger children it does have the tv and fridge but no view. The cabana rate went up (I believe $325) so we would of paid more (Casabella $275 w/DVC $259.15). My stepson didn't think it was worth spending the money, there is plenty of room by the pool and beach areas. You do get an attendant but not sure that justifies the cost (I have the hubby:) plus water and a tray of fruit we haven't received yet.

Great post but wondering if anyone has any updates on the pool construction and new cabanas? We are going in November but read that the pool area was going to be done by June??? Makes sense for the busy summer season.

We are leaving the kids at home...silly, I know but we have points to burn and have not traveled alone since our engagement. So hoping there are some good cabanas by the quiet pool or a good ocean view.

Thanks!

According to the attendant quiet pool will be done around September

I call at least once a week to inquire. We are to be at Aulani early Oct and hoped they would have the pool and cabanas ready by then.

Every time I call I am told "no reservations are being taken for cabanas at this time. Call back in a couple of weeks." I don't wait that long before I call back.

If the cabanas have really gone up to $325, I'm not sure I'll still want to book. If they become available before our trip---we'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter