Aulani 2 Bedroom Villa Comparison vs Grand

Bravelion2

Earning My Ears
Hi all, in doing research for a trip to Aulani for our group of 6 Adults and 2 Children (2 and 1 yr old), I noticed that there were two different options/room set ups for the 2 Bedroom Villa. Has anyone stayed in one or either with 6-8 people at all and how was it? Was it too small and you wish you should have just gone with the Grand Villa? Any input is appreciated.

Hopefully you can get an answer to your question soon.

We toured the grand villa at DVC this past April in Aulani, ocean view, and it was amazing! I would totally go for that if I could afford it :) So much space and we only had 3 people in our studio, but wanted to check out the GV and were imagining staying in it if we won the lottery :)

The only thing I would be concerned about for a 2 bedroom is whether you plan to use the sleeper sofa out in the living room? Or would the king bed and the 2 queen beds be enough for your 6. Then what about the cribs?

GV Balcony is amazing! We had 4 adults and 2 big kids.

Everyone in your scenario would fit into a 2BD, but it is going to feel like a completely different trip than the GV.

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
We've been fortunate enough to have been in a GV several trips. They are really something to enjoy. I've toured a 2BR and don't think I'd be happy with 6+2 in one of those. Yes, its certainly do-able but if you have the points go with the GV.

We were in a 2 bedroom with 8 people this past March, 3 adults, two teens and 3 preteens. Would it have been nice to have the grand villa? Yes. Did I have enough points (Aulani is our home resort)? Not without using 3 years worth of points 😜😂 The only time we felt crowded was if we were all having dinner together because there was simply not enough room to have all 8 of us at the table at once but we made it work. Otherwise we never felt super crowded.

We are 6 adults going in February. Me, DH, DS, DDiL, DD and DD's BF. We didn't want to use the points for a GV, so I did a 2brD and a studio. Privacy for the newlyweds but more space. We will still all eat/hang out in the 2br, but they will leave to sleep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter