August 2023 W.I.S.H blissful, bold blue moon

It’s been a roller coaster of a week. At one point, I broke down and cried at school. It’s a lot right now. Lots of demands with little support…but high standards must be maintained regardless.

In the midst of the chaos, I lost 3 pounds, so there is that.

Day one is in the books. All travel went smoothly. My experiment with Molly’s best way to spend an afternoon at DHS didn’t pan out as expected. There weren’t enough people in the park using Genie to drive the times in to the afternoon where I wanted them and many things had short standby times. I basically paid $22 to finally ride Slinky, but man it was fun.

I’ve been reading up on 24 hour fasts and one of the big things that happens is that dopamine receptors fire back up and raise happiness and joy. Low dopamine is something that comes up with ADHD, so I was planning to experiment with it post vacation, but today I accidentally did it, what with travel, time adjustments and seating for my ADR running late. I have to say it made a difference in my mood. I was defiantly happy to be here but something reconnected and I felt happy more than knowing I’m happy… if that makes sense. Looking forward to doing it more post vacation.

Tomorrow is MK and my second big idea to go there on a party day when a lot of people don’t go. We shall see how this works out.

First Jimmy Buffett now Steve Harwell....this has not been a good week for music!
I would very much like to drink a margarita while watching Shrek...anyone else?

It's been a rough few days/weeks period. DS11'S anxiety has flared up something awful and DD hit some major potty regression...timing wise one seems to almost certainly be effecting the other. School starts tomorrow...hopefully a return to a schedule will help calm things down around here.

3EF40C4C-71D2-4982-837E-A0189C26AF57.jpeg

Happy Labor Day and Motivation Monday to my Friends!!

I am just catching up here after a busy weekend and I am so sorry to hear @Summer2018 and @ShannyMcB you both are having rough weeks! I hope the long weekend was good to you and somewhat healing and relaxing! Prayers and positive vibes into Tuesday-it’s a 4 day week so that’s something to celebrate!

Motivation this week for me is to stay on track and be supportive and available to my family. We have a family member going for major surgery, another member with minor surgery and one younger kiddo in my family has been very sick for 2 weeks now without improvement. Just trying to be present and helpful for everyone who may need me this week ❤️

@Oneanne your Disney trip is making me realize that DD and I are only 8 weeks away from our trip! It will be exactly a year when return since we have last been in the parks and the excitement is building!!!

See everyone tomorrow for topic Tuesday!

It's been a rough few days/weeks period. DS11'S anxiety has flared up something awful and DD hit some major potty regression...timing wise one seems to almost certainly be effecting the other. School starts tomorrow...hopefully a return to a schedule will help calm things down around here.
In the long run, I definitely think the schedule helps, but the transition itself often flares things up first. :hug:

@Summer2018 and @ShannyMcB :hug: :hug: Hope this short week is better!

We ran some numbers and some days, but didn't come to a decision about our winter break at WDW. Think we just need to decide. That'll be tomorrow night's project. Tonight I'm going to binge watch what's out there of season 2 Wheel of Time. We did check passports and we are good to go to Guatemala for spring break!!!!!!!!

Had a super lazy, quiet, long weekend. Yesterday we went blouse shopping for me but only came home with one. Unfortunately I hate shopping and I had a headache, so it didn't make for a promising trip, but it did get us out of the house so DS2 could give his voice lesson.

Today was brilliant, just brilliant. First part of the day MK was walk on and I did everything I cared to on the left and back left of the park. This included a leisurely lunch at Crystal Palace where Tigger was quite concerned I was eating alone, or he wanted to join me, sometimes it’s hard to tell with cats. I took a boat over to Grand Floridian then the monorail over to EPCOT, where I strolled to the back of the park stopping frequently for air conditioning and cold beverages.

On the Skyliner back to the resort I was thinking my feet just can’t take this kind of vacation any more because they were screaming. But I rallied after giving them a good epsom salt soak and taking a nap. I had thought I would wander over to The Rivera for a nightcap but ended up going back to EPCOT and staying till the fireworks.

Last night I woke up several times with feet and leg cramps. I can’t figure out what I’m deficient in that’s causing this, so I’ve decided for the remainder of the trip I’m going to truly feast during my eating windows, having whatever I want in the hopes of getting some of whatever it is that’s missing. That started today, so hopefully tonight will be better.

Tomorrow is AK in the morning, then my fancy date night with myself early evening at Flying Fish. After that it’ll be back to EPCOT for a late stroll.

Topic Tuesday: Halloween
2F6DA780-233F-40D2-BB07-4EBD2F4791B9.jpeg
Now that we have brought our “last weekend of summer” to a close the next event on the horizon is Halloween!!

Do you celebrate Halloween? Do you decorate for it? Any fun traditions your family has?

We do celebrate and decorate for Halloween and I will be honest I fully decorated indoors yesterday 🎃👻 I just don’t know when I will have a free day again and it’s was 100 degrees outside so it just seemed like a good day to do it! I will probably do the outdoors the first week of October!

We have a quick dinner with our extended family on Halloween and then all go trick of treating together with the kids!

Topic Tuesday: Halloween
View attachment 791335
Now that we have brought our “last weekend of summer” to a close the next event on the horizon is Halloween!!

Do you celebrate Halloween? Do you decorate for it? Any fun traditions your family has?

We do celebrate and decorate for Halloween and I will be honest I fully decorated indoors yesterday 🎃👻 I just don’t know when I will have a free day again and it’s was 100 degrees outside so it just seemed like a good day to do it! I will probably do the outdoors the first week of October!

We have a quick dinner with our extended family on Halloween and then all go trick of treating together with the kids!

We were gone for the long weekend, so I think I'll just jump back in here.

We do celebrate Halloween - I loved it when the kids were little. We had a walkable neighborhood so a lot of the kids walked together. Our church does a Trunk-or-Treat, so we always had a trunk for that which was also super fun! We would just leave a big tub of candy on our porch for the kids when they would come because we were never home.

Now that our kids are older, we've been taking more trips. Between DH's and my work schedules, we can pretty much do end of October/beginning of November and end of Feb/beginning of March, so the last two years, we've been gone over Halloween. I kind of miss the church Trunk-or-Treat, but figure I'll be able to start participating again when we retire since we won't have to do that particular week.

I've never decorated over the top for Halloween - when the kids were growing up, we did have almost life size stuffed Dracula and I guess Mrs. Dracula stuffed decorations which were always fun to have sitting around. I guess I'm more of a Fall decorator than specifically Halloween.

I love fall and Halloween! I've been a little distracted lately, so my fall stuff isn't out yet (except for the two new things I just bought :laughing: ) but I hope to get to it soon. I usually add Halloween stuff in early October. We live a nice neighborhood for trick-or-treating, and I enjoying handing out candy and seeing all the costumes!

Sitting in Nomad Lounge “luxuriating” per Molly’s recommendation.

Growing up Halloween was always pretty traumatic because my parents made no effort, it was always go out to the garage and see what you can find.

My new town and neighborhood are not kid heavy, but there are always adult walkers going by so I’m planning on putting my MNSSHP trick or treat candy out for them to enjoy. There is a fancy pumpkin breeder not too far away and my Niece and I are going there the first weekend of October. I want to get pumpkins for a couple stacks in the pots by the back door and a few to put around the house. I’ll be hosting Thanksgiving and they will last till then.

Last edited:
My natural style of touring is to spend the evenings in Epcot just wandering around WS, which doesn't work well with the Genie+ stacking strategy. Yesterday I was watching Molly's video on how to do DHS in the afternoon/evening with stacking and it inspired me to change my first day from EPCOT to DHS. I'll be able to buy Genie+ before even taking off from Seattle and I'll get the airplane wifi so I can try to get Slinky at 7a, when we'll still be in the air. Next opportunity to book will be 10:30a, so I will have had a chance to sleep at that point... pretty excited to actually put Genie+ to use.

And really excited that it is finally here!
I watched Molly too before our trip. We did HS our first night and it worked great. I can see how it might be hard for this to work if the crowds are low. We went Easter Week. I am glad you still had fun and that your trip is going good.
Elizabeth has anxiety too. This time of year is always rough with the transition. Hugs to you. It will get better. This is the first year that Elizabeth recognized that her anxiety was getting high.
Last night I woke up several times with feet and leg cramps. I can’t figure out what I’m deficient in that’s causing this, so I’ve decided for the remainder of the trip I’m going to truly feast during my eating windows, having whatever I want in the hopes of getting some of whatever it is that’s missing. That started today, so hopefully tonight will be better.
I was told during pregnancy that this happens when your potassium is low.
We don't do much with Halloween anymore. We will give out candy but only get maybe 10 kids. Kids dress up and hang out with friends now. This year Elizabeth is dressing up as Wednesday Adams. My mom is making the dress. It will be perfect for her. Everyone last year told her that she looks like her.

Sometimes a lack of calcium can cause cramps, especially in the legs. Try a tums before bed! Also a magnesium pill, even super low dose, will help alleviate spasms.

Sometimes a lack of calcium can cause cramps, especially in the legs. Try a tums before bed! Also a magnesium pill, even super low dose, will help alleviate spasms.
Thanks to both of you… I take potassium and magnesium and even have a magnesium spray but that doesn’t seem to help much. I hadn’t heard of tums and will see if the gift shop has any. One thing they do have is Bengay which I hadn’t tried before so I got some. Legs were OK last night, so something is helping… and that was after getting 22,000 steps in!

Well, I think you all know my opinion about fall…

IMG_2054.jpeg

When DD was little, Halloween was a total blast. We decorated like crazy and absolutely loved costumes, trick or treating, and giving out candy to the hundreds of kids coming to our house.

Since the pandemic, we no longer give out candy. I dress up at school and we have a party. The school and parent organization host a trunk or treat one day after school. At home we watch Halloween movies in the dark. I didn’t eat any candy last year and will do the same this year.

My favorite part of Halloween is that my students are usually in their routines by then and I am actually starting to enjoy them. Right now, that's hard to fathom as they are driving me nuts!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter