August 16th Western

Originally posted by Buckaroo's Dad
Good morning, Jennifer.

No one told you? Most of us are STAYING at The Radisson, but we're MEETING the evening before at your WDW room... lol.

See you onboard ship!

She could just leave the key under the mat.;)

Hi Buckaroo's Dad - thanks for replying. I think I meant Disers ( I'm new to these boards...) We will be staying at the Universal Royal Pacific Hotel before our cruise, so we won't be able to meet you all at The Radisson. My family would love to meet fellow cruisers on board - I'll keep watching this space for news of the August 16th-ers meet.
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Gaynor

Another August 16th family here.

Me 46 DH 45 and DS 16

This is our 4th cruise and I can't wait. It will probably be our last for awhile since the price between what I paid for a category 6 this year and next year is a big difference.

Unfortunately we fly in that morning so no time to meet at the Raddison.

Lyn

BD & Starwood......you guys are soooo funny.:crazy:
Sure I'll leave the key under the mat, actually we have two connecting rooms....gives us more room to PARTY!!!!:jester: LOL

Jennifer

Hello All!!

So glad to see this thread is finally posted - no, I didn't have the guts to just start it my own (I can already hear BD's reply).

This will be our second cruise as well. Me (35) and DBF (as in Best Friend - 30). We'll be staying at the Dolpin starting Aug. 13 for 3 days at the World prior to sailing. Can't wait.

Now about those excursions....so many to choose from my mind is spinning trying to decide.

Hi lynr! It's nice to see another WISHer here! I won't tell, if you won't! :cool: :)

Hi to you too, Marcotta! I have most of my excursions planned, but Cozumel is starting to drive me crazy. I want to do everything!

BD = sharp wit, good heart!

BTW, BD, Sarah is away doing a vocational evaluation, and she found a shuffleboard on campus. She'll be practicing a lot over the next two weeks!

Hi Hannosmom -

what are you going to do in Key West?

I know what you mean by wanting to do everything - I think that's why I can't narrow anything down. Did book Capt. Marvin's since this board so highly recommended it but that is about as far as I get decide on.

Hi Linda.

Sarah is away doing a vocational evaluation, and she found a shuffleboard on campus. She'll be practicing a lot over the next two weeks!

Yikes! I had better get "Buckaroo" back to those courts at Jones Beach. The dear lad had been busy practicing for his Junior Black Belt exam. A little over two hours of various techniques and falls with one one-minute break - and he passed! I am proud and he is happy. Next week is a special ceremony at one of the large catering halls here on The Island. Now he has a minimum of 3 years to prepare for his adult Black Belt and one of the requirements is to do volunteer work. He'll be helping the Special Education students both with their karate AND their homework assignments from the school(s) they attend. It's a terrific program. Wow, look at all this. I'm not TOO proud of him - huh???

Still thinking over the shore excursions on Cozumel? (Re)consider joining us on Wild Tours ATV adventure. It's a lot of fun!

Hi Marcotta. You might like this as well!

Buckaroo's Dad:

Do you have any info on the ATV tour? I just got my excursion docs. yesterday but I don't see it listed. Is this one that you are doing on your own. If it is what I'm thinking, it sounds like a blast!!

Hey BD!! Please tell Buckaroo for me "THAT IS WAY COOL!!" Give him a big gold star and a treat. Also, after the shuffleboard tournament, Sarah and I would be glad to sign an "affadavit" that Buckaroo had spent volunteer time with a special ed student, since she is one. You should be tremendously proud of him! I''m even proud of him, and I haven't met him yet!:D

Marcotta, we are planning to take the trolley tour, and then visit The Hemingway house, the Audoubon house, and probably the Butterfly museum. Just doing the touristy thing. We've signed up for the 11:15 Captain Marvin's tour on GC, also.

Yes, BD, I'd like to read some about the ATV tours, too. Might be something we would love to do, I know DH would sure love it.

Buckaroo's Dad:

I have a question for you.
I THINK I read somewhere that you were going to do the Captain Marvin's excursion and then Horseback Riding with Penny's group afterwards. How will that work since we leave Grand Cayman at 5pm? I was thinking of doing the same thing but see that from Penny's website that they only have a 9:30 ride which conflicts with Capt. Marvin's?

(Don't worry, you're not being stalked!!!! :p Horseback riding is high on our list of to do's and if we do the Xcaret in Cozumel don't know when else we'd get to do the horseback riding except for in Grand Cayman during the afternoon).

Thanks!!
Scott

Glad to this thread back around. I 'lost' it before I got a chance to reply.

Anyway, I can't make the Radisson meet anymore either since I'll be at WDW beforehand too but I'd LOVE to meet all of you onboard. Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Also Tigger UK, my DD(10) would love to hook up with other girls in her age group, pm me if you'd like to arrange a 'young ladies' meet for them.:D

Hi Scott.

I THINK I read somewhere that you were going to do the Captain Marvin's excursion and then Horseback Riding with Penny's group afterwards. How will that work since we leave Grand Cayman at 5pm?

I guess when you look at it THAT way, it sure does seem like 10-pounds of aspirations in a 5-pound timeframe. However, I plan on contacting Nikki's Horseback Rides. Her times are (at least, were) quite diffferent from "Penny's."

Welcome back, vcasey.

Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Well, um, ok. Your stateroom. Saturday, 8/16. 3:30pm - 1:30am...

Hi everyone....

Someone who's been onboard and knows what they're doing want to coordinate a meet on the ship???

Count us in....we'll be there;)

What's the stateroom number again ???

Steff

Yea, lets have the party at Vcasey's room!!!!
We'll be there!!
:jester:

Marcotta...You got your excursions docs already??? I want mine!!
Did the come by regular mail? (You can't tell that I'm excited can you??;) )

Jennifer

Disney3144:

I received my excursion documents also. When I made my final payment to Dreamsunlimited Travel they emailed them to me. I would be glad to send you the list if you give me a fax number. you couldn't make reservations using the Dreams form but maybe you could call them.

Lyn

Yea, lets have the party at Vcasey's room!!!!
We'll be there!!

Hmmm...sounds like fun but call me Cinderella I turn into a pumpkin at midnight:D :D Not to mention I currently don't have a stateroom since I'm on a guarantee and haven't gotten mine assigned. Anyone else want to volunteer;) But hey if they upgrade me to a suite or something then...what the heck!:)

Marcotta...You got your excursions docs already??? I want mine!!

I got mine Monday. I called yesterday and made our reservations - now I just need to get DH to look over the Passporter and make sure he doesn't want to make any changes to the excursions.:rolleyes:

Good morning starwood.

now I just need to get DH to look over the Passporter and make sure he doesn't want to make any changes to the excursions.

As concerns shore excursions, what have you reserved for Grand Cayman? It seems as though a lot of the 8/16 Disers will be on the 11:15am Captain Marvins.

Hi vcasey.

I currently don't have a stateroom since I'm on a guarantee and haven't gotten mine assigned. Anyone else want to volunteer

If anyone has been on a DCL cruise before, any recommendations concerning where to meet aboard ship? I guess there is The Promenade Lounge, the deck 7 secret verandah or Rockin Bar D. I doubt the powers that be will allow us to hold a private function in The Walt Disney Theatre...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter