Aug. 21, 2004 Eastern Magic check in list

Hello everyone I guess a little late than never. I've been so busy of late and haven't been on the boards much. Just reading through the thread and it seem's like we got some great people going. My DS is so excited about getting his picture with Mr. Andy, can you blame him I'm pretty excited too. This trip we are celebrating my beautiful wife's 40th birthday. She's pretty fortunate no one has ever guessed her to be over 35.

I have posted a picture below to let everyone know what is the first moment of excitement. That kind of excitement we adults don't have too often anymore. The kind of excitement that makes goose bumps pop out. When that big luxury vessel comes plainly into view as your traveling down the highway almost there and you know that is your new home for the next week. And most rewarding is the kid's reaction.

I went to Disney in my early 20's and was sad to realize the level of excitement I had as a kid was gone, however this past year I've been fortunate enough to see Disney through my kid's eyes and the level of excitement is more than I ever imagined.

dclboat3.jpg

Great pic, Steverog! I think that is the moment the hairs on the back of my neck stand up a little straighter.
Today is my last day at work, and tomorrow we head south to meet up with the Autotrain. God willing we will be in Fla. on Fri. morning.
Hope to meet up with some folks at the Raddison pool at 8:00. We will be having dinner at Grills before that.
Once again, I wish all of you safe travels and a hearty BON VOYAGE.

Mike

Wishing you a pleasent trip on the autotrain Creditman.

Congratulations to you Jennifer and Joe too!

I am so sorry that Don won't be joining us.

I also started to pack but honestly don't know how I am going to get all this in! I think I may have over shopped.;) Maybe I'll go and get another suitcase today. I bet we don't wear half of it. Especially DD, maybe I'll get her one of those hugh old steamer trunks! It might all fit in that.

See everyone very very soon!!!!!!!! Happy and safe travels to you all!:teeth:

Thanks for that beautiful picture...my heart leapt when I saw it. As I am unpacking my moving boxes I cam across the picture we had taken on the Wonder in 2002...it was the first "decoration" in the living room!!!

Today is also my last day of work....also heading on the Autotrain (See ya tomorrow, Mike) Need to go home tonight and pack. Heading off the the Grocery store at lunch today to pick up some snacks for the car and train ride.

We are looking forward to meeting all of you! I can't believe that it is only 2 days away now........
:jumping1: :jumping1: :cool1: :thewave:

Steve, I will be celebrating my 35th birthday on board...and I don't look a day over 21 LOL

What time is the meet set for on Saturday?

I know this has been covered before but I don't remember......

We are having one at the radisson at 8:00pm by the pool, Saturday ??????

Thanks......

Denise -

I believe the Sat. meet is after the safety drill in the Promenade Lounge. Hopefully you will be there with us and not at the Radisson :p Sorry, that was too easy, lol.

As for Friday, I think they had said the Radisson at 8PM or something. I'm sure someone else will fill you in.

How does it feel to be in a new house by the way? Excitement on two fronts!

Alan

See what happens when you try to do too many things at once...your typing suffers.

Yes, Friday night at 8pm at the Radisson pool. Saturday after the Safety Drill at the Promenade Lounge...I think I got it!!!

The house is coming together. We now have living room furniture and all the bedroom furniture. The kitchen is getting a minor renovation while we are away and then we will be all sewt. Thanks for asking!! It is very exciting!!!

Hey, Denise. What is your ETA in Lorton tomorrow? We are leaving the house at 8:00 and hope to get there around 12:30.

Hey Mike,
We are leaving about 9am and should be there about 1pm....I think.
Will probably have to get lunch then. No room in the car for a cooler.....

Jennifer:

I just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! My family and I were on your engagement cruise last year. We will miss you by one week. We are on the 28th cruise. Have a great cruise.

Lyn:sunny:

We might check out Grills for dinner on Friday night too. Did you see they have a 10% off coupon on their website???? Every bit helps...

Linda

Originally posted by steverog
Hello everyone I guess a little late than never. I've been so busy of late and haven't been on the boards much. Just reading through the thread and it seem's like we got some great people going. My DS is so excited about getting his picture with Mr. Andy, can you blame him I'm pretty excited too. This trip we are celebrating my beautiful wife's 40th birthday. She's pretty fortunate no one has ever guessed her to be over 35.

I have posted a picture below to let everyone know what is the first moment of excitement. That kind of excitement we adults don't have too often anymore. The kind of excitement that makes goose bumps pop out. When that big luxury vessel comes plainly into view as your traveling down the highway almost there and you know that is your new home for the next week. And most rewarding is the kid's reaction.

I went to Disney in my early 20's and was sad to realize the level of excitement I had as a kid was gone, however this past year I've been fortunate enough to see Disney through my kid's eyes and the level of excitement is more than I ever imagined.

dclboat3.jpg

Steve: thanks for that post - it brought back very strong memories of our first DVC cruise 2 years ago and how we all felt coming up that road and seeing the ship docked and knowing we would be aboard it in a few hours.

Well, we're (finally) going to start packing tonight. Most of it will be tomorrow night, though -- we leave early Friday morning. See you real soon.

Well we are about 90% packed. Just need a few odds and ends tomorrow night.
Thanks for the picture of the ship steverog. She is a beautiful sight.
Everyone have safe travels. See you at the meet on Friday,

Jennifer

OK all packed (frantically!!) and ready to go. Leaving EARLY tomorrow.

Will see you all real soon!!:hyper:

Last night my son said to me that he had to go to bed, I said why, he said because he has a big day tommrow. I said what is your big day. He said " it is the day before our trip" :p

It was so cute.

Safe travels to all. See ya saturday. I can't beleive we are down to days now.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :thewave:

Shygirl - My son also made a comment last night about having to go to bed early. When I asked him why he said " The sooner I go to bed the sooner it'll be time to leave for the cruise."

See everyone soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter