"Au revior...that's French for get out of here!" A Jan '13 AoA TR COMPLETE

Jungle Cruise is another one of my all time favorite Disney rides...not sure DSis understands my obsession with this one, but the jokes are so funny:rotfl: Again, not much to impress me....

I love the Jungle Cruise! The corny jokes crack me up every time!

I just read the trip report and am thoroughly enjoying it. My sister is usually my travel mate to all things Disney. We usually end up staying on Disney property, but renting a car. We like the freedom it gives us - eat at non-Disney restaurants, do some outlet shopping, and go to Universal. I'll admit, I love Uni. I haven't been since before HP opened, but it still has some of my favorite rides. I believe my sister and I have had the same One Fish Two Fish experience that you two had :-)

So I'll be the first to admit, I've never quite understood the appeal of the Poly, and why it has such a following....Then we strolled through the lobby to catch the monorail after being dropped off by the rental car company. I GET IT!:yay: It was gorgeous and made me feel instantly like I was in another place...sign me up to stay there...or at least visit/dine there, for sure!

This trip reminded me once again how Space Mountain is one of my favorites...I've been on much more thrilling roller coasters but being in the dark adds such a fun element!

New Fantasyland was fun and SO WELL DONE! The attention to detail once again amazes me.

I was less than impressed with the Little Mermaid ride, actually, I think walking the the queue line was more interesting than the ride....just a typical dark ride with fake looking animatronics...sorry Disney, try harder!
Meeting Ariel, on the other hand, was a much better experience than her ride...I guess I wasn't sure what to expect from her, because I've never met her before, and she was wonderful!

Speaking of wonderful character greetings, Gaston was HILARIOUS...honestly the best part was listening to him the whole time we were in line, the stuff he came up with was so funny! I would definitely wait in line to see him again. My personal favorite was when he told a girl with a Tinkerbell autograph book, that it appeared she had squished a bug with her book! :rotfl2:

Another ride that I was disappointed in was Peter Pan. I had such high expectations for this, since it seems so popular, and it just did nothing to impress me...and really I'm not that hard to impress, I swear! I wouldn't wait in line for this again...but that's ok, less crowds for the people who love to ride it!

It took us a while to find Sleepy Hallow, but it was worth the search, because that waffle was delicious! My only regret is that *cough cough* SOMEONE has a nut allergy so we couldn't order the Nutella and fruit one instead. I love Nutella so much I'm pretty sure I could live off of it...but I digress...

Jungle Cruise is another one of my all time favorite Disney rides...not sure DSis understands my obsession with this one, but the jokes are so funny:rotfl: Again, not much to impress me....

Before we went on POTC, we stopped briefly at a DVC stand to look at photos of the properties and someone told us a little more about it. We therefore spent the entire time in line for POTC discussing how and when we could become DVC owners...I'm sure this is normal, right?

Our FP plan worked out great....and we were praising the system left and right, and while we had to do a little extra walking, I'm sure it was worth it.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen the new Haunted Mansion queue-very cool. Tons of interactive elements to look at and touch, we opted for the longer queue so we could check it out, and were very glad we did!

The line to meet the princesses was sooooooo slow moving and pretty terrible, but I'm glad we didn't give up, because Rapunzel was perfect!!! Tangled is definitely my favorite movie and she was so bubbly and chatty and happy, just like in the movie! I was only disappointed that the PP photogapher didn't get more pictures. Cinderella was very sweet too, and taught us that princess pose, which as you can see from the picture, I kind of fail at...hahaha

Despite the cool weather, we had a pretty good day in the MK so far, but it was only half over...

Wow- I forgot to include so many good things!

The DVC sales person was very convincing and told us we could afford a membership on a value-resort budget which, of course, had us going. Though I doubt we'll be buying anytime soon it was interesting to see the picture books and hear the salesman's take on the villas. I sure hope we'll buy someday!

I was disappointed that we didn't get any PP pictures with Rapunzel. I swear there was a photographer there so I don't know what happened. We did a share, so maybe there were photos but they never made it to us.

I love the Jungle Cruise! The corny jokes crack me up every time!

I just read the trip report and am thoroughly enjoying it. My sister is usually my travel mate to all things Disney. We usually end up staying on Disney property, but renting a car. We like the freedom it gives us - eat at non-Disney restaurants, do some outlet shopping, and go to Universal. I'll admit, I love Uni. I haven't been since before HP opened, but it still has some of my favorite rides. I believe my sister and I have had the same One Fish Two Fish experience that you two had :-)

Nice to meet another DSis Duo! We enjoyed the car this time and will consider doing it again for future trips.

Seeing as we were right by the route start we decided to take a break and sit on the curb across from the theater and watch Celebrate a Dream Come True. The weather was still cold and windy with a few sprinkles. It was bearable, but was definitely keeping the crowds at bay which allowed us to grab the seats right before the start off the parade.

I'd never seen this parade and it was a lot of fun. Even though I'm an adult I still love when the characters walk right by and wave at you!

3526_10101099958695841_56035579_n.jpg

534837_10101099958870491_1405248840_n.jpg

555999_10101099958765701_398794662_n.jpg

579788_10101099958835561_2104900035_n.jpg

532047_10101099958940351_1944123299_n.jpg

555999_10101099959080071_206497158_n.jpg

556160_10101099959139951_1731249269_n.jpg

59782_10101099959030171_1069300653_n.jpg

395631_10101099958995241_1517589473_n.jpg

538158_10101099959110011_1492310755_n.jpg

Cait loves Aladdin- until Flynn Rider came along he was definitely her Disney BF!:rotfl2:

After the parade ended we started another loop around the park in Tomorrowland, this time moving at a slower place. We stopped for a ride on Buzz and then caught part of Stitch's Club 626 Dance Party. Stitch is one of my favorites and we had yet to see him greeting anywhere in the park. He doesn't technically greet during the party (despite all the Brazilian teenagers that crowed around him) so I busted a move next to him for a few pictures!

8953431907_fbc542bcbc.jpg

This picture is one of my favorites, aside from the photo-bombing Brazilian teen. On a side note- BTG really weren't that bad. If anything, it was the large groups stopping in the middle of the paths that bothered me. We had no negative experiences with cultural differences, rudeness, etc that other DISers have complained of.

8953435259_283fca7ee2.jpg

DSis had yet to see Lilo and Stitch so she declined a dance. Don't worry- I made her watch it since then! After this, it was off to the People mover. The breeze was cold but it was nice to sit down again.

I think we sort of milled around that side of the park for a while until it was time for dinner. We were lucky enough to score a 4:40 ADR at BOG! :thumbsup2

Next Update: Putting their service to the test

Joining in! That's great that you guys went to see the WWOHP- I visited once back in December 2010 and I thought it was so cute! However when we went, the crowds were unbearable- it took like 10 min to walk across the candy shop, and I never got to ride the Forbidden Journey!

Another ride that I was disappointed in was Peter Pan. I had such high expectations for this, since it seems so popular, and it just did nothing to impress me...and really I'm not that hard to impress, I swear! I wouldn't wait in line for this again...but that's ok, less crowds for the people who love to ride it!

Peter Pan in Disneyland is by far superior to the WDW version!

I was laughing b/c yup, that Aurora looked pretty strange! Bad make-up! The Rapunzels always look pretty fun though- it almost makes me want to get purple eyeshadow haha.

Looking forward to reading about BOG!! I haven't been able to snag an ADR for my trip next month (and I've been trying since February!) so we're going to have to wait in line for a CS lunch there.

Joining in! That's great that you guys went to see the WWOHP- I visited once back in December 2010 and I thought it was so cute! However when we went, the crowds were unbearable- it took like 10 min to walk across the candy shop, and I never got to ride the Forbidden Journey!

Peter Pan in Disneyland is by far superior to the WDW version!

I was laughing b/c yup, that Aurora looked pretty strange! Bad make-up! The Rapunzels always look pretty fun though- it almost makes me want to get purple eyeshadow haha.

Looking forward to reading about BOG!! I haven't been able to snag an ADR for my trip next month (and I've been trying since February!) so we're going to have to wait in line for a CS lunch there.

:welcome:

The whole HP area was awesome, but very congested. I could see where the crowds would be unbearable during peak seasons.

I agree with DSis that Peter Pan was quite the disappointment. Hopefully we'll get to DL one day to try that version!

Yeah, Aurora was funky looking. Too much lipstick, I think!

Luckily it seems like I documented BOG best out of all of our meals. Plenty of pictures to show! You know, its funny but I had no problem getting our reservation and everyone is saying they're struggling now. Hard to say if we went during a slow time so it was easier or if the popularity has really jumped over the past few months. I mean sure, I got up a 6 AM to make it, and 4:40 isn't totally prime dinner time but we still took it. I heard the lunch menu is great plus you get to choose from all three dining rooms so I'm sure you'll still enjoy!

I really want to stay at AoA just to hear the music underwater. Except I doubt this will happen because I never want to spend time at the pool when I'm at WDW. What sort of music is it anyway? The Finding Nemo soundtrack?

I feel the same way about Universal. The thrill rides are great, but I don't have the same connection the themes, with the exception of Harry Potter. Definitely fun to go there, but not something I need to do every time. I think I'll wait until they open the Harry Potter expansion before I go again.

Gaston sounds pretty funny. Getting a picture with him was on my to-do list in February, but it didn't happen. Next time!

I didn't know they had Club 626 during the day, I've only seen it at night. I'm glad you were able to get a picture with Stitch though and I'm glad you've made your sister watch the movie since then!

I'm late but joining in your wonderful TR! I love the parade photos and dancing with Stitch - what's not to love!!

I really want to stay at AoA just to hear the music underwater. Except I doubt this will happen because I never want to spend time at the pool when I'm at WDW. What sort of music is it anyway? The Finding Nemo soundtrack?

I feel the same way about Universal. The thrill rides are great, but I don't have the same connection the themes, with the exception of Harry Potter. Definitely fun to go there, but not something I need to do every time. I think I'll wait until they open the Harry Potter expansion before I go again.

Gaston sounds pretty funny. Getting a picture with him was on my to-do list in February, but it didn't happen. Next time!

I didn't know they had Club 626 during the day, I've only seen it at night. I'm glad you were able to get a picture with Stitch though and I'm glad you've made your sister watch the movie since then!

It was pretty cold the night I went in the pool so I didn't stay in long but I do remember hearing the yellow polka dot bikini song :rotfl: I think its mostly beach/ocean themed music and then Nemo and Friends talking. From my understanding, they talk like every 30 or so minutes. I didn't hear anyone in my short dunk. :confused3

Yeah- I would like to go back for the HP expansion, but I probably wouldn't go back before then.

She thought the movie was so sad! :rotfl: I still love it though!

I'm late but joining in your wonderful TR! I love the parade photos and dancing with Stitch - what's not to love!!

The parade photos were all courtesy of DSis and her iPhone! She took way more pictures of the parade than I did :goodvibes

Thankfully, it appears I documented this meal the best which I'm grateful for as it was probably the best of our trip. We were completely blown away by the restaurant, and the food.

We only waited about ten minutes outside the castle before being let in. As we headed towards out table in the Ballroom the host explained that the 'Master' walked through the dining rooms periodically and would then greet guests in his study. We were welcome to look around at all the open dining rooms as we waited for our food.

8953415795_fa5b1f626c.jpg

8954622610_cc68109c7c.jpg

8953428749_4bf03f6ef1.jpg

We were on the end of a section at a corner table which meant the closest table was to my left. When I sat 'closest' it was pretty darn close. For most of dinner, I felt like we were listening in on our neighbors conversation. I think one of them was a CM and the other was a visiting friend, but anyways...

For dinner I got the grilled shrimp and scallops and DSis got the steak. While we were waiting for our food, the Master stopped by and waved!

8954614362_4f4b1a2d17.jpg

Dinner arrived and it was great!

8954617168_749d05e89f.jpg

8953424251_0d71c550aa.jpg

For desert they bring over a wheeled cart and let out choose something from under the glass. It was definitely a hard choice, but I went with the passion fruit cream puff and DSis went with strawberry-cream cheese cupcake. We each tried some of both and agreed they were both good choices!

8953410635_0bb10b07d1.jpg

8953398217_87ef1c3a1d.jpg

The girls sitting with us- I mean sitting next to us :rolleyes1 -had gotten the Grey Stuff (you know, "try the grey stuff, its delicious") so we decided we'd ask too. Apparently, this is a birthday only treat but our server was happy to ask if one of us was celebrating a birthday with a wink and brought it out to us.

8953413743_ced0864147.jpg

Trust me, its delicious!

Once we were all done with dinner we passed through the study to meet the Master. There was no wait when we came in and no one came in after us so we got a solid few minutes to chat with the Beast. He was standing a little close to the fireplace so we warned him to watch his tail!

8953407523_e54a38dc73.jpg

8953405357_794f59e9ae.jpg

On our way out, I stopped for a few more pictures.

8954591946_fa65705b40.jpg

The stained glass picture in the lobby.

8954589752_475fcc1547.jpg

My attempt at a shot of Beast's castle. The doors to the restaurant are just under the frame.

After a delicious and filling dinner, we continued our second loop of the Kingdom!

Next Update: The mad dash to watch wishes

She thought the movie was so sad! :rotfl: I still love it though!

Don't get me wrong, I am so glad I finally saw it, and I loved the music...but I had no idea it would be so sad! I teared up at least 5 times! Haha

Don't get me wrong, I am so glad I finally saw it, and I loved the music...but I had no idea it would be so sad! I teared up at least 5 times! Haha

I love the music too! "Elvis Presley was a model citizen. I've compiled a list of his traits for you to practice..."

We did lunch at BOG back in April. My DD9 loved the triple chocolate cupcake!

I've read all of your TR so far and am really enjoying it! Subbing in!

We did lunch at BOG back in April. My DD9 loved the triple chocolate cupcake!

I've read all of your TR so far and am really enjoying it! Subbing in!

I'd love to try BOG for lunch at some point. There are a couple things from the menu that look really good!

Glad you're enjoying so far- thanks for joining the party!

Love those BOG pics! I especially loved the rose napkin but surely those won't be available during lunch. :sad: I've been trying to get a pic w/ the Beast in Epcot for years so maybe this will be my chance!

I have to agree that BOG was the best meal of the trip!! My steak was AMAZING.

I definitely didn't like sitting so close to the table next to us...I feel it would have been even more awkward if we were next to a small child having a meltdown, or a couple trying to have a romantic meal.

I LOOOOVED the ballroom. We were seated near the west wing, so we got to see in there and watch the potrait change from the beast to the prince-very cool. The ballroom was stunning, and the "enchanted" window that showed the snow falling out in the french countryside. Now, we are from New England...I have seen PLENTY of snow fall in my lifetime, and I was mesmerized by this window...to the point where DSis was making fun of me for it, haha.

The hostess showed us around the castle and related all of the scenes to the movie before seating us...very cool. I love how all the hosts and waitresses talk as if they are servants to the beast, keeping with the theme.

I was especially impressed with the desserts. The grey stuff was, as expected, delicious! (Don't believe me? Ask the dishes! :rotfl2: ok I'm done now...) By the time we got to choose our other desserts, I was so full I almost didn't want it, and my cupcake was excellent. (And this is coming from a girl who has almost never had a bad cupcake). It was very light and fresh, the perfect ending after being quite full from our meal.

I'd definitely love to try this place for lunch one day!

I have to agree that BOG was the best meal of the trip!! My steak was AMAZING.

I definitely didn't like sitting so close to the table next to us...I feel it would have been even more awkward if we were next to a small child having a meltdown, or a couple trying to have a romantic meal.

I LOOOOVED the ballroom. We were seated near the west wing, so we got to see in there and watch the potrait change from the beast to the prince-very cool. The ballroom was stunning, and the "enchanted" window that showed the snow falling out in the french countryside. Now, we are from New England...I have seen PLENTY of snow fall in my lifetime, and I was mesmerized by this window...to the point where DSis was making fun of me for it, haha.

The hostess showed us around the castle and related all of the scenes to the movie before seating us...very cool. I love how all the hosts and waitresses talk as if they are servants to the beast, keeping with the theme.

I was especially impressed with the desserts. The grey stuff was, as expected, delicious! (Don't believe me? Ask the dishes! :rotfl2: ok I'm done now...) By the time we got to choose our other desserts, I was so full I almost didn't want it, and my cupcake was excellent. (And this is coming from a girl who has almost never had a bad cupcake). It was very light and fresh, the perfect ending after being quite full from our meal.

I'd definitely love to try this place for lunch one day!

I forgot to mention the snow! Very cool, especially because we got snow at home while we were away :rotfl:

Though I did tease DSis was obsessing over the snow, in her defense, she was the one facing the window while I had my back to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter