Atlantic Canadian WDW Fans

you can park right at the airport for as little as $ 7:00 a day
here is a link to the park fly page of the portland jetport web site
http://www.portlandjetport.org/Park_Fly.asp

it has a list of hotels that offer a park & fly program

We have a afternoon flight and only live 5 hr from portland so weare driving down the day of our flight unles the weather is bad then we will leave right after work on friday I have read a few disers mention the Holiday inn
Hi Everyone,

We are from Sydney Mines NS, Flying out of portland maine in August 2009. Looking for a recommendation for a reasonable park and fly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

We are from Sydney Mines NS, Flying out of portland maine in August 2009. Looking for a recommendation for a reasonable park and fly. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello! We are flying out of Portland in 3 weeks. We are stay at the Howard Johnson's. They offer a park and fly with 24 hour shuttle service for a one night's stay. It's really no extra for the parking at all. The stay is about $96 taxes in I do believe. Generally we would stay at Motel 6 or something...but for this price, we don't mind at all. Works out to be cheaper since we would have to pay for Motel 6 and then parking at the airport. We get dropped off right at the airport doors and away we go. :)

20 plus cms of snow in the last 12 hours.....stuck with the hubby and the kids in the house. Tried to plan a movie night with Wall-E but the kids were being less the cooperative with cleaning their rooms so that's off.

Tired of winter already.....:sad2:

We got off lucky here we got less than 10cms
20 plus cms of snow in the last 12 hours.....stuck with the hubby and the kids in the house. Tried to plan a movie night with Wall-E but the kids were being less the cooperative with cleaning their rooms so that's off.

Tired of winter already.....:sad2:

We got off lucky here we got less than 10cms

We have less than that and we are not that far away. It did cause cancellations for me though. The team we were supppose to play this weekend couldn't get out of Halifax.

We're in Snow Squall Central now....it just keeps coming. Looks like the list of cancellations will go into tomorrow. It's a little frustrating because I own a fruit farm and we still have lots of work to do! Harvest is done but lots still unfinished. Oh well, they are calling for rain in a few days....

Anyone else inspired to get an emergency preparedness kit for the car after that Highway 104 fiasco the other night?

Lots of snow here in moncton too!...well...enough of it!! The kids are FINALLY at a great age to go out and play in the snow. Last year DD was almost 2 and she really wasn't digging the snow. Her snowsuit made her like a star fish... arms wouldn't go down and all. lol So we bought them some shovels and had a great time out there! Put up the Christmas tree and realized we needed a tree topper. So our chauffer aka Daddy drove us to Zellers and the kids picked out a fiber optic angel. They love her! Only have lights and angel on thus far. Get the rest on today.

We are under 3 weeks until we leave!!! The weather better be nice!!! SOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Hi Disneynscc

We're also planning a trip in August 09. I was wondering if we should fly out of Maine as well. Have you done this before? How are the prices? and the drive? I should add that we are from CB too.
Thanks!

Hey DisneyCapers,
We are going in August as well and were planning to drive but we may fly Portland as well. Under $1000 for the three of us. Not bad. We are booked August 23 until September 1 @ POP. So excited.

Hi Disneynscc

We're also planning a trip in August 09. I was wondering if we should fly out of Maine as well. Have you done this before? How are the prices? and the drive? I should add that we are from CB too.
Thanks!

Hey Capers,

We actually flew out of Bangor in September of 2007. We flew out of Halifax July of 2005 and April of 2008.

Of all our flights we had the best experience so far flying out of maine. In july of 05 we got stuck in Boston because of the fog in Halifax for several days. and in April 2008 we were delayed in Laguardia.

Where are you in Cape Breton. From Sydney mines it is about 10 hours to Bangor and about another 1.5 hours to Portland. We love to drive. You also get your border crossing out of the way and are now considered a domestic US passenger on the airline.

Generally if we fly out of Halifax we end up staying the night before and the night we arrive so the only extra out of pocked is the drive to portland.

We are flying for the three of us for $740.00 canadian. Right now it is that much for one person out of Halifax.

Hey Capers,

We actually flew out of Bangor in September of 2007. We flew out of Halifax July of 2005 and April of 2008.

Of all our flights we had the best experience so far flying out of maine. In july of 05 we got stuck in Boston because of the fog in Halifax for several days. and in April 2008 we were delayed in Laguardia.

Where are you in Cape Breton. From Sydney mines it is about 10 hours to Bangor and about another 1.5 hours to Portland. We love to drive. You also get your border crossing out of the way and are now considered a domestic US passenger on the airline.

Generally if we fly out of Halifax we end up staying the night before and the night we arrive so the only extra out of pocked is the drive to portland.

We are flying for the three of us for $740.00 canadian. Right now it is that much for one person out of Halifax.

Just a thought but if your going in August would the Kat ferry to Bar Harbour from NS save any time/cash ? I realise its not cheap and im not sure how much driving it would actually save you especially if your coming from Cape Breton.I could comment on the scenery in "down east, maine" but you guys already have great scenery right on your doorstep.:thumbsup2

Hey Capers,

Hi Disneynscc,

Thanks for the info. What airline is that? I have been looking at prices out of Halifax and you're right it is about $700 per person. That really adds up. I'm going to have to look in to Portland. Are you booked already?

Now I'm not so sure my Airmiles flight was a deal or not! :confused3

Three of us flew down early this month and it still cost me around $800 for the tickets through Airmiles from Halifax to Orlando. A direct flight would have been nice also. I'm considering driving on our next trip so we can tour around Florida some but the flight deals out of Bangor sound like a better idea.

Three of us flew down early this month and it still cost me around $800 for the tickets through Airmiles from Halifax to Orlando. A direct flight would have been nice also. I'm considering driving on our next trip so we can tour around Florida some but the flight deals out of Bangor sound like a better idea.

Only Alagant offers direct flights out of bangor and only 2 days a week Wed and Sat

JetBlue offers Direct flights out of Portland 5 nights a week Thursday to Monday And Airtran offers saturday and sunday direct flights out of portland

We are flying direct on Airtran for 970 cdn for 4

Wow...thats bad. We were planning on the same thing for the three of us flying from Newfoundland. I was thinking it would only be around $500. What makes it so high? I thought only the taxes has to be paid.

We are flying United out of Portland, Booked last week. The Cat would actually take longer going from Cape Breton as we would have a seven hour drive to yarmouth and 6 hours on the CAT. Easier and cheaper to drive

Only Alagant offers direct flights out of bangor and only 2 days a week Wed and Sat

JetBlue offers Direct flights out of Portland 5 nights a week Thursday to Monday And Airtran offers saturday and sunday direct flights out of portland

We are flying direct on Airtran for 970 cdn for 4

Just keep in mind that Air Tran can change your flights around. We had direct flights and they took them away for that day and stuck us on really bad flights. WE were able to change flights and the week we were scheduled to go (Better deal at DW this way) with no problem. On our way down we have to switch planes, on our way back it's a layover (wasn't supposed to be but they changed it to one).
All that to say, don't hold your breath on a direct flight with these guys. Just keep track of your flights, because I have never gotten an email stating any changes. We got 4 seats in 2.5 weeks for 850 (plus we later added the assigned seating due to the fact that we have 2 toddlers and didn't want to risk it). Also, we booked in August, but now they charge $15 I think it is for the first piece of lugguage (each way).

Just a heads up, thats all! :goodvibes

We are flying with Allegiant back from Florida in January. Just wanted to let you know that they fly from Sanford not MCO, which might be a problem for people planning to use ME. However, the deals with them are amazing and it is a direct flight. We are flying for $99 each. Also, there are very little fees and taxes on top of the price they quote you unlike with Air Canada. You do pay $15 for baggage but I think that's becoming standard practice in the US.

Also, I just looked at their schedule and they definitely fly out more than two days a week. For instance, in April, the only days they don't fly out are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter