At what price would you opt to extend OKW 15 years?

goldilocks_63

<font color=green>OKW+BCV+SSR+AKV<br><font color=c
I don't know how to post a survey,

but was wondering at what price point would OKWers be willing to extend $15 years?

I think the $15 is a bit high, and that is the rumored price (right now only mentioned is the $25).

For me, it would be $5, and for sure I'd do it.

GOldi

I think around $5 to $7 is more fair. That is close to the current "going rate" difference between 2042 and 2057ish resorts.

I MIGHT do it for $5 if I thought it would make a big difference on resale value in the next 5-10 years, but the likelyhood is that we wont do at any price. It just doesn't make sense to us to pay for something that we will not be alive to benefit from. I can just use my 380 points until I don't want to, and then sell them for whatever I can get, and I wont really be out anything.

I don't know how to post a survey,

but was wondering at what price point would OKWers be willing to extend $15 years?

I think the $15 is a bit high, and that is the rumored price (right now only mentioned is the $25).

For me, it would be $5, and for sure I'd do it.

GOldi

I wouldn't pay anything to get the extension. It makes no sense to pay for it now, when I couldn't use it until 2043. I would rather spend the money adding on and getting more points I can use now.

Originally Posted by La2kw
I wouldn't pay anything to get the extension. It makes no sense to pay for it now, when I couldn't use it until 2043. I would rather spend the money adding on and getting more points I can use now.

I agree, I can add about 130 points via resale for what my extension would cost, that is if the $25 is correct. That $25/point will cost you $369 each by the time you get to use them. (8% compounded for 35 years)

I'll be 92 in 2042. I won't even be thinking about DVC then. And who knows if our son will still want it? Dues could be $15 a month or more by then. I don't want to straddle him with costs that he won't be able to afford.

I have no interest at all in extending. I'm considering selling now.

My max would probably be $15, anything higher and it's not going to work for me since I'd rather invest that $25/pt into another resort with a longer contract. I don't think they'd get many takers at $25, so my guess is that is why they started with that, and then they'll give a "deal" to everyone to make it more enticing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter