At first they didn't want me to come, now they don't want me to leave! April 2021 F&G TR (Updated 9/6!)

Agree, the walk from Yacht & Beach is glorious. And the Skyliner hasn't completed destroyed the International Gateway entrance as I'd feared. I'm also a fan of the new security although it took me a while to figure out that a mini Altoids tin was setting off the sensors so I don't carry that anymore! The lobster dish looks amazing! I am going to have to seek that out next visit. Weather sounds like perfection - jealous!

I finally made it over here!!!

The car arrived quickly once booked and I was at the airport around 6:45
Not the best way to start your travel day!

Well, a short time later we are still flying due west, and before long were flying out over the gulf. What the….
Oh No!

“Hi everyone, can you see me? Hi, I’m the first officer, and I’m the one who landed the plane at the wrong airport. Sorry about that.”
Hilarious!

Then, he did something amazing. He announced that anyone, little kids and big kids alike, were welcome to come into the cockpit to check things out.
That was amazing and probably helped pass the time.

This pilot was amazing (and to be blunt, really hot!), and when I mentioned how jealous my dad would be once he heard I got to do this, he asked if I had a phone to get a picture. I told him I did, but I left it at my seat. Well, he asked which seat I was in and actually ran back to grab my phone from my seat and then came back and took a bunch of pictures for me! Such an awesome guy.
Man he really was great!

When we landed he came on again and totally deadpan goes "well, we're here" :rotfl:

Seriously, this guy was awesome.
I literally LOL'd

The passengers on the plane were pretty great too, no one seemed too upset and once we landed someone goes "now that was the longest two hour flight I've ever been on!"
Probably having the pilot set the tone really helped keep everyone happy.

Finally I was there!!!!! We arrived at the YC around 4:30, much later than the morning arrival I had anticipated, but I was just so happy to finally be back!
I would just have been SOOO happy to be there after that travel story!

I also picked up the blackberry fruit beer to go with it. The beer was good, better than I expected!
This sounds like something I would like!

Now I was hit with a dilemma. Do I pick up my food and abandon the table and go get silverware, or do I chance leaving my stuff at the table and run and grab it and hope no one takes anything. Oh the problems of traveling alone!
I was thinking more about the birds flying in and trying to eat the food!

I’m joining in, wow for the flight drama, so happy the pilot was hot! This helps some, lol 😂

I love the Yacht Club, one of my favorites now.

Your first evening in Epcot looks lovely, I think we were there that evening, bummer we missed each other. I saw some really beautiful Dapper Day outfits, way more than the last time we visited on a Dapper Day!
I agree the weather was awesome!

Wow, what a travel tale! Glad you made it eventually :). And we’re coming down at the end of May so I’m loving your food reviews!

Enjoying your report. Glad the crew made the long wait and problems much easier to deal with!

Agree, the walk from Yacht & Beach is glorious. And the Skyliner hasn't completed destroyed the International Gateway entrance as I'd feared. I'm also a fan of the new security although it took me a while to figure out that a mini Altoids tin was setting off the sensors so I don't carry that anymore! The lobster dish looks amazing! I am going to have to seek that out next visit. Weather sounds like perfection - jealous!

That walk over really is glorious! I had been so concerned about the skyliner and what it would do to IG. So far not bad, although I haven't attempted rope drop yet with the skyliner there, so not sure how it is that time of day. Guess I'll find out in September!

That's funny about the Altoids, what a weird thing to set off the sensors! I had a bunch of batteries in my bag and nothing!

The lobster salad was amazing, such great flavors and a perfect snack on a warm day! And if you like goat cheese I recommend the chicken flatbread at the Honey Bee-stro, that was also awesome, but had a very strong goat cheese flavor.

I finally made it over here!!!

:welcome: So glad you made it!! I'm still one like page two of your TR, but I'm catching up!

Not the best way to start your travel day!

Not at all, rough start, but at least the day turned around once I arrived!

That was amazing and probably helped pass the time.

It was so awesome, he really made the whole thing not only bearable, but actually a teensy bit fun. Just a teensy bit though. :rotfl:

Probably having the pilot set the tone really helped keep everyone happy.

This exactly. He did such a great job, we really lucked out having him as our pilot!

I would just have been SOOO happy to be there after that travel story!

It's hard to imagine being even more excited to arrive at Disney than on a normal travel day, but yup, I was practically jumping for joy when we finally arrived!

This sounds like something I would like!

I was surprised how much I did like it, I thought it was going to be too sweet but it wasn't and was really good!

I was thinking more about the birds flying in and trying to eat the food!

I didn't even think about that, but you're totally right! That is way more of a threat than some random guest taking my food!

I’m joining in, wow for the flight drama, so happy the pilot was hot! This helps some, lol 😂
Haha, well it certainly didn't hurt! Seriously, my seat buddy Maria and I had a lengthy discussion about how hot he is :rotfl2:

I love the Yacht Club, one of my favorites now.

Isn't it great? Love it so much, it's so beautiful, perfect location, great lounge (when it opens), and we love the sand bottom in the pool, it feels so good on tired feet after a long day in the park!

Your first evening in Epcot looks lovely, I think we were there that evening, bummer we missed each other. I saw some really beautiful Dapper Day outfits, way more than the last time we visited on a Dapper Day!
I agree the weather was awesome!

Oh no way! That's too bad we missed each other. I saw there were a handful of people from here there that week and I was wondering if I'd see anyone, but didn't.

It was really cool to be there for Dapper Day, I had no idea it would be during my trip but I'm glad it was, it was great to see everyone all dressed up! Although I felt totally underdressed that day!

Wow, what a travel tale! Glad you made it eventually :). And we’re coming down at the end of May so I’m loving your food reviews!

Haha, yup, that was quite the adventure! I believe it was the first time my flight has been diverted, so that's a fun first. :rotfl:

That's awesome you have an upcoming trip, I hope you have an amazing time! The food at the F&G booths this year was all really good, I didn't have anything I didn't like. There will be more food reviews coming up shortly!

Enjoying your report. Glad the crew made the long wait and problems much easier to deal with!

:welcome: and thanks! Yeah, the crew on that flight were fantastic. They made something pretty miserable actually kind of fun! It seems crazy, but one of the highlights of my trip was being able to go into the cockpit!

Now that you had finally made it, sounds like you were having a great time!

Oh yeah, I was ready for some Disney fun once I got there! Grateful we got there in time to actually enjoy a full evening in Epcot! Also very grateful they extended the hours from closing at like 7 to closing at 10. Definitely helpful with a late arrival!

Day 1, Part 5: More Fun in Epcot!

We last left off with me enjoying my beer flight from Pineapple Promenade.

When I wrapped up there I decided it was time for some retail therapy.

I swung by the Port of Entry, and actually walked around it trying to figure out which doors were entrances vs exits, turns out they were all entrances and exits. Oops!

While there I picked up the orange bird shirt I wanted, a shirt for my mom, a cute cat sweatshirt, and also picked up the Spike map, as well as the prize because according the CM they were almost out of the tumblers. I was surprised by this since the had only recently replaced the plates with the tumblers, but I guess those were popular and the only design they had left was the orange bird one. Good thing that’s the one I wanted! :rotfl:

Once done shopping I took a stroll around World Showcase. It was getting pretty busy back there so I didn’t stop as much as I had wanted. Plus I was really starting to feel the lack of sleep and the stress from the mornings flight. I did get some pictures of some of the displays though!

If my brain was awake I would have recognized how poorly this came out with the backlighting, but alas, my brain was done for the day!

I did stop in China to check out the display with the birth years and just explore the pavilion a bit. That was really cool, and it was so calm back there. I wish I was more awake to really take it all in.

As I was leaving, by the Japan pavilion I saw a PP photographer, so had to stop for a picture. Of course I totally forgot I could take off my mask!

Most PP photographers remind you that you can, but this guy didn’t, and I was kind of in a daze at that point, so oh well. At least it shows the real experience!

I made my way out of the park after that for a much needed nap and to do some unpacking.

Next up: An Evening at Epcot!

Last edited:
While eating I got to take in the surroundings and the massive and frankly pretty ugly new fireworks barges. I hope when they turn them into fountains it looks better!
I am so with you on this, I HATE the way they look! Every trip I notice MORE barges out there and 2 weeks ago was really the worst. The renderings look nice but we'll see........

Speaking of last time I was there I think I just realized we were there the same time?? We were there the 24-28th and were in MK for Dapper Day! And pretty sure that was the day before Epcot Dapper Day!

I really wanted to do the Spike scavenger hunt and of course never did! I really liked the plates they had earlier in the festival.
I agree about the crowds in WS, i thought it was the busiest area on our trip.
It is so nice to walk back to the room from the IG area, I can’t wait to stay at the YC again!

Joining in! Yikes to that crazy travel day but yay to the Yacht Club and fun at Epcot! It looks like you had some great nibbles and drinks. I adore F&G and how fun that you were there for Dapper Day!

I am so with you on this, I HATE the way they look! Every trip I notice MORE barges out there and 2 weeks ago was really the worst. The renderings look nice but we'll see........

Yes!!! I can't believe how big they are in person too, they just don't look good right now.

Speaking of last time I was there I think I just realized we were there the same time?? We were there the 24-28th and were in MK for Dapper Day! And pretty sure that was the day before Epcot Dapper Day!

We were there at the same time! There were a bunch of us there that week. Great minds, right? :rotfl2:

I really wanted to do the Spike scavenger hunt and of course never did! I really liked the plates they had earlier in the festival.
I agree about the crowds in WS, i thought it was the busiest area on our trip.
It is so nice to walk back to the room from the IG area, I can’t wait to stay at the YC again!

To be fair, while I picked up the map, I totally failed at actually completing it. Glad the CM advised me to pick up the prize before I even got started! :rotfl:

Yeah, WS was almost always pretty packed. Especially in the evenings. I'm guessing with Epcot being open the latest a lot of people hop there. I hope they start extending the hours at other parks soon, or at least before our September trip, so the evenings in Epcot calm down a bit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter