At first they didn't want me to come, now they don't want me to leave! April 2021 F&G TR (Updated 9/6!)

I feel you with the flight updates - I also live in DC and no matter what airport I fly out of, I have been getting hit with them left and right. It is SO infuriating and makes it really difficult to plan ahead. Not to mention that prices are going through the roof!

Isn't it so frustrating? I don't understand why people wanting to travel suddenly caught them off guard, it's crazy! I really hope they figure it out soon, I'd love to know what flight I'm taking!

That's so annoying and crazy! I don't understand how they can change a flight time THAT drastically!

Exactly! I could understand even an hour change, but 8 hours is ridiculous. Never expected simply finding a flight down to Disney to be this stressful! :rotfl:

Loving your trip report!

Flight changes are ridiculous right now. Our direct from San Francisco, changed to 5am with a layover in Seattle. Makes complete sense right? Plus we live in Sacramento, 2 hours away. We would have to leave at like 1am. The only reason I don't book Sac is for the direct from SFO. You'd think I would learn my lesson, our direct from SFO was canceled last summer too!

I'm sorry, it's so annoying!

Ok guys, this is getting a bit crazy. So in case you haven't been following my flight drama for my upcoming trip, my flight times have been changed a few times now, with each change being an increasingly less desirable time (seriously who wants to be arriving at 11pm?). Well, I ended up cancelling those flights and booking new ones so I can arrive in the morning and leave early enough to get home in time to pick up my dog from boarding.

Well, just got an email about my new flight, which was supposed to take off around 8am, has been bumped to 4pm! This is exactly what happened with my old flight! What are the chances? This is getting so ridiculous, I'm tempted to just fly down the day before and stay at the airport hotel since apparently no airline wants me to arrive in the morning! >:(

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good Monday! Thanks for letting me vent.
I booked a flight for 6:40 for my trip at the end of October. I keep checking the website to make sure it hadn’t changed. I am thinking about doing the same thing you said about flying at night the day before and staying somewhere if it turns into a late flight

Been a while since I've posted and update, sorry about that! There's a good reason though...I was on vacation! Well, a staycation, but most importantly, my mom visited! I haven't seen her since 2019, so it was long overdue. Since school finally wrapped up for her, she decided to come down to help me celebrate my birthday (i.e. buy me stuff :rotfl2:)

Speaking of birthday presents, look at this
bouquet a neighbor dropped off for me on my birthday, it is gorgeous!

It was so good having her here and we were super busy. We got to check out a new restaurant that opened in town on a pier on the Potomac, and it was amazing! If anyone is ever in the DC area I recommend checking it out, it's called Barca.

We spent a lot of time wandering around town, and of course hit up the farmers market where we went a bit overboard. My fridge is packed solid now! Thanks mom!

I also gifted my mom some of my sourdough starter and we baked some bread and made some discard pizza while she was here so she could get hands on instructions.

Oh, and you may recall from past TRs that my mom LOVES lamb, so lucky for her we went to a place right by my house where she was able to get lamb! She believes this is the first lamb she's had since our 2019 Disney trip!

Mom and her lamb.

It was a great vacation, and so nice to see my mom again! Now I need to get back into writing this TR. Usually I try to get ahead by a few posts, but I'm slacking this time and still need to write the next post, so maybe this weekend I'll get that done! Hope everyone has a great fourth!

Loving your trip report!

Flight changes are ridiculous right now. Our direct from San Francisco, changed to 5am with a layover in Seattle. Makes complete sense right? Plus we live in Sacramento, 2 hours away. We would have to leave at like 1am. The only reason I don't book Sac is for the direct from SFO. You'd think I would learn my lesson, our direct from SFO was canceled last summer too!

I'm sorry, it's so annoying!

Thank you!

You are so right, airlines are going crazy with flight changes right now! Sorry to hear about your flight, that is so frustrating. Fingers crossed the airlines stop changing flights so much soon!

I booked a flight for 6:40 for my trip at the end of October. I keep checking the website to make sure it hadn’t changed. I am thinking about doing the same thing you said about flying at night the day before and staying somewhere if it turns into a late flight

Good luck, hopefully yours doesn't change! I am definitely leaning towards flying in the night before, it will be nice just to get down there even if I'm not in Disney that first night!

Good luck, hopefully yours doesn't change! I am definitely leaning towards flying in the night before, it will be nice just to get down there even if I'm not in Disney that first night!
Thanks.
I love that you got to see your mom and do things with her. That’s absolutely more important than updating the trip report

Been a while since I've posted and update, sorry about that! There's a good reason though...I was on vacation! Well, a staycation, but most importantly, my mom visited! I haven't seen her since 2019, so it was long overdue. Since school finally wrapped up for her, she decided to come down to help me celebrate my birthday (i.e. buy me stuff :rotfl2:)
So happy you had that special time with your Mom! I am going to see my parents on July 12th and it will have been 17 months at that point since I saw them last.
It was so good having her here and we were super busy. We got to check out a new restaurant that opened in town on a pier on the Potomac, and it was amazing! If anyone is ever in the DC area I recommend checking it out, it's called Barca.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Will you both be able to go for your F&W trip this fall?

Happy Birthday!! :cake: I'm so glad your mom was able to visit. It must have been difficult for both of you to go a whole year plus without seeing each other! We should be seeing F&W menus soon ... hopefully there will be some lamb for your mom!

Thanks.
I love that you got to see your mom and do things with her. That’s absolutely more important than updating the trip report

Yeah, it was so great to finally see her again! We usually see each other three times a year, so to go 18 months without seeing each other was very long!

So happy you had that special time with your Mom! I am going to see my parents on July 12th and it will have been 17 months at that point since I saw them last.
Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Will you both be able to go for your F&W trip this fall?

It was so nice to finally see her again! We had such a great time.

We are both going on our F&W trip this fall and we are so ridiculously excited!

Happy Birthday!! :cake: I'm so glad your mom was able to visit. It must have been difficult for both of you to go a whole year plus without seeing each other! We should be seeing F&W menus soon ... hopefully there will be some lamb for your mom!

Thank you! It was so great having her here, it was definitely hard going so long without seeing her!

I can't wait for the menus to come out, and yeah, it would make my mom's trip if they have lamb! Also dying to hear if they will have any special events, I feel like they wouldn't remove the "taste of" if they were only doing food booths....

Thank you! It was so great having her here, it was definitely hard going so long without seeing her!

I can't wait for the menus to come out, and yeah, it would make my mom's trip if they have lamb! Also dying to hear if they will have any special events, I feel like they wouldn't remove the "taste of" if they were only doing food booths....
Good point on the formal festival title. My guess is, if anything, there's a "part 2" to the festival that launches 10/1. I'd really love a tequila or wine vs. beer lunch (or both), PFTS, and/or to see some of my fave Top Chef/Food Network personalities. Will be interesting to see what Ratatouille does to World Showcase crowds.

Happy Birthday! So glad your mom got to come out. I'm gonna add Barca to my list -- we live in Fairfax and love to go down to Alexandria. Glad you had a good time together!! :)

Good point on the formal festival title. My guess is, if anything, there's a "part 2" to the festival that launches 10/1. I'd really love a tequila or wine vs. beer lunch (or both), PFTS, and/or to see some of my fave Top Chef/Food Network personalities. Will be interesting to see what Ratatouille does to World Showcase crowds.

I think you may be right, which is what I'm afraid of. :rotfl: Our trip this year is weeks earlier than normal, so we won't be there at all in October. Still holding out a bit of hope they'll bring back at least some events in September, fingers crossed!

Yeah, I wonder about Ratatouille too. Hopefully after the initial opening weeks it won't make a huge difference in crowds. Wishful thinking probably!

Happy Birthday! So glad your mom got to come out. I'm gonna add Barca to my list -- we live in Fairfax and love to go down to Alexandria. Glad you had a good time together!! :)

Thank you! And hey there neighbor! :wave: Definitely recommend Barca, it is so good! Plus the location is great, love what they're doing to the waterfront here!

I cannot imagine not seeing my mom for that long, bad enough my sister lives in Georgia so we only see each other once or twice a year. Glad you finally got to get together and looks like a great visit!

Don't like lamb lol but your meal at Barca looks delish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter