ASMovies- 1st time, Dalmation bldg. What else ?

mrsmick

Earning My Ears
Good Morning! We decided to spend several days at WDW instead of the beach. We've booked 4 days Memorial Day-week, and chose the Movies, requested Dalmations.
I see there are 2 Dalm. buildings. Is one better than the other? We are non-smokers, does that matter in regards to which building?
We've never stayed in the values before, please tell me the must do's. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We're only doing two parks, so we'll have a pool/whatever day.

HI mrsmick

I don't htink one block is better than the other, although I must admit we stayed in Pongo and loved it as you are able to use the small path down the side of the block to get to the bus stops rather than going thru Cinema Hall... but to be honest that was hardly a big deal and the air con in there is fab!!!!
:)

we had a ground floor room overlooking some gardens (courtyard had more passing traffic) Lovely!!!

HTH

Disney Daft Mum

Val
x

'97 Off Site
'01 ASMo (Buzz Lightyear)
'02 ASMo (Pongo)
'03 Polynesian (anywhere they like who cares....we're going)

The best tip I can give you about staying at the value resorts is that if you have a car, I would drive to the parks-especially if you stay until closing. Leaving the resorts is no problem. Leaving the parks at closing, the busses are packed. Last August we decided to sit and wait until the throngs of people had boarded the busses to return to the resort. We sat about 30 minutes, but the weather was very pleasant. They do send more busses at park closing to expedite your trip. They do pack those busses as full as possible.

I second using your own transportation- I have stayed at Movies and POLY and leaving the parks to ANYWHERE at closing is just torture- especially if its raining.

I believe that one of the Dalmatian buildings is a smoking building, so you might want to make sure that you request a non-smoking room. :)

Good morning again, I wanted to thank ya'll for the replies.
I'm pretty sure any place you stay on-site is a treat. Not having to worry about cooking and cleaning is nice. Being able to play all day and most of the night at Disneyworld is, well, I can't find the word great enough to describe that feeling. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter